Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

• 17-05-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Evleaks tweeted a picture of what he says is the OnePlus 3. It looks great imo. He says it will have an AMOLED display and 3000mah battery. The headphone jack is on the bottom (finally).

It will probably be announced at the end of July, since the OP2 was announced on July 27th last year.

What do ye think of it? Will you get one?

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/732465553378418688

Cio9e2QVAAAC-_I.jpg:large

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks good. Kind of like a HTC with full metal body.

I don't know if I will get one as I was late getting the OP two while I got the OPO early in its life cycle. Reason I as late getting the OP 2 was I was still very happy with the OPO, but now that I have the two it is a much better phone specifically the camera. It is so much better than the first phone.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Still on the oneplus one currently.

If gsmarena are correct, it will support both bands 3 and 20, which is great for 4G here.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6327&idPhone2=7995

I'd be thinking about retiring my oneplus one in favour of this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Will be interesting to see the specs once it is launched. Dual sim according to the link above which woukd be handy. Could get rid of the work phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I don't know if I will get one as I was late getting the OP two while I got the OPO early in its life cycle. Reason I as late getting the OP 2 was I was still very happy with the OPO, but now that I have the two it is a much better phone specifically the camera. It is so much better than the first phone.

True, looks exactly like a HTC phone.

What camera app are you using on the OP2? Im not sure its much better.

MarkR wrote: »
    Still on the oneplus one currently.

If gsmarena are correct, it will support both bands 3 and 20, which is great for 4G here.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6327&idPhone2=7995

I'd be thinking about retiring my oneplus one in favour of this...

I think they just copied the OP2 specs for most it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Still happy with my OPO tbh :D

But I'll keep an eye on this thread. I really hope they don't have the same invite system though, that's a total disaster!

CptMackey wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see the specs once it is launched. Dual sim according to the link above which woukd be handy. Could get rid of the work phone

The OP2 has dual sim. I think the link above is just a copy of the OP2 specs for the majority of it.

True, looks exactly like a HTC phone.

What camera app are you using on the OP2? Im not sure its much better.
    I'm using the stock one that comes with the oxygen 3.0 beta. I find it far better takes pics instantly while OPO used to lag a few mili seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm still using OPO which works great apart from updates periodically killing batter life (like COS13).

Will probably switch but it will need a bit more wow than the OP2. Things like 3000maH battery don't really inspire me into thinking "I need this now" - there is a lot more repeatable Chinese competition bringing out high spec phones than there was when they launched the OPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The only reason I still have my 2 is because of custom roms, I'm disappointed with Oxygen, but Im also sick of messing around with roms too! So I hope to pick up in the next few months either the HTC 10 or maybe the next Nexus if its HTC built and move back to a fully formed phone again. If i had a spare 700 lying around Id have the 10 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Would have liked to see a 5.5 screen on it. oh well.

god's toy wrote: »
    The specs aren't released yet. Tbh I'd say they will stay with 5.5 as it is a good size not too big and not too small and it has worked for them in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Still have the One myself, battery life seems to be getting worse with each update. Have messed around with the Oneplus X a few times and to be honest I'm not a fan of Oxygen OS at all.

The One has served me well but I'll be going back to a Nexus phone whenever I decide to get rid. Oneplus are so slow with updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

xtal191 wrote: »
    Still have the One myself, battery life seems to be getting worse with each update. Have messed around with the Oneplus X a few times and to be honest I'm not a fan of Oxygen OS at all.

The One has served me well but I'll be going back to a Nexus phone whenever I decide to get rid. Oneplus are so slow with updates.
    It isn't the slowness that bothers me - it is that each update has consecutively made the phone a bit worse rather than better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm still using OPO which works great apart from updates periodically killing batter life (like COS13).

Every update seems to destroy my battery for around a week or so, but then it will get back to normal. Think I'm even starting to see a noticeable improvement over the last few days

Interested in the OP3 but will wait a while to see how it fares, as much as I love my OPO I'm tempted to move away from the brand now. Never had to deal with support myself, but their reputation has gone down the shîtter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've seen so many posts about sh1tty customer care experiences, and so many posts about people with issues where it almost seems like a gamble with oxygen OS. I have a OPX and I think I've been lucky I haven't had any issues. I'm not a big fan of Oxygen OS and updates to fix issues seems slow to come out and when it does it usually breaks something else.

I think if they got rid of oxygen or at least make sure it was solid before release it would be ok, but with the OPX its like they released it while it was still testing to meet timelines and it wasn't near a finished product.

In fairness to them when my opo modem sent nuts they were quick to try a software fix and when that didn't work they replaced with a brand new device.

In fairness to them when my opo modem sent nuts they were quick to try a software fix and when that didn't work they replaced with a brand new device.

Out if curiosity, how long did it take from the point you reported the issue to you having the new phone in your hands?

I'm using the stock one that comes with the oxygen 3.0 beta. I find it far better takes pics instantly while OPO used to lag a few mili seconds.

Is that much better than the standard Oxygen 2.2.1 camera that came with the phone?? There's much many options n my camera, e.g. I can't change the focus modes like I could on the OPO

The specs on that site aren't confirmed, they just made them up for some reason!

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »

Jesus, I forgot about getting 8hrs screen on time on my OPO, it halved when I upgrade OTA to CM13 I think it was :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Evleaks tweeted a picture of what he says is the OnePlus 3. It looks great imo. He says it will have an AMOLED display and 3000mah battery. The headphone jack is on the bottom (finally).

It will probably be announced at the end of July, since the OP2 was announced on July 27th last year.

What do ye think of it? Will you get one?

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/732465553378418688

Cio9e2QVAAAC-_I.jpg:large

Maybe two different screen size options looking at the photo?

I've had the OPO, OPT. Dad got a OPO and the girlfriend just got the Ceramic OPX. I think I might go for the OP3 :)

maximoose wrote: »
    Every update seems to destroy my battery for around a week or so, but then it will get back to normal. Think I'm even starting to see a noticeable improvement over the last few days

Interested in the OP3 but will wait a while to see how it fares, as much as I love my OPO I'm tempted to move away from the brand now. Never had to deal with support myself, but their reputation has gone down the shîtter.

They didn't answer a few of my support tickets. I tried DMing them on Twitter and they replied always the next day. Bizarre.

I had an issue with my headphone jack. It was getting a weird buzz/static noise when I used headphones, which many others seem to get. Their response was that my Apple headphones and other generic headphones weren't compatible with their standard 3.5mm headphone jack :confused::pac: Equally amusing and confusing.

Is that much better than the standard Oxygen 2.2.1 camera that came with the phone?? There's much many options n my camera, e.g. I can't change the focus modes like I could on the OPO
    I'm not sure never used oxygen 2.2 I updated straight to 3.0 beta after I got the phone.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Maybe two different screen size options looking at the photo?

I've had the OPO, OPT. Dad got a OPO and the girlfriend just got the Ceramic OPX. I think I might go for the OP3 :)

Never noticed that. EVleaks didn't mention it though. I think its unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

My OnePlus 2 loves freezing, especially for a phone that can't have its battery removed. And the battery is dropping in performance at an exponential rate.

So, I might give this phone a miss.

I'm not sure never used oxygen 2.2 I updated straight to 3.0 beta after I got the phone.

Ah. How many hours screen on time are you getting? (out of curiosity)

Saipanne wrote: »
    My OnePlus 2 loves freezing, especially for a phone that can't have its battery removed.

So, I might give this phone a miss.

Are you on the Oxygen 3.0 beta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Are you on the Oxygen 3.0 beta?

No, where would I get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Wasn't hugely impressed with the OP2 compared to the OPO but given it'll likely be €200 cheaper than even the Nexus competitor I'll probably pick one up with it launches.

Ah. How many hours screen on time are you getting? (out of curiosity)
    So far today I am on 4 and a half hours onscreen time with 30% battery left.

:confused::eek:
    Im on an 1hr 12m with 80%

What apps do you frequently use?

:confused::eek:
    Im on an 1hr 12m with 80%

What apps do you frequently use?
    Mostly chrome browser, Facebook for about 40 mins general browsing of Facebook watching a few videos. I watched a very small bit of YouTube. I as also on adverts app for a while. I also have brightness set a small bit above halfway. Still perfect to view screen not dark or not too light.

Mostly chrome browser, Facebook for about 40 mins general browsing of Facebook watching a few videos. I watched a very small bit of YouTube. I as also on adverts app for a while. I also have brightness set a small bit above halfway. Still perfect to view screen not dark or not too light.

Thanks. Not sure why my battery life isn't similar to yours. I mainly use twitter, chrome and new apps, maybe a few videos.

Thanks. Not sure why my battery life isn't similar to yours. I mainly use twitter, chrome and new apps, maybe a few videos.
    I only got my phone a couple of weeks ago, so maybe the battery is still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thinking of going down the contract free phone route, my contract with VF is up in the next 2 months.

My sister got a OPX, and my boss has a OP2. Both seem quite nice, for the brief times I've played with them.

Currently in between phones - had a HTC One which I sold as it was falling apart, then replaced with a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, which I managed to crack the LCD of in my pocket, so am using a buddy's old Moto G 2014 which I hate (so slow, but at least I can see the whole screen).

What are people's history with dealing with One Plus? They good company to deal with? I assume there's easy root and all that with active ROM devs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Meant to say - I think the styling of phone, if those leaked renders are correct, is quite handsome, OLED is a big plus too. Do we know when it's being announced? Didn't the boss of One Plus say it would be launched by end of Q2?

I wonder will this phone be vr ready as was mentioned in Google io.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I was hoping they wouldn't put an amoled screen onto this, every phone I had with an amoled screen got lots of burn in after a short space of time. My gf's galaxy s6 edge got burned into f*ck, it had a screen replacement under warranty and soon afterwards the new screen burned in to. Turns me off Amoled completely.

I've had a few amoleds and never got it, well just slightly after a long time with phone. And you don't notice it until you specifically go looking for it by using a full screen white image. I had a galaxy s2, note 2, and a galaxy alpha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I've had a few amoleds and never got it, well just slightly after a long time with phone. And you don't notice it until you specifically go looking for it by using a full screen white image. I had a galaxy s2, note 2, and a galaxy alpha.

I thought the newer gen amoled screens were suppose to be have more resistance to burn in. My old S4 burned in really badly at the status bar and flipboard burned in to my screen to since I liked to use it. My oneplus 2 has a lovely burn in free screen which I am happy with.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Out if curiosity, how long did it take from the point you reported the issue to you having the new phone in your hands?

Was about 4 to 6 weeks. First two were them remote connecting to it loading updated software. Then a few for RMA, then send a replacement so I'd say 6 in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I would be interested in this but only if they scrap this totally ridiculous invite system which is a farce

Hopefully it has quick charge as that would be very handy if you are having a busy day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I would be interested in this but only if they scrap this totally ridiculous invite system which is a farce

At this point, with 3 device launches under their belt I'd agree and rather launch be held back for a few weeks for more stock/QA. Knowing OnePlus however the talk they can generate around a new flagship device will make it impossible for them to pass up the invite system again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

sentient_6 wrote: »

Jesus, what a plonker!

LOL @ some of the replies

I swear to f&*king christ if they bring that stupid invite system back again i will not buy the OP3. They are a big enough company now so there should be no need to dispense with that bulls^it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

That reads to me like he's being facetious and the invite system will be gone this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I get that impression too, if not it's an incredibly dumb tweet

• Advertisement
Advertisement