Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League Final: Liverpool vs Sevilla; Wednesday 19:45; Setanta Ireland / TV3 /BT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We were very nervous for the first 10 minutes but have settled very well since.

I can't mention one player who didn't have a good half there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Electric last 15 minutes. Should be out of sight. Sturridge is indispensable. What a ****ing unbelievable finish. Pure class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Have to hand it to Emery. He's developed N'Zonzi to be a more controlled player.

He was always good for a red card with Stoke and Blackburn!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Happy enough with this. Need to langer back some more cans, so f ucking nervious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Spanish teams play nicer football than English teams? Sevilla are horrible here, championship standard football. Nothing but route 1.

Remind me of South America teams tbh right down to overreacting to any contact.
    Poor first half if we up the quality we can score as they're poor at the back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Could do with getting Cout involved more now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

One moment of pure class love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

For ages there I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the Sevilla manager reminded me of until it hit me.

The sneaky butler from that Adam Sandler movie 'Mr. Deeds'

Unai-Emery01_1.jpgraw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Shame the half had to end there well on top and should really be 2 up only for an offside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I can't believe how close we are, hope we close this out. First season under Klopp and we're 45 minutes away from the ultimate goal, a place in the UEFA Super Cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Great goal from Sturridge. Sevilla not at the races towards the end of the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Leave AIG alone

Britney.jpeg

Is there really people talking about me on this thread? I've not posted at all in that half, strange how popular I am or how I've become the default Sevilla fan of the forum simply because I enjoy Spanish football.

As someone who has seen Sevilla play much better than they did in that half they are certainly capable of more. While it's a bit soon to be throwing the kitchen sink at it, Konoplyanka on in place of a full back at some point would seem wise. Certainly they struggled late in that half with the press, while playing balls down the channel to Gameiro makes sense they first need to draw out Clyne and Moreno for that to get any kind of joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Maybe you can say that one call would be marginal but we've had 4 valid penalty claims here and 2 of them were absolutely stonewall smack you in the face penalties.

Anywhere else on the pitch if a player runs into someone jumping for a header he doesn't even hesitate to give the foul. And then he gives something random against Milner for having the temerity to have someone run into him.

You have the obvious handball to block the through ball and I don't give a ****e how close it was - it was not a natural movement or position for his hand to be in. You don't get to block the gaps either side of you with your hands.

Then you have not a handball with Firmino, but the tackle that upended him that would've obviously been given as a foul elsewhere.

Finally, the one by Rami that shoudl've at least been a corner should've probably been a penalty as well, but you can see why they wouldn't give it.

Fair enough if one slips you by, but the ref has been utter garbage.
    Reffing the occasion. The biggest load of ****e in football.
    We don't want a personality or your judgement. We want an automaton who fulfills their duties as close to the letter as humanly possible.

Sevilla have been utter ****e.
    Some half-decent interplay to get around our press but nothing going in front of it, against what you would hardly call the best the defence in the world.

Joe Allen pulling double duty tonight, fair play to him, what a workhorse:

HPSIXHy.jpg

What a finish from studge really was pure kwality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Jesus hard to watch this on TV3 ... such Liverpool biased ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Big Neil and Brian are very good

As good a finish as I've seen this season. Still shifting his body weight having hit it, just tremendous.

Not as mad at Sturridge now, keeper was saving that header if Studge wasn't in the way.

Oh, good goal too I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Should be 3 up.

The officials bottled 2 fúcking penalties.

All Sevilla are doing is throwing it long to N'Zonzi. Limited shíte.

All over them. We'd better not regret not being clinical and shíte refereeing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

owen and macmanamanaman on BT not much better tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Howard Webb still not giving penalties to Liverpool

Is there really people talking about me on this thread? I've not posted at all in that half, strange how popular I am or how I've become the default Sevilla fan of the forum simply because I enjoy Spanish football.

As someone who has seen Sevilla play much better than they did in that half they are certainly capable of more. While it's a bit soon to be throwing the kitchen sink at it, Konoplyanka on in place of a full back at some point would seem wise. Certainly they struggled late in that half with the press, while playing balls down the channel to Gameiro makes sense they first need to draw out Clyne and Moreno for that to get any kind of joy.

Ah you know there is. It's the same every thread. Dunno why people care. I'm too invested in the game to care about pivots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Agree with Webb on the Offside, but disagree with the handball.

They didn't even discuss the other handball! Where he had the hands down low out the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Sturridge has that extra quality when finishing no one else in the squad has and very few strikers have.

Might regret not getting a second. Got to start the second in their face.
    45 minutes to win the cup. Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

nice tweet by griezman bout the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Have to hand it to Emery. He's developed N'Zonzi to be a more controlled player.

He was always good for a red card with Stoke and Blackburn!!

Nzonzi has never been the same player since this:

https://i.gyazo.com/3820ef6f5f93064a2cd1eb245670b8ee.png

Anyone wrote: »
    Howard Webb still not giving penalties to Liverpool

No surprise there...

That NRC Taxi ad makes me glad I don't live in Dublin anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A 2nd goal would be great to settle the nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In a game that Liverpool lead 1-0 and were denied penalties?

Who's the one who's biased?

Ah you know there is. It's the same every thread. Dunno why people care. I'm too invested in the game to care about pivots.

I do love a good deep lying playmaker but Sevilla are playing with N'zonzi and I'm struggling to muster up too much enthusiasm.

I'd get Origi on for Firmino at 60 mins if it's still 1-0 to us, need to get at them for 2nd half, attack is best form of defence here.
    Reckon Sturridge will get another goal, hopefully shortly after start of 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

owen and macmanamanaman on BT not much better tbh

Watching it on Danish tv. Don't have a clue what their saying but it's better than listening to Owen!! :pac:

I do love a good deep lying playmaker but Sevilla are playing with N'zonzi and I'm struggling to muster up too much enthusiasm.

It's pathetic.

They have to be better. To be reliant on pumping balls to him seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fantastic goal from Sturridge tonight. Mad to think some people want to sell him because he had a bad injury run.

Ref and assistants woeful tonight.

I hope Liverpool close this out and those poor decisions don't cost them.

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's pathetic.

They have to be better. To be reliant on pumping balls to him seems ridiculous.

It's been noted elsewhere but it's just not in them to play out under intense pressure, they nearly shot themselves in the foot numerous times trying it against Athletic Bilbao.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jaysis

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

FFS

• Advertisement

well ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

YUS!

Moreno, you're so fúcking useless.