Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

god's toy wrote: »
    That's strange. I'm wondering why my order hasn't even shipped yet given we ordered at around the same time.

I paid extra for priority shipping, did you?

No I didn't pay for priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

hurler97 wrote: »
    How much is priority shipping?

Think it was 20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Ordered mine last night. One plus website said problem with payment and no confirmation of order. Money gone from my bank account!

eoz wrote: »
    Ordered mine last night. One plus website said problem with payment and no confirmation of order. Money gone from my bank account!

I'd be getting in touch with them to make sure your order went through on there side too.

My first botched order stuck in my account for days after saying 'payment pending' as it can take forever for the info to update.

The second order I had in my hands while it still said the delivery date was over a week away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

I'd be getting in touch with them to make sure your order went through on there side too.

My first botched order stuck in my account for days after saying 'payment pending' as it can take forever for the info to update.

The second order I had in my hands while it still said the delivery date was over a week away.

I was onto live chat last night and your man was not much help. I sent a support ticket too. No trace of my order in my one plus account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gar

I feel a "dear gar, love gar" present coming on.

Any one that has it all ready did it come with a tempered glass screen already on it?
    Was the best investment on my oneplus plus

Thanks

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Ordered mine on the 15th with an expected shipping date of the 19th but now all shipping and expected arrival dates have disappeared. I've ordered some accessories which seem to be out of stock now so hoping they're not delaying it.

Already contemplating a cancellation, not sure if the upgrade from the OPO is worth it. Anyone upgrade from the One and feel like this phone was worthwhile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

gar wrote: »
    I feel a "dear gar, love gar" present coming on.

Any one that has it all ready did it come with a tempered glass screen already on it?
    Was the best investment on my oneplus plus

Thanks

Gar

I don't have mine yet but no, it won't. You'll get the standard one pre-applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Just picked my op3 up from parcel motel this morning & mine includes EU plug :( .... also the screen protector doesn't fully cover both sides of the screen like the op2 , couldn't stick the look of it so removed it !

• Advertisement

Funny how using the Dash charger is really fast but the phone stays cold but using any other usb charger is slower and makes more heat.

I would love total control over the charge rate, like if I was able (via software app) able to set the current load output, so I could say low/ trickle current for desk/all day plugged in but high for going out and need it asap mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

bert911 wrote: »
    Just picked my op3 up from parcel motel this morning & mine includes EU plug :( .... also the screen protector doesn't fully cover both sides of the screen like the op2 , couldn't stick the look of it so removed it !

I took the screen protector off also. It was fitted arseways by some cockeyed fck with one hand on the phone and the other down his pants. Honestly I just took it off soon as I opened the box. I have a flip case which covers the screen when its in my pocket anyways. Besides isn't this gorilla glass 4? You don't really need a protector anyways. The glass feels so smooth also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I took the screen protector off also. It was fitted arseways by some cockeyed fck with one hand on the phone and the other down his pants. Honestly I just took it off soon as I opened the box. I have a flip case which covers the screen when its in my pocket anyways. Besides isn't this gorilla glass 4? You don't really need a protector anyways. The glass feels so smooth also.

Quoted for when you smash your screen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Quoted for when you smash your screen :D

I'm so freakishly careful with phones though, I just know I wouldn't drop it, I would throw myself onto the ground so the phone would land on me haha. Ye I know I'm weird lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Seen loads of covers are showing up on ali ex press now.

Ifor anyone is looking for cheap ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I notice a lot of those who ordered on launch day through the app are getting EU chargers.

Am I to presume that if I order today I'm rolling the dice with regard to which charger I'll get? Or should I be safe enough in receiving a UK one?

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote:
    Am I to presume that if I order today I'm rolling the dice with regard to which charger I'll get? Or should I be safe enough in receiving a UK one?

When u ordering make sure u select Irish store (irish flag) when buying , also it should say (UK ) at checkout

bert911 wrote: »
    When u ordering make sure u select Irish store (irish flag) when buying , also it should say (UK ) at checkout

If I remember correctly when I added the combo pack (phone +charger) it asked if I wanted a EU or UK.

Was I the only one who got a UK charger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Not happy with the battery life so far compared with the smart ultra 6 when I just got it. Battery size is the same

Any thing I can be doing with it?

