Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Did you bother getting any of the bundles with it?

How's the camera working out?

Yea I got the charger bundle cos I was thinking my battery packs in work were no use for quick charge but I was wrong. As stated in last post I was getting 1300mA over battery pack to it!
    Loving the camera app.. love that lets you to shoot in raw like every good camera app should. focus is rapidly fast and I like how you can tap to Focus but drag your finger for exposure on different parts of the same picture, it's really clever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers! Any downsides so far?

I have one sitting in my shopping cart. Contract with Three ends tomorrow and not really interested in shelling out €880 over the next two years for a G7 Edge. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

just got mine with 2 pin euro charger :(

anyone get info from support on what they can do to resolve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Don't even have mine yet but receipt says EU and ordered during the loop event so git onto webchat and she gave me a support ticket and escalated it to the repair, replacement, return team. In fairness a rep from the rrr team emailed me pretty quickly so just got to wait to see what I get on Monday.

They more people that complain the better!

Don't even have mine yet but receipt says EU and ordered during the loop event so git onto webchat and she gave me a support ticket and escalated it to the repair, replacement, return team. In fairness a rep from the rrr team emailed me pretty quickly so just got to wait to see what I get on Monday.

They more people that complain the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

My order saying EU too , phone due on Monday😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

god's toy wrote: »

Is that a t-shirt??

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Mine just arrived with a 2-pin adapter. I'll open a ticket, see if they'll replace it; if not, meh. I have adapters.

Initial impressions are positive. I'll sign in shortly and start installing apps, but it feels nice in the hand, and it's hella quick.

oscarBravo the dash charger is different, needed for quick charge with OP3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

. This baby is getting hot. Ok so it's restoring some 95 apps while I'm playing and stuff so it's bond to get a tad warm but my g4 never got as hot as this.

Has the overheating persisted now that you've finished the restore GT? My OP2 used to get quite hot and I was hoping they'd fixed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is the Dash charge based on the plug or the cable?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is the Dash charge based on the plug or the cable?
    both

Cheers! Any downsides so far?

I have one sitting in my shopping cart. Contract with Three ends tomorrow and not really interested in shelling out €880 over the next two years for a G7 Edge. Decisions, decisions.

Nope all good so far. Getting better signal than the LG G4 did in my house. Git LTE right away too. All good so far.

Has the overheating persisted now that you've finished the restore GT? My OP2 used to get quite hot and I was hoping they'd fixed that.

It is a little warmer even after the downloads have finished but I would say it's probably due to the aluminum conducting the heat better than it over heating. Or could be as it cold to the touch when you pick it up you notice any heat output.

How's the speaker - any bass at all?

digitaldr wrote: »
    How's the speaker - any bass at all?

Nnnnope. Sounds much like the onplus 2

I've still got a one - guessing it's got the best speakers out if all of them having never heard a 2 or a 3 yet. Roll on Monday - bit frustrating that's it's in Dublin according to DHL tracking. Wonder if there's any chance I could pick it up from the depot tomorrow?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

tw0nk wrote: »
    oscarBravo the dash charger is different, needed for quick charge with OP3

Yeah, I know. :) I meant I have 2- to 3-pin adapters. That wasn't exactly clear, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

My OnePlus 3 arrived today, I also got the 2 pin plug... I have an adapter but ye....Anyways. The phone is fantastic though. I really fancy the screen over the OnePlus 2's, really really pops! Makes my OnePlus 2 screen look very dull. I'm still setting the whole phone up, really nice holding it in the hand, its very premium indeed. I think I'm gonna enjoy this piece of hardware for a long time. The black flip case I got with it is ok quality, not mad about it but I will surely buy an assortment of cases to change every so often anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

My OnePlus 3 arrived today, I also got the 2 pin plug... I have an adapter but ye....Anyways. The phone is fantastic though. I really fancy the screen over the OnePlus 2's, really really pops! Makes my OnePlus 2 screen look very dull. I'm still setting the whole phone up, really nice holding it in the hand, its very premium indeed. I think I'm gonna enjoy this piece of hardware for a long time. The black flip case I got with it is ok quality, not mad about it but I will surely buy an assortment of cases to change every so often anyways.

Can u tell me Whats the vibration motor like on the op3 , it was very weak on the op2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

bert911 wrote: »
    Can u tell me Whats the vibration motor like on the op3 , it was very weak on the op2

Feels pretty similar imo

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Did you select EU or UK when buying?

I bought at 8pm on launch day and selected UK with priority shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Seems like everyone who is getting it fast selected the EU version.

I think people who ordered at 6pm at the loop VR event got 2 pin plugs - they stick out enough from the wall already without adding an adapter to the equation.

Hmm I'm 90% sure I selected UK charger when I ordered but looking at it on the OnePlus site it seems to have EU.

Psychosis wrote: »
    Did you select EU or UK when buying?

I bought at 8pm on launch day and selected UK with priority shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Seems like everyone who is getting it fast selected the EU version.

Nope I also bought mine at 8pm and selected UK. Came at 3pm today had both UK chargers (one in the box and one I ordered extra)
    Only odd thing is one cable was flat and one was newer version round type but both have dash on them.

Is that a t-shirt??

Yep got that last year.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong when I actually get my device but according to someone in OnePlus Live Chat, Ireland are supplied with EU chargers and adapters by default rather than UK style plugs. :confused:

god's toy can you have a look at your OnePlus Orders page and see whether your device is described as EU or UK please?

