Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

biebiebie wrote: »
    So if we buy one on Tuesday evening, what's the expected delivery timeframe would you think?

I'm guessing not on its was before the end of June seeing as the 'testers' haven't received any yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

god's toy wrote: »
    I'm guessing not on its was before the end of June seeing as the 'testers' haven't received any yet.

They'll receive it after the launch Im guessing. Otherwise all the specs will leak before they get to do their "Loop" VR launch.

I know MKBHD has received it and shot a review, but he's an exception. He did a camera review last year before the OP2 was launched.

For those who want to buy the OP3 on launch day read this post, so you don't have any issues ordering

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/what-you-need-to-know-about-purchasing-the-oneplus-3-on-launch-day.449250/

Only thing about that post is didn't they say something about a 2hr window for those with vr gear? Those times don't mention it.

god's toy wrote: »
    Only thing about that post is didn't they say something about a 2hr window for those with vr gear? Those times don't mention it.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was wondering how they'd do it since they have to present the phone first but they said they'd have 2 hour window from 5.30 but the open sales start at 8.00 :confused:

You dont have to have the VR gear twitch it or order it.

I suppose it doesn't really matter and we can order it whenever its available.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was wondering how they'd do it since they have to present the phone first but they said they'd have 2 hour window from 5.30 but the open sales start at 8.00 :confused:

You dont have to have the VR gear twitch it or order it.

I suppose it doesn't really matter and we can order it whenever its available.

In the end as long as I can order one its all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'm going to hold fast for a few months and let the rest of you guys be the guinea pigs, still fairly happy with my OPO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

davo2001 wrote: »
    I'm going to hold fast for a few months and let the rest of you guys be the guinea pigs, still fairly happy with my OPO!

I'm very interested in the OP3 but my Two is still perfect so I think I'll hang on until around Christmas and the first price drop.

(Buys on launch for no other reason than I'm weak :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice point in the link mau5, I had just presumed that Ireland was a launch country for the OP3, but the link confirms that it is.

Also, here's a little bit of a tip for those who want to catch the launch, but don't have a Loop VR headset.
    Firstly (and probably an obvious one), if you have a cardboard VR or any other VR headset for your phone, just download the OP3 Launch app from the play store. They will all work with them.
    Secondly (not as obvious), you don't need a VR headset at all to use the app. I remember it from last years launch, you could use VR or non VR mode. In the play store, the app states "Please note: No peripherals are required to access the Loop, but the use of a VR headset is recommended for an optimal 360º experience.".

So, it's open to all :)

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm very interested in the OP3 but my Two is still perfect so I think I'll hang on until around Christmas and the first price drop.

(Buys on launch for no other reason than I'm weak :D)

I was thinking the same. The Marshmallow update seems to have breathe new life into my OP2.
    Edit: if its 300ish like the previous leak suggested, it'd be hard to resist!
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nice point in the link mau5, I had just presumed that Ireland was a launch country for the OP3, but the link confirms that it is.

Also, here's a little bit of a tip for those who want to catch the launch, but don't have a Loop VR headset.
    Firstly (and probably an obvious one), if you have a cardboard VR or any other VR headset for your phone, just download the OP3 Launch app from the play store. They will all work with them.
    Secondly (not as obvious), you don't need a VR headset at all to use the app. I remember it from last years launch, you could use VR or non VR mode. In the play store, the app states "Please note: No peripherals are required to access the Loop, but the use of a VR headset is recommended for an optimal 360º experience.".

So, it's open to all :)

Someones still going to ask about the VR app and if they need a the headset :pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Has there been any indication of euro pricing yet? Presume we can't just convert dollar pricing etc as we normally pay a hit more here?

Someones still going to ask about the VR app and if they need a the headset :pac: :P

Yeah, I just realised that the app isn't compatible with very many of the devices on my list. Like, it's compatible with my Nexus 7, but not my Nexus 5 :o It may be an OS thing too, not 100% certain.

If anyone is comfortable sideloading apps, and their device is not compatible with the Play Store version, it is available on apkmirror website to sideload :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Any rumours of it being dual sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I think its dual sim ya, here's a link to a Google+ post and it shows two empty sim card slots in the status bar.

https://plus.google.com/104049510241025976568/posts/2SCc4gsPHMz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

Anyone any idea how this loop app will work?

Like how do you log in or enter your payment details etc?

Do we need the cardboard app or is the loop app standalone?

Sold my OnePlus 2 yesterday so ready to go here!!!

Cheers,
    Big Al.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

27,999 INR price in India...roughly 370 euros......high i would say !!

The OnePlus 2 possibly costs around €300 converted?!

:eek:

I fking hope so!

gsmarena_002.jpg

tharmor wrote: »

Where are you getting that price from?

OnePLus 3 Ad from India (Apparently)

16mp front camera and 8mp rear camera :confused: Probably an error

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F115514%2FSlack_for_iOS_Upload.jpg

Probably an error

Probably not!
    Aren't most cnuts just interested in taking pictures of themselves these days? :D

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Hey,

Anyone any idea how this loop app will work?

Like how do you log in or enter your payment details etc?

Do we need the cardboard app or is the loop app standalone?

Sold my OnePlus 2 yesterday so ready to go here!!!