Woden wrote: »
    Not happy with the battery life so far compared with the smart ultra 6 when I just got it. Battery size is the same

You should use the dark theme and dark or black wallpaper.

I'm impressed with the battery to be honest, considering its beating the pants off the my G4 and it's so darn fast at charging, it's worth a little step back with the battery department.

What screen on time are you getting?

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote:
    Was I the only one who got a UK charger?

It seems people who ordered op3 through Loop VR got EU plug

What screen on time are you getting?

5% I hour of last charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5% I hour of last charge

Click where it says 5%. It'll give you how long the screen has been on.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yeah 1 hour 4 mins it says. 5% screen time 15% from android system

Check your App Permissions and see what app has permission to keep the phone awake.

Bear in mind it takes a week or two before the battery gets bedded in and starts performing properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-3-ram-ceo-explains-699184/

That sounds a bit foolish having 6gb of ram but limiting usage to 3gb because in order to maintain a decent battery life on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Woden wrote:

I'm coming from an SU6 too but still waiting on mine :( just wondering if you notice much of an improvement over the SU6 in terms of:
    1. Screen
    2. Performance
    3. Feel in the hand (size/weight)

I would also agree with the other poster above about battery, my SU6 had crap battery life & SOT when I just got it but after a few weeks it settled and I started getting good battery life so many give it a week to see how it goes and check if your on Oxygen OS 3.1.2 (latest update according to a few articles online/YouTubers) and see if that helps, if it's consistently bad then get on to OP and request a replacement before your 15 day window is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

DJI Phantom Drone and a One Plus 3 delivery in the morning. Dont know what I am excited about more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Could everyone who ordered through the loop and gets a 2 pin charger get onto support ASAP - the more of us that complain the better! Webchat is probably the best way and depending on the time of day the wait can be quite short.

I am expecting the phone tomorrow (in Dublin DHL Depot since Friday) and have already asked for a support ticket to be opened via webchat as my receipt says I'm getting an EU OPO 3. Got an email from a member of the repair, replacement and return team so I'm sure I'll be getting back on to them tomorrow.

5% I hour of last charge

Im confused. 1h 4 minutes brought you to 5%?
    DanC90 wrote: »
    I'm coming from an SU6 too but still waiting on mine :( just wondering if you notice much of an improvement over the SU6 in terms of:
    1. Screen
    2. Performance
    3. Feel in the hand (size/weight)

I would also agree with the other poster above about battery, my SU6 had crap battery life & SOT when I just got it but after a few weeks it settled and I started getting good battery life so many give it a week to see how it goes and check if your on Oxygen OS 3.1.2 (latest update according to a few articles online/YouTubers) and see if that helps, if it's consistently bad then get on to OP and request a replacement before your 15 day window is up.

Ive a OP2 and SU6. there's a world of difference between them, the OP3 would be an even bigger jump/step up.
    dan786 wrote: »
    DJI Phantom Drone and a One Plus 3 delivery in the morning. Dont know what I am excited about more.

The OP3 surely the shi7e weather isn't great for flying :P

• Advertisement

http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-3-ram-ceo-explains-699184/

That sounds a bit foolish having 6gb of ram but limiting usage to 3gb because in order to maintain a decent battery life on the phone.

It reminds me of the time last year they were bragging about the USB-C as being future proof, and trying to get users to believe they'd see the benefits of the USB-C 3.0 when really it was just a USB-C 2.0, so the only benefit was that it wouldn't matter what way you plugged the phone in.

It's not as bad as people think as it's left open to ROM markers to use, meaning it's only a matter of time before someone makes a mirror ROM of what we have now but with all the RAM enabled.

I'm sure if there are a united call from most users on the oneplus forums to at least give us the choice they would give it.

It's not as bad as people think as it's left open to ROM markers to use, meaning it's only a matter of time before someone makes a mirror ROM of what we have now but with all the RAM enabled.

I'm sure if there are a united call from most users on the oneplus forums to at least give us the choice they would give it.

They should have given OP3 users the choice before bragging about 6GBs of RAM. Disappointing from OnePlus :(

Im confused. 1h 4 minutes brought you to 5%?

Ive a OP2 and SU6. there's a world of difference between them, the OP3 would be an even bigger jump/step up.

