Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You'll get €170 in CEX for your OPO. So in fact it's €230 for a OP3.

Does that make the choice easier :)

Got 244 for my OPO just after the OP2 came out :cool:
    Why do you say this dead?

Oops :o. Got it the wrong way around. I was recalling reading it from a Google Engineers post. In short he says dont use the OnePlus USB-C 2.0 for a gadget that uses USB-C 3.0 (e.g. Nexus 6P), or you may damage it.

Not sure about using a USB-C 3.0 cable for a phone with USB-C 2.0. I guess we'll find out :D

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/16/9742360/oneplus-usb-type-c-cable-adapter
    Leung says users shouldn't buy the company's Type-C to Type-A cable as it might damage other manufacturers' gadgets

By using this cable, your phone, tablet, or laptop computer may attempt to draw 3A [of power], writes Leung. "Which may be more than the micro-b to A cable you attach to this adapter may be able to handle. This may cause damage to whatever cable, hub, PC, or charger you plug into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Oops :o. Got it the wrong way around. I was recalling reading it from a Google Engineers post. In short he says dont use the OnePlus USB-C 2.0 for a gadget that uses USB-C 3.0 (e.g. Nexus 6P), or you may damage it.

Not sure about using a USB-C 3.0 cable for a phone with USB-C 2.0. I guess we'll find out :D

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/16/9742360/oneplus-usb-type-c-cable-adapter

Yeah I remember reading that, actually made me dump my OP2 cable and buy an Anker one to replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

I contacted the One Plus online help . They say there are no customs duty on phones shipped from China. I am interested on the one plus 3. Can someone point me in the right direction to order it without paying extra duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

vulmac wrote: »
    I contacted the One Plus online help . They say there are no customs duty on phones shipped from China. I am interested on the one plus 3. Can someone point me in the right direction to order it without paying extra duty.
    Just order it off their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just order it off their website.

Ships from the UK so definitely no tax/duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

For those wondering about the camera on the op3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My order status has changed from "Pending Shipment" to "Processing". And timeline has changed from Dispatch date and delivery date to just "Pending" with exclamation mark. The dispatch date was today. So backlog of orders, I assume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Really enjoying the phone, no issues whatsoever (except the charger issue but they're sending the correct one)
    Dash charge is so handy - no more charging overnight. I think the cameras great too - although I wouldn't be too into photography in anyway.
    Everything feels so fast, not just RAM wise but also connections are faster wifi/mobile data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just wish there was a way to change the DPI without rooting.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I rooted mine yesterday, was quite easy.

Here is a nice guide on how to do it. Will wipe any data off the phone, so bear that in mind.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.448149/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

MarkR wrote: »
    I rooted mine yesterday, was quite easy.

And does dash charge still work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

Any who ordered since last weekend get a shipment notification yet?

polaris68 wrote: »
    Any who ordered since last weekend get a shipment notification yet?

Maybe look back on the previous 15 pages on this thread? 90% of it is about shipping :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Rooted mine the day I got it :D

I can't have a phone without adaway installed.
    Plus, I'll want to move onto CM13 when one of the good devs over at XDA get a build up and running :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

SickBoy wrote: »
    I just wish there was a way to change the DPI without rooting.

I installed Nova Launcher yesterday and it has resized the icons which is much more pleasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Had never been a big user of NFC and wasn't too annoyed it was missing from the OP2 but now it's back on the 3 it's super handy for just topping up the aul leap card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ordered mine last night.

Is the Dash Charge pack just another charger for €30 extra?

In case anyone missed it: OnePlus 3 OTA update will bring sRGB mode and better RAM management goo.gl/iZXQNq

Oh yes!

..but we may have to wait a little longer

davo2001 wrote: »
    And does dash charge still work?

Yes, I've only unlocked the bootloader and rooted, no custom rom yet.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Ordered mine last night.

Is the Dash Charge pack just another charger for €30 extra?

Yes. Carl stated why in the subreddit Q&A, something to do with a chip in the charger to charge it fast and keep the phone cool (unlike other fast charging phones/chargers) or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yes. Carl stated why in the subreddit Q&A, something to do with a chip in the charger to charge it fast and keep the phone cool (unlike other fast charging phones/chargers) or something like that.

Is therenot a dash charger included with just the phone?

There is, but if you want to purchase an extra one then it's €30.

Of course there's one with the phone. Thats why he said "another".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got my UK plug today. Not bad with a big of telling them I was disappointed I got it in less then 48 hours.

So far enjoying the phone quite a lot and how nice it is to use.

Also the all that loves to block things is Facebook messager ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'm looking forward to this memory management update, I can see myself apps being kicked out of ram, my OnePlus 2 is a ram champ compared to this. First piece of disappointment I have with this phone but when it's fixed I'll be way happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I'm looking forward to this memory management update, I can see myself apps being kicked out of ram, my OnePlus 2 is a ram champ compared to this. First piece of disappointment I have with this phone but when it's fixed I'll be way happier.