Cheers,
    Big Al.

Just the Loop app should sort you out Al :)

• Advertisement

tharmor wrote: »

Could be more as we live in euro shaft zone where everything is more. Every handset in the last few years were more over here for no reason.
    I'm still saying 420 but would be happy to be wrong if it's less.

^^^
    If it was €450 for the 6Gb/128Gb version, I'd be very tempted to buy it.
    I may not eat like a king for the rest of the month, but I'd have a decent phone :D

Probably not!
    Aren't most cnuts just interested in taking pictures of themselves these days? :D

Ahhhhh, I forgot about them since I cut them out of my life :D:pac:
    ^^^
    If it was €450 for the 6Gb/128Gb version, I'd be very tempted to buy it.
    I may not eat like a king for the rest of the month, but I'd have a decent phone :D

Marc, have a seat, there's something I need to tell you........

I don't think there's a 128GB version.

I don't think there's a 128GB version.

Well, that'll make the decision on whether or not to buy one a bit easier ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

My oneplus 2 still feels brand new. I'll probably stick with it till the inevitable price drop comes. These new model launches seen to be coming around very quick these days or maybe it feels that way as i get older. Anyway using the 64 gig model and never even inserted an SD card into it. So can safely assume that 64 is big enough even if they don't have an SD card build into the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

emo72 wrote: »
    My oneplus 2 still feels brand new.

I'm feeling the same way but even about my OnePlus One!

Not noticing any sluggishness at all, battery is still lasting well over the day and never came close to filling my 64gb, so I wouldn't be gaining anything there.

6gb of RAM should be absolutely pointless in a phone, so don't see the value there. Doesn't sound like there will be any real upgrade to the 1080p screen on the OPO either. Having the snapdragon 820 would be nice but then again the 801 doesn't seem to be causing me any issues.

I have the itch for a new phone as I have the OPO since 2014, but I'm struggling to justify it to myself. The dual-sim support is about the only thing I can see that I would be really gaining over the OPO. But I want a new shiny toy :D

Anyone else feel the same?

emo72 wrote: »
    My oneplus 2 still feels brand new. I'll probably stick with it till the inevitable price drop comes. These new model launches seen to be coming around very quick these days or maybe it feels that way as i get older. Anyway using the 64 gig model and never even inserted an SD card into it. So can safely assume that 64 is big enough even if they don't have an SD card build into the 3.

The OP2 was only announced on July 27th last year.
    I'm feeling the same way but even about my OnePlus One!

Not noticing any sluggishness at all, battery is still lasting well over the day and never came close to filling my 64gb, so I wouldn't be gaining anything there.

6gb of RAM should be absolutely pointless in a phone, so don't see the value there. Doesn't sound like there will be any real upgrade to the 1080p screen on the OPO either. Having the snapdragon 820 would be nice but then again the 801 doesn't seem to be causing me any issues.

I have the itch for a new phone as I have the OPO since 2014, but I'm struggling to justify it to myself. The dual-sim support is about the only thing I can see that I would be really gaining over the OPO. But I want a new shiny toy :D

Anyone else feel the same?

I only justified upgrading to the OP2 from the OPO because I could get 244E for it in CEX. Regretted it soon after, as the OP2 didn't feel like much of an upgrade. Im starting to like my OP2 now.

Yeah if there is an option for 6GB and it cost a lot more, I'm thinking it mightn't be worth it. Surely 4GB is plenty on a phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

**** sake anyone else on the loop app and then once it starts have a 660 MB download

• Advertisement

Yip, updating now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

**** sake anyone else on the loop app and then once it starts have a 660 MB download

Yeah same here. Bit stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

anything above 350 i will give a pass.....over 400 no way !!

Raging! Counter got to zero then have to down load 600MB, gonna take me another 15mins to do that ;o(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If there's any direct links for info or buying please post them.

I cannot load the Loop app on KitKat not even side load it, and I have the VR headset is too:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Done the Vr app entered my email to buy as said I could ?

Now what ? Ha ha

399 USD

That gold version looks good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm on mobile data in the country side going to take me forever. Tbh that should have been pre downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Here it is booting up!
    Looks awesome!
    https://youtu.be/wAflgjHYBME

• Advertisement

WTF, this loop app is a load of bollox

I clicked the store, to try look properly at the OP3 but it says "You are about to purchase the OP3, Continue? Y/N

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Collected all my badges - buying opo 3 now! Only seems to be one option Graphite EU or am I missing something???

I got a token sent to me.
    It auto adds a 64gb Graphite version to your cart at €399

Fcuk, I think I'll just get it :)

digitaldr wrote: »
    Collected all my badges - buying opo 3 now! Only seems to be one option Graphite EU or am I missing something???

Nope, I got the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got mine there 400 euros not bad.

If I don't like girlfirend is getting it ha ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Where does it state what if any version it is?
    All I see is a graphite one +3 for 399.
    Is there only one spec right now?

• Advertisement

Did you go with free shipping or the express one? :)

When it asks

Purchase the OnePlus 3, what happens?

When it asks

Nothing for me ;o(

edit: Ah you have to wait for yer man to stop waffling then press 'yes'

When it asks

You leave VR and are asked to enter an email address to complete the order :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When it asks

Emails you a link to your cart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement