Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League Final: Liverpool vs Sevilla; Wednesday 19:45; Setanta Ireland / TV3 /BT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I just hope if were loosing the usuals give it large,always seems to do the trick

Various sarcastic mentions of "big game player" and "Barca scouts" would be welcome for sure when Coutinho blazes another attempt into the stands. It's worked in the last couple of rounds anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

This is game made for Bobby F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Have a feeling himself and phil will score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The most talented Bobby to ever play the game of football, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    Game could go either way really. I hope Liverpool players go out and give it their all, but not in an over-committed, stupid red card or leave mad gaps at the back type way.
    It's tailored made for Alberto Moreno. He's a former Sevilla player so they'll be well aware that he's a defensive liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

martyos121 wrote: »
    The most talented Bobby to ever play the game of football, no doubt about it.

More that Bobby Pires, or Bobbyo Carlos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I for one would like to say hello to the newly formed boards Sevilla supporters club, hope it goes by the wayside beside the Villarreal one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I for one would like to say hello to the newly formed boards Sevilla supporters club, hope it goes by the wayside beside the Villarreal one

Liverpool were rightly not favourites in any of the previous two rounds, and rightly aren't favourites again.

Predicting they'll lose isn't the same as supporting their opponents.

Plus, it's a match thread, not a Liverpool supporters thread.

Some people (like me) have money on Sevilla, so will of course be happy if Sevilla are winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dickerty wrote: »
    More that Bobby Pires, or Bobbyo Carlos?

Bobby Baggio too.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool were favs vs Villareal, and 50/50 vs utd. Underdogs vs Dortmund of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool were rightly not favourites in any of the previous two rounds, and rightly aren't favourites again.

Some people (like me) have money on Sevilla, so will of course be happy if Sevilla are winning.

Swing and a miss.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Bobby Baggio too.

And Big Bobby Huth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool are favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bobby zamora

/end thread/

Banner win

CiuzT6oWkAEyGF1.jpg

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Knex. wrote: »
    Sevilla to win 9-0.

One can dream but believe it or not it is possible for a United fan to actually think ye will win a game, despite the fact I would much rather ye lose of course.

I saw something in the second leg of the semi that I've never seen from you lads.

Play like that and I'd put ye at just below evens against ANY team in the world at the moment.

Against lower tier teams then I'd put ye at slight favourites.

I do hope ye lose though.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

monkey9 wrote: »
    Liverpool are favourites
    No we aren't.

We are just a fading power who only got this far because none of the teams we beat were bothered with the Autoglass Shield of European footabll and we had the whole squad and supporters drugged to the hilt on PEDs and, sure, our squad is only championship level but Klopp dragged them from the abyss with the sheer force of his personality and pushed their sorry asses over the line after some very disputed goals.

Am I doing this right?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A real David v Goliath game as budget Seville go up against massive spending Pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

A real David v Goliath game as budget Seville go up against massive spending Pool

Who are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm not trying to take anything away from Sevilla as they are a really good side, and would have to be to have remained so competitive over the years but this will be their toughest Europa final yet, Dnipro and Benfica are hardly giants of the game in recent times.

Liverpool beat United, Dortmund and Villareal in the last few rounds probably the toughest teams of the competition, Dortmund considered the overwhelming favorites from the beginning.

I can't really call but I've felt its Liverpool's trophy for a while now. It's going to be a fantastic game, both teams are **** or bust with regards European football next season so both will be desperate to win.

So bloody excited now. 6 hours to go !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Please keep it going all day. We need you right until the final whistle.

Start on the Coutinho stuff midway through the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Liverpool should win this one by two three goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Hoping for a Sevilla win tonight,but have a feeling Liverpool will win a trophy on penalties again.

some of you are making the baby jesus cry right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp has lost 5 or his last 6 cup finals odds not really in Liverpool's favour.

I'm going for an easy Sevilla win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sevilla have struggled noticeably against aggressive pressing this season. They aren't as good as they were years previous. They're still a tough proposition but there are far worse times you could have played them.

Haven't seen enough of Liverpool this season to say whether they can do it. Hopefully it'll be an entertaining game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

And some of us actually enjoy watching Sevilla and Unai Emery's teams play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Please keep it going all day. We need you right until the final whistle.