The OP3 surely the shi7e weather isn't great for flying :P

The 5% is the % used of the battery by the screen in the 1 hour 4 minutes it's been on.

The 5% is the % used of the battery by the screen in the 1 hour 4 minutes it's been on.

That's what I was thinking but it isn't bad battery life as he was saying compared to his Smart Ultra :confused:

At least it seems good to me and I have the Smart Ultra as well.

They should have given OP3 users the choice before bragging about 6GBs of RAM. Disappointing from OnePlus :(

Yep I will agree there. They should have been upfront about it from the start and not made that a selling point if it wasn't really.

Wonder if going into developer options and cranking up the number of programs that can run will increase the amount of RAM used

That's what I was thinking but it isn't bad battery life as he was saying compared to his Smart Ultra :confused:

At least it seems good to me and I have the Smart Ultra as well.

Today on my OPT the Screen has used 9% with a Screen On Time of 4Hours and 42Minutes.

I still have 20% battery.

Today on my OPT the Screen has used 9% with a Screen On Time of 4Hours and 42Minutes.

I still have 20% battery.

I get the same roughly on my OP2

Yep I will agree there. They should have been upfront about it from the start and not made that a selling point if it wasn't really.

Wonder if going into developer options and cranking up the number of programs that can run will increase the amount of RAM used

Ive a love/hate relationship with OnePlus. Starting to like my OP2 now finally. Ill probably love the OP3 whenever they release the "Soft Gold" OP3.

• Advertisement

Sorry was on the phone earlier. So not the most detailed responses. I've since charged it so lost the detail but it was consuming battery fast while on the way to the train station so perhaps need to see what was consuming it.

I've since rebooted it, charged it and installed a battery doctor type app and i'll keep an eye on it. Will be interested to see how much it loses just sitting there overnight. If it doesn't stabilize or feel as good as the SU6 I can reconsider I guess. I am updated to the latest OS.

For the questions on the phone itself over the SU6. Happy with it otherwise. Feels like a higher build quality product with the metal back (which I've since covered with one of their cases) compared to the plastic. Better screen to phone size ratio. Most useful change so far is the fingerprint unlock. Happy with the screen also feels like an upgrade. Also like the fast charge. Can't fault the SU6 though served me well for a year after coming from a nexus 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any consensus on the best cover for the OP3?

I'm still undecided on whether I'll keep it or not so want to keep it fairly pristine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

digitaldr wrote: »
    Could everyone who ordered through the loop and gets a 2 pin charger get onto support ASAP - the more of us that complain the better! Webchat is probably the best way and depending on the time of day the wait can be quite short.

I am expecting the phone tomorrow (in Dublin DHL Depot since Friday) and have already asked for a support ticket to be opened via webchat as my receipt says I'm getting an EU OPO 3. Got an email from a member of the repair, replacement and return team so I'm sure I'll be getting back on to them tomorrow.

I got US pin aswell but the dash charge works perfect with a standard adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thereddaly

considering buying this phone or note 5.. dunno whether to go for OP3 or note. Anyone any recommendations? I currently have an s5 and it's starting to give me a bit of bother.. a friend just recommended the one plus. First time actually hearing about the brand. So any info and recommendations. Sorry not really adding to the conversation!

I don't know anyone who has any of these phones so bit wary to purchase without hearing from someone who has one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone else's DHL tracker not updated from arriving in the Dublin depot on Friday yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Anyone else's DHL tracker not updated from arriving in the Dublin depot on Friday yet?
    Mine was updated at 08:39 this morning saying its with delivery courier now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mine went to Shannon depot and is now out for delivery, but no sign of it yet :)

Yes mine stopped all updates as soon as it came into dublin. I was worried that it wouldn't arrive at all on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

out for delivery, so should be here around lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

5star02707 wrote:
    out for delivery, so should be here around lunch time

marcbrophy wrote:
    Mine went to Shannon depot and is now out for delivery, but no sign of it yet

Mine was updated at 08:39 this morning saying its with delivery courier now.

Did all of ye use priority shipping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

hurler97 wrote: »
    Did all of ye use priority shipping?

nope just standard (free shipping), people on oneplus forums are complaining because they used priority and their orders are still pending.

ordered on the 15th June

• Advertisement
Advertisement