What are the symptoms of an app being kicked out of RAM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

SickBoy wrote: »
    What are the symptoms of an app being kicked out of RAM?

It reloads apps, my skyscanner app reloaded earlier while I was switching between 5 or 6 small apps.

It reloads apps, my skyscanner app reloaded earlier while I was switching between 5 or 6 small apps.

Some apps reload automatically though

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Ordered phone Sunday, still not shipped 😧

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

hurler97 wrote: »
    Ordered phone Sunday, still not shipped 😧

It won't be for a while either. What does the website say? i ordered mine on Sunday and its due to be shipped on June 28th. Although hearing about the delays, I doubt i'll be getting mine in time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I ordered on 14th at launch and its still pending. Thousands are saying the same on there site, bit of a shambles tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Yep says 27th for me too, I reckon its due to the tempered glass and black otterbox going out of stock :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Total shambles. Ordered last Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

I ordered on Saturday (June 18th) and my email confirmation, which I got a few minutes later, indicates a shipping date of June 27th with delivery by July 3rd. So what exactly is the shambles here? Have shipping dates been missed for other people?

That being said, I did want a new phone in my hand by tomorrow and was torn between the OP3 and the Nexus 6P. Posts on here of people, who ordered on the launch date, getting their phones last Friday and Saturday did nudge me to the OP3 but I knew it was going to be a risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Jesus i was one of the lucky ones i ordered via the loop app. But got the EU charger. Got the phone monday and already got the UK charger ha ha back from them.

Like but its one plus from my dealing with there CC there shocking so mess up on orders does not shock me

I know that you are supposed to only use the included dash charger / cable combo. I only have one of each right now. I'll have another charger shortly, but only the one cable. I had some cheap usb-c adapters from aliexpress ordered to use with various Anker cables I already have. Is there any hard and fast do's and don'ts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

My screen just went dark and kind of polarised,havent changed anything ..any ides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

My screen just went dark and kind of polarised,havent changed anything ..any ides

Settings / invert Colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Settings / invert Colours.

Strange when I never changed the settings,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

Ordering from UK site to Parcel Motel might now save a few quid with the Sterling collapse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I know that you are supposed to only use the included dash charger / cable combo. I only have one of each right now. I'll have another charger shortly, but only the one cable. I had some cheap usb-c adapters from aliexpress ordered to use with various Anker cables I already have. Is there any hard and fast do's and don'ts?

I suppose you could either shell out for another OnePlus DC cable or stick with the Anker ones and take the hit in potential charge time?

Not massively concerned about charge time, just want to make sure it's all safe!

Red Otterbox case has just arrived. I can remove the pillows I had strapped to the phone. Really like the look of it.

Red Otterbox case has just arrived. I can remove the pillows I had strapped to the phone. Really like the look of it.

Went with the black one myself. They don't add much bulk really, and easy to remove. Kinda makes it just right for me as I think most phones feel way too thin now anyway, wish they would give us a fatter but bigger batter alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭NU8

Anyone having any issues with NFC on their OP3? I have tried it with the Leap Card app (2 different cards) and Android Beam and it isn't working. It's definitely switched on.

NU8 wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues with NFC on their OP3? I have tried it with the Leap Card app (2 different cards) and Android Beam and it isn't working. It's definitely switched on.

Works fine for me with leap card and transferring settings from my opo. It is more finicky than my OPO though - got to use hold the top of the phone against your leap card etc

digitaldr wrote: »
    Works fine for me with leap card and transferring settings from my opo. It is more finicky than my OPO though - got to use hold the top of the phone against your leap card etc

That worked. Now I feel very stupid. It came with a sticker on the back saying the NFC aerial was beneath it and I thought it was at the bottom. Clearly it wasn't. Thanks!

NU8 wrote: »
    That worked. Now I feel very stupid. It came with a sticker on the back saying the NFC aerial was beneath it and I thought it was at the bottom. Clearly it wasn't. Thanks!

Where is it again? Under the camera, wasn't it?

Where is it again? Under the camera, wasn't it?

I held the card with the top level with the top of the phone and it worked.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

So I dusted off the 3D printer and printed a car holder. It took a bit of trial and error, but I have it fitting nicely - not quite snug, but not rattling around either.

And, of course, while it was printing, the sandstone case arrived - so I'll have to print another one :D

• Advertisement

After lots of webchat sessions my 3 pin dash charger is on the way. They sent an EU one with the phone - ordered during the loop event. I am assuming it doesn't come with a cable so might order one here (they're a reliable seller) rather than pay oneplus's exorbitant shipping.

Advertisement