Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Free shipping for me too.

It's 3 days early from the estimated delivery date when I ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

I had to update my delivery address with DHL, now it won't be sent out for delivery until tomorrow. #firstworldproblems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

marcbrophy wrote:

marcbrophy wrote:
    Free shipping for me too.

marcbrophy wrote:

5star02707 wrote:
    nope just standard (free shipping), people on oneplus forums are complaining because they used priority and their orders are still pending.

Great I used free shipping too, ordered OP3 last night and its saying won't be dispatched until the 27th but hopefully it'll be before then. How many days after dispatch did ye receive the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Mine went to Shannon depot and is now out for delivery, but no sign of it yet :)

Damn I thought if yours had reached Shannon mine should have as well but it's still showing in Dublin. Did yours go from Dublin to Shannon or straight into Shannon from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

The status on the oneplus website for mine has been updated to processing. I ordered during the launch. Hope it gets shipped today

Damn I thought if yours had reached Shannon mine should have as well but it's still showing in Dublin. Did yours go from Dublin to Shannon or straight into Shannon from the UK?

Got to Dublin Friday night late, then hit Shannon about 5am this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

My tracking details say its in the East Midlands depot UK, but I got a text from DHL to say its being delivered today.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Not only did the phone arrive on Friday, but the car charger that I ordered separately arrived this morning, yay! Standard delivery on both, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

The status on the oneplus website for mine has been updated to processing. I ordered during the launch. Hope it gets shipped today

Same, mine is still pending shipment. . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mine is signed for in work. So will be getting in when I be heading in later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

This isn't specific to the OP3 but it's a question resulting from wanting to get a OP3....

Seeing as you're not tied to a contract, what do people do? PAYG or Bill Pay? I've looked at the various offers and you get more bang for your buck with PAYG (I think). For example, Meteor's €20 a month deal gets you 15Gb of data + unlimited calls. Their best SIM only bill pay plan is €24 a month (€30 after 6 months) and you only get 4Gb of data, 400 minutes and unlimited texts. It's a similar situation across all the providers. What exactly is the value in a SIM only bill pay plan? Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Got phone, wrong fecking charger. Looks lovely. Charging now.

MarkR wrote: »
    Got phone, wrong fecking charger. Looks lovely. Charging now.

He better be heading to me next!! :D

EDIT: He did come to me next, have it now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

He better be heading to me next!! :D

EDIT: He did come to me next, have it now :pac:

I'll settle for being after you :P

Got to Dublin Friday night late, then hit Shannon about 5am this morning.

Damn, I guess that means mine was left in Dublin this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Just checked the tracking again. Mine was signed for by my landlady at 10:30...happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Mine left East Midlands early Sat morning and not a word since.. Still has expected delivery of tomorrow.

My experience with larger couriers, such as DHL, UPS and FedEx is that they can learn a lot from the likes of DPD. This thing of "will be delivered between 9 & 5" is very poor.. DPD will give you a slot and then you get a text beforehand to say its on its way. Would have a lot of stuff comes to my house for work etc. and its always good when its coming with DPD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

SickBoy wrote: »
    I'll settle for being after you :P

oneplus_wp_vp_post-graphic-zoom2.png

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

This thread is unbearable at minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

What's the consensus on battery life so far? What kind of SOT are people experiencing?
    Any issues with overheating or Oxygen OS bugs?

Tempted to sell my S6 EDGE and get a Op3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

breeno wrote: »
    What's the consensus on battery life so far? What kind of SOT are people experiencing?
    Any issues with overheating or Oxygen OS bugs?

Tempted to sell my S6 EDGE and get a Op3.

On bugs, with my SIM in tray 2 I'm having a glitch where if I lose 4G and do a network search it sometimes never completes.
    Even a restart doesn't sort it. to fix I have to pull the sim out and use the other tray and then it's fine.

I'm hoping it's just a day one bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Bacchus wrote: »
    This isn't specific to the OP3 but it's a question resulting from wanting to get a OP3....

Seeing as you're not tied to a contract, what do people do? PAYG or Bill Pay? I've looked at the various offers and you get more bang for your buck with PAYG (I think). For example, Meteor's €20 a month deal gets you 15Gb of data + unlimited calls. Their best SIM only bill pay plan is €24 a month (€30 after 6 months) and you only get 4Gb of data, 400 minutes and unlimited texts. It's a similar situation across all the providers. What exactly is the value in a SIM only bill pay plan? Am I missing something?
    Have you read this thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057604420

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

So far my 3 has been bug free(I think). Don't notice any over heating. Battery is lasting all day . played a few games on it and no frame drops at all. Hot knife through butter the whole way through. Nothing concerns me about it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

phone just arrived there. enjoy your new toys peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

Received mine this morning. Ordered through the loop, got the eu charger. Contacted live chat and they have submitted a ticket so hopefully will get a free charger. After coming from a samsung s6, happy so far. Screen is bright and clear and havnt noticed any drawbacks from a full HD screen yet. I'm liking the near stock android!!

• Advertisement

FYI, i've gone through support and they'll be sending me out a replacement.

Thank you for confirming the address.
    We've processed your replacement accessory under order #XXXXXXXXXXXXX. The parcel will be shipped out via standard post and will have no tracking number. It may take up to 2-4 weeks for delivery. If you have any concerns, please contact us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got mine there very impressed with it so far compare to my s6 edge plus.

Very fast. Finger print scanner is better andeal being honest I can't tell the difference in screen size and res.

Got a eu plug so need to get a plug when I get back from work later hope delaz is opening for a apptater

FYI, i've gone through support and they'll be sending me out a replacement.