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong when I actually get my device but according to someone in OnePlus Live Chat, Ireland are supplied with EU chargers and adapters by default rather than UK style plugs. :confused:

god's toy can you have a look at your OnePlus Orders page and see whether your device is described as EU or UK please?

Sure, here us a copy of the entire order.

OnePlus 3 Graphite (UK)
    0101070205 €399.00
    Ordered: 1
    Shipped: 1
    €399.00
    Dash Charge Bundle
    op3dcb-0202003201-0201001801 €33.15
    €33.15
    {{oos}}Dash Charge Type-C Cable (100cm)

1 x Dash Charge Type-C Cable €14.20
    0202003201 Ordered: 1

{{oos}}Dash Charge Power Adaptor

1 x Dash Charge Power Adapter (UK) €18.95
    0201001801 Ordered: 1

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm sure I selected UK, but my order references EU. Fingers crossed I get the correct one.

• Advertisement

After seeing a reviewer saying his lost 13% over night I did my own test.

With all the same type and number of apps as my LG G4, with nothing open in the background and sitting in silent mode it lost 3% in 8hrs. The very same as the G4

So yea doez mode is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone recommend a tempered screen protector for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Holding off on this until more cases come out have used spigen for years I wonder will they do one as they have for the previous ones the otter box just looks too chunky

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

god's toy wrote:
    After seeing a reviewer saying his lost 13% over night I did my own test.

god's toy wrote:
    With all the same type and number of apps as my LG G4, with nothing open in the background and sitting in silent mode it lost 3% in 8hrs. The very same as the G4

god's toy wrote:
    So yea doez mode is working.

Thanks for this, that was the only concern I had about the phone after seeing the same review, hoping mine performs the same when it arrives 😀

DanC90 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, that was the only concern I had about the phone after seeing the same review, hoping mine performs the same when it arrives 😀

Yea, I suspect it comes down to people having apps that are preventing the phone from going in to doez ie, wake-locks, so I made sure to have the same apps on both devices to keep it as scientific as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Pulled the trigger on it yesterday. Didn't bother with any bundles or insurance, kinda regretting it now.

Also don't like the chunkiness of the otter box.

• Advertisement

You have 15 days from date of purchase to get the insurance - good value but doesn't cover theft or loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone upgrade from the OP2?

Thoughts on it? Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone upgrade from the OP2?

Thoughts on it? Worth it?

I had a one plus 2 for a while last year, hated it, it was bigger than the one plus one with little improvement in performance. This looks a different kettle of fish all together. Won't know fully till I get mine on Monday

Just did an audio test using my 32 ohm headphones (Sennheiser 380 pro) that a lot of phones have trouble driving. With my G4 I have to use a separate Mini amplifier to get the volume up. hmm suppose they why the made the v10 version that phone...

The OnePlus 3 fully passed all my expectations in that it was much louder than the G4 to the point I can cut the grass (petrol mower) while playing music and not have them driving above 80% total volume. Nice.

Snapdragon 820 seems to be a bit of a Power House of a DAC as makes most music sound fantastic as well.

In short, I'm very happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Does anyone know how long for delivery now?? And I'm thinking of going for karbon case rather than the Otterbox. What are these like? First time one plus buyer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

What do you guys think of the camera? I'm seeing mixed reviews online, but there seems to have been an update right before launch that not all the reviewers would have had access to. I know the Galaxy S7 is the gold standard now, but would this one be as good as say an iPhone 6s or 6?

I'm currently on a HTC One M8, which I love, other than the rubbish camera and the 16GB storage, which is causing it to sometimes run a little slowly now since it's usually close to full. But to justify the price of an upgrade I'd need it to be a serious camera improvement. I thought about the HTC 10, but 600+ is a lot. 400 is more reasonable but I'd still like to know how the camera's performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

eoz wrote:
    Does anyone know how long for delivery now?? And I'm thinking of going for karbon case rather than the Otterbox. What are these like? First time one plus buyer..

Says on website that they'll ship within 9 working days... I'm going to order the OP3 tomorrow night anyone know when I should receive it approx?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I ordered during the event at about 8:15 on Tuesday but my order has not yet shipped. Has anyone else who order at that time or later received notification that their order has shipped?

I ordered during the event at about 8:15 on Tuesday but my order has not yet shipped. Has anyone else who order at that time or later received notification that their order has shipped?

I ordered at 8pm on Tuesday, got a dispatch text on Thursday then received the phone on Friday.

Had already done an order at 6 ish but PayPal failed so I waited till 8.

Thanks for the reply. Did you order any accessories? I order some accessories and am thinking that that may be the reason behind the delay.

I ordered at 8pm on Tuesday, got a dispatch text on Thursday then received the phone on Friday.

Thanks for the reply. Did you order any accessories? I order some accessories and am thinking that that may be the reason behind the delay.

Yep got an extra dash charger bundle (with cable) I picked the UK version.

That's strange. I'm wondering why my order hasn't even shipped yet given we ordered at around the same time.

That's strange. I'm wondering why my order hasn't even shipped yet given we ordered at around the same time.

I paid extra for priority shipping, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I ordered at 8 ish, posted already, expect it Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

god's toy wrote:
    I paid extra for priority shipping, did you?

How much is priority shipping?

• Advertisement
Advertisement