Start on the Coutinho stuff midway through the first half.

I'm not one for agreeing with Rayne Wooney but he's not wrong here. The difference in spending power and resources between Liverpool and clubs like Villareal and Sevilla is massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'm not one for agreeing with Rayne Wooney but he's not wrong here. The difference in spending power and resources between Liverpool and clubs like Villareal and Sevilla is massive.

if spending power and resources actually made a difference pretty sure United would be in the final.

come kick off, what does it matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

AIG is here to tell every Liverpool fan how good Sevilla are & how naive we are for being confident of beating them tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Sod it - placed a fiver on 4-0 for LFC to lift the trophy, in for a penny in for a pound

Sure everyone told me Dortmund would beat us.. then it was Villareals turn to show us up. I think Ill just watch the game

some of you are making the baby jesus cry right now.

Ah, he's a baby, he's meant to cry...

MD1990 wrote: »
    AIG is here to tell every Liverpool fan how good Sevilla are & how naive we are for being confident of beating them tonight.

Jumped from the Chelsea boat to the Barca boat, then onto the Dortmund boat and then the Villarreal boat so the Sevilla boat is to be expected, he has to get one right at some point right.

Jumped from the Chelsea boat to the Barca boat, then onto the Dortmund boat and then the Villarreal boat so the Sevilla boat is to be expected, he has to get one right at some point right.
    Jumped from the Ireland boat to the Spain boat as well. It has nothing to do with these teams winning trophies. Just loves there style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Depends on Moreno and Mignolet not fcking up, but Liverpool should win this one. Hope it doesnt take them going a goal (or two) down to make them perform though. 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"No guys, I've always admired *Googles Sevilla manager*... Una Emre"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Any of the Seville players in the transfer crosshairs at the moment?

• Advertisement

Sevilla are a physical side too. They will be dangerous from set pieces especially. Poor at the back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You just know at some point he'll pick the Titanic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sevilla are a physical side too. They will be dangerous from set pieces especially. Poor at the back though.

Having Gameiro, N'Zonzi and Krychowiak in the box for corners and free kicks will be a threat, but most of their players are fairly average on paper.

I do like Krychowiak in midfield though. I'd love to have him at Liverpool as he's a very good DM.

Just hope there losing streak V English teams continue this season with Man City beating them 2-1 and 1-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ha ha Setanta Go set up on my Macbook, Hopefully will work this evening.

(Im a setanta subscriber!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Korat wrote: »

Krychowiak. Been wanted as a defensive midfield type by - insert latest team-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Korat wrote: »

Krychowiak. Been wanted as a defensive midfield type by - insert latest team-

Barca said to be showing interest in Gameiro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Having Gameiro, N'Zonzi and Krychowiak in the box for corners and free kicks will be a threat, but most of their players are fairly average on paper.

I do like Krychowiak in midfield though. I'd love to have him at Liverpool as he's a very good DM.

Krychowiak good in the air. And has a decent punt of a ball.
    Gamiero ok in the air for a small fella. Can't say I've seen him score with headers regular from set piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dogbert27 wrote: »
    It's hard to know which Sevilla are going to turn up tonight. The team that went on a 17 game unbeaten home run and in two cup finals or the team that hasn't won an away game all season in the league.

The player to look out for is Gameiro. Reminds me of Michael Owen in that he is small and quick with a great eye for a finish. One on one with either Lovren or Toure and he'll win hands down. We can't allow him space to run in to.

If it goes to penalties I'd be confident we will win. I saw the penalty shoot out Sevilla were in and their goalkeeper was terrible, only won the shoot out because the other goalkeeper was even worse!!

Steven N'Zonzi (yep, the guy from Stoke last season) plays in their midfield, only realised when I watching that penalty shootout. Both sides were terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm reading on the Arse Mania forum (that's a Gunners site before your ask!) that Krohn-Dehli,Tremoulinas and Kono are all out but it could be tosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm reading on the Arse Mania forum (that's a Gunners site before your ask!) that Krohn-Dehli,Tremoulinas and Kono are all out but it could be tosh.

First 2 are definitely out I thought? Knee injuries?

• Advertisement
Advertisement