Thank you for confirming the address.
    We've processed your replacement accessory under order #XXXXXXXXXXXXX. The parcel will be shipped out via standard post and will have no tracking number. It may take up to 2-4 weeks for delivery. If you have any concerns, please contact us.

So you'll have 2 chargers. One is a free dash charger that costs 33.15E :eek:
    People who got the EU chargers should be happy they got the wrong charger so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Well its not much good though is it?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Well its not much good though is it?

Who?
    What?
    "Not much good"? Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Well I'd rather have the 2 pin, and not use an adapter. Also we don't know how an adapter will impact the dash charge capability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

So you'll have 2 chargers. One is a free dash charger that costs 33.15E :eek:
    People who got the EU chargers should be happy they got the wrong charger so!

So maybe we should call them and say we got an EU charger anyway..:cool:

I ordered the 2nd charging kit anyway so if they send out one EU and another UK then won't be too impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Well I'd rather have the 2 pin, and not use an adapter. Also we don't know how an adapter will impact the dash charge capability.

The adaptor (as in 2 pin to 3 pin)can't impact the dash charge. Its standard electricity. Its what comes out of the charger and what's in the cable that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Besides, if people actually bothered reading the thread rather than posting ****e like updates about the status of their order, more people might realise that a poster has already stated that no dash charge issues with using an adapter.

A minor inconvenience for a few weeks in return for a free charger? I'd take that.

I raised a ticket just now about the wrong charger, the two pin is alright when you have an adapter with it I guess but if I can get the proper 3 pin one for free then great. I already have a 3 pin from my OnePlus 2 but I'll be selling that with the phone soon.

I am already seeing the positive side. This charger will live under my desk at work, with a adapter of some sort.

By the way, do these types of adapters have a special name?

61HoRgi7FHL._SX522_.jpg

I seem to recall getting these with routers before. Not sure do I have any to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    I was speaking to their support yesterday , although my order also said EU , she guaranteed me that it will come with a 3 pin charger. See also said I can save the chat if I want as she was 100% certain it will be 3 pin UK charger.

Follow up on this,

I infact received a 2 pin charger as well and Not 3. Got onto their support with the chat script from last time. Took 20 mins to get it resolved and now have a replacement charger on the way.

In addition as I was lied to originally. They are sending out 5 x cases, one of each type along with set of earphones and a Dash car charger. :D

Follow up on this,

I infact received a 2 pin charger as well and Not 3. Got onto their support with the chat script from last time. Took 20 mins to get it resolved and now have a replacement charger on the way.

In addition as I was lied to originally. They are sending out 5 x cases, one of each type along with set of earphones and a Dash car charger. :D

Jaysus, you did well. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Follow up on this,

I wouldn't say you were lied to, more the Live Chat made an error.

But Jesus you did well :) those cases look lovely.

do these types of adapters have a special name?

They have a few names

2 pin to 3 pin adaptor
    EU to UK adaptor
    Visitor to UK adaptor
    Travel adaptor UK

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that dealz used to do 2 of these for 1.50 but I can't them on their website right now!

• Advertisement

Did you threaten to call up Joe Duffy or something to get that haul Dan? :eek:

Jesus I'd have settled for just the car charger let alone €150+ of goodies.

Wow I should have played the Irish culture game and claimed pain and suffering when I raised the ticket earlier. Oh my bleedin fingers connecting adapters, a few cases and a new charger should do the trick.

Wow I should have played the Irish culture game and claimed pain and suffering when I raised the ticket earlier. Oh my bleedin fingers connecting adapters, a few cases and a new charger should do the trick.

Well firstly I am not Irish. Secondly I didn't ask for any of the stuff apart from the correct charger as I resell my phone after a months use and its better to have the correct one when selling on as its easier.

Third and most important part I was told that I would get a 3 pin therefore thats what I was expecting to get.

Did you threaten to call up Joe Duffy or something to get that haul Dan? :eek:

Jesus I'd have settled for just the car charger let alone €150+ of goodies.

Nope, they were offered to me as a gesture of goodwill. I have bought 15 phones of them till date for myself, friends and family. I ordered another 2 One Plus 3's few mins back. So it was more so due to my loyalty and continued business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

Nope, they were offered to me as a gesture of goodwill. I have bought 15 phones of them till date for myself, friends and family.

15 phones in 9 months! (Since you got rid of your galaxy). :rolleyes:

No company will willingly give out over €130 of accessories on a device that costs €400. I smell a rat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I know a few people are saying that the adapter to 2-pin solution doesn't take away from the dash charge, but has anyone used a regular USB plug with their USB type C cable?

I'm just wondering whether it'll be worth my while to buy an extra "Dash Charge" adapter when i'll get a dash charge with one of th emany plugs I already own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

Apologies for the silly question but with the dash charge they mention 60% charge in 30 mins. Is this just 0 to 60% or would it also do 40 to 100 in 30 mins?

Normally find myself down to 40 or 50 percent leaving work so a quick half hour charge before I leave to top it back to 100 would be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

How's the AMELOD display looking? One or two reviews are slamming it in a big way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

breeno wrote: »
    Apologies for the silly question but with the dash charge they mention 60% charge in 30 mins. Is this just 0 to 60% or would it also do 40 to 100 in 30 mins?

Normally find myself down to 40 or 50 percent leaving work so a quick half hour charge before I leave to top it back to 100 would be awesome.

0-60%

phones usually charges slower when it's about 1/3 battery left to be charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

polaris68 wrote: »
    How's the AMELOD display looking? One or two reviews are slamming it in a big way.

Links?

Advertisement