Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullied

Options
  • 17-05-2016 2:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello

I feel the Athletics mods are bullying me. What can I do about it? Robinph suggested I post here. I am a knowledgeable person and perhaps it comes off poorly

#haterz?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you disputing a card or ban? If so, please confirm which one and that you have attempted to resolve your dispute directly with the mod in question

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Stablemaster

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you disputing a card or ban? If so, please confirm which one and that you have attempted to resolve your dispute directly with the mod in question

Thank you Beasty. I am disputing a ban for trolling. Robin suggested I bring it here will I repost as the original was deleted?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I can see deleted posts so there is no need to copy it over here unless you believe it will help your case

I will have a look at this but I might need a bit of time to dig into the background.

Your claim of "bullying" is also noted. This site takes such claims very seriously but I should warn you that it takes any false claims equally seriously. If you feel you have evidence of such bullying please provide me, via PM, with relevant links or forward any PMs you consider consutitute bullying

Thanks

Maybe bullying is a little harsh. Perhaps overzealous mod behaviour ? Thank you for listening to me I love boards and want to possibly be a mod myself someday!

Thanks for that - please do not throw terms like that around on the site lightly

I will try and look at this later on although it may be tomorroiw before I manage to get back to you

• Advertisement

OK, I've been looking at your history of posting in the Athletics/Running forums and sub-forums

Since you joined a couple of months ago you have posted 55 times in those forums, but the local mods have deleted 14 of those as they were off-topic, or trolling. In addition nearly 40% of your posts your have been reported by numerous different posters, mainly for trolling

To date the local mods have issued 4 yellows and 2 reds before the one day ban issued earlier.

Looking at your posts I am struggling to find any that could be described as "constructive discussion". Plenty of one-liners without much purpose as well as references attempting to recruit people to your Strava account.

Then today you post this:
    Had a think and put this together

The concept of Parkrun starting with a lower case ‘p’ made sense: the idea of a ‘low key’ run where the masses congregated to enjoy a jolly plod together suggested that the lower case ‘p’ was appropriate, especially if we consider it in terms of the inexorable link between form and content.
    Unfortunately, a number of ‘runners’ have poisoned the Corinthian spirit of the Parkrun. The Parkrun has become a glory-hunting cauldron of mediocrity. Those responsible for chasing Parkrun age-group bests and course records have soiled/bastardized the unspoken beauty of the Parkrun. There’s no turning back now…
    I, Stablemaster, decree that Parkrun will always start with a capital ‘P’; you, the Parkrun Plodites soiled the event – suffer the consequences: the capital ‘P’ reigns… Parkrun will always start with a capital ‘P’; you, the Parkrun Plodites soiled the event – suffer the consequences: the capital ‘P’ reigns…

Thoughts?
    What was the purpose of that if it was not to wind other posters up? With your clear history of trolling the forum and given the mod actions you have already been subject to, you surely know others would react to such a post?

Why do you never actually post anything constructive within the forum? Is your sole purpose here to try and wind up other posters?

I guess I would I argue not trying to annoy people with those posts. I am beginning to think maybe my name is bothering people? Is there a way to change handle?

Thanks

Changing your username will not in itself change your posting style, and your prior username will remain visible within your profile. Subscribers to teh site can ask for a namechange though.

Coming back to the underlying issue of your posting. I am tempted to up you ban as you really have been out to wind others up and you record in the forum over a very short "history" is, to be frank, atrociuos (and I can see other posts already deleted by the local mods that could also have been acted upon).

Before taking a decision on that though, could you confirm if the post you made yesterday that resulted in that one day ban (which I appreciate is now over) were penned by yourself, or copied from elsewhere?

Changing your username will not in itself change your posting style, and your prior username will remain visible within your profile. Subscribers to teh site can ask for a namechange though.

Coming back to the underlying issue of your posting. I am tempted to up you ban as you really have been out to wind others up and you record in the forum over a very short "history" is, to be frank, atrociuos (and I can see other posts already deleted by the local mods that could also have been acted upon).

Before taking a decision on that though, could you confirm if the post you made yesterday that resulted in that one day ban (which I appreciate is now over) were penned by yourself, or copied from elsewhere?

Which post?

The one I quoted above concerning "Parkrun"

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry Beasty. I did actually cut and paste these. You should know though that I am actually part of the Strava group they come from. The Boss of that group has a lifetime site ban and I was only posting as I thought he had brought up some worthwhile discussion points worth sharing.

I am from Utah and am sadly unaware of Irish message board etiquette, please accept my apologies for any harm caused

You are in Utah, but come all the way to Wicklow to race?

You're trolling me now. I'm going to permanently ban you from Athtetics/Running

You are in Utah, but come all the way to Wicklow to race?

You're trolling me now. I'm going to permanently ban you from Athtetics/Running

You obviously have never heard of dramatic voice. While using the written word I often shift voices so as to make points in a more dramatic and therefore bolder way.

I am appealing the ban as I believe I've done nothing wrong. There is nothing in the A/R charter about posting in character.

Furthermore I believe I'm being unfairly targeted by jealous posters following my every post and reporting it.

You obviously have never heard of dramatic voice. While using the written word I often shift voices so as to make points in a more dramatic and therefore bolder way.

I am appealing the ban as I believe I've done nothing wrong. There is nothing in the A/R charter about posting in character.

Furthermore I believe I'm being unfairly targeted by jealous posters following my every post and reporting it.
    Posting in character? Are you being serious? That's pretty much an admission of trolling

I am upholding the permanent ban I have just applied. Do you want another Sports CMod to review that or to go straight to an Admin for review?

Posting in character? Are you being serious? That's pretty much an admission of trolling

I am upholding the permanent ban I have just applied. Do you want another Sports CMod to review that or to go straight to an Admin for review?

I would like to first appeal to another Sports mod. Thank you for your time Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stablemaster, the last time you were in Prison, with one of your many duplicate accounts, you said that you wouldn't come back and you'd be migrating to your own forum.

Sitebanned due to multi-accounting and trolling, intentionally posting to get rises out of people and suck enjoyment out of discussion forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement