Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Anyone who pay with paypal have "You have orders which have not yet been paid." when you check your orders?

I had that but it updated to the payment being completed after about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Just ordered phone, case and extra power. Got PayPal confirmation through from "DA SHENG INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO".. Jayzus wait till work sees that on my credit card statement!

First sway away from Samsung since my S3.. this will do me till the Note 6 comes out.. or Note 7 as some are saying it will be named :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Does anyone know if they are going to launch multiple versions of the phone or is the 6gb ram, 64 gb drive the only option?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Does anyone know if they are going to launch multiple versions of the phone or is the 6gb ram, 64 gb drive the only option?

4gb end June...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

i was slamming f5 last year trying to buy the 2. will hang fire a couple of months. the 3 does look good, and fair play to them giving free delivery and a factory installed screen protector, so you dont have to worry about scratching it while waiting for a tempered glass one. the 2 still looks good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Argh so tempted to go for this despite my previous post wondering if I even need to replace my OPO.....

Anyone manually cut down a micro sim to a nano?

My 3 sim card has already been cut down to a micro from a full size, so a bit wary

Anyone know if you can transfer number/activate a replacement nano sim from the uk with 3? Not currently in Ireland so don't want to be stuck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Argh so tempted to go for this despite my previous post wondering if I even need to replace my OPO.....

Anyone manually cut down a micro sim to a nano?

My 3 sim card has already been cut down to a micro from a full size, so a bit wary

Anyone know if you can transfer number/activate a replacement nano sim from the uk with 3? Not currently in Ireland so don't want to be stuck...

yeah, i just hacked it down to size with a scissors until i squezzed it into the holder. fierce easy thing to do mate. have no fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm likely to upgrade my One to this and could get mate to bring me one home from Hong Kong. Would they be the same versions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

It's cheaper then I was expecting, I thought 450 odd. Now I am going to have to make a decision. I have some rainy day money put away so maybe this can inject some sunshine into my life. If I sell my onePlus 2 for 200 then this Oneplus 3 is actually only costing me 199.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

What colours are available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Ooooh, so tempted! Have an iPhone 6S 64GB that i wouldn't mind flogging to get this.

What colours are available?

Graphite is only showing up for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

You know the way The Verge have a go at every phone thats not an isheeps device? Well not today, they love the OnePlus 3!

Ok I've had a think about it, I knew I would when I seen the price, I'm gonna go for it now and see if I can get one purchased tonight or tomorrow if possible. My Oneplus 2 is going on Adverts.

EDIT: DONE! I guess I'm in the OnePlus 3 club now. Ordered a flip case to go with it. This has been a surprise purchase for me, really for the life of me did not expect to be buying this right now. Knowing I can sell my Oneplus 2 for the 200 odd mark motivated me to do it so I wont feel the financial pinch much at all. Heres to good things ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Sorry my last post came off cheeky and to answer your question yes the OP3 does support Vodafone 4G.

No probs, thing is I got the ablove from a vodafone forum member, how accurate their post is I don't know. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Wanna get this but my opo is still good, what are the camera reviews like on the op3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Was expecting to see a Micro SD, I dont see the point of not having it. Yeah with the One Plus One they had a 16GB and 64GB model so gave Customers options and made One Plus money.

But with the OP2 and OP3 its 64GB only so dont see the advantage for One Plus behind it.

Considering the fact it would have added under 5e to the manufacturing cost, its really a disspointing one.

Seeing as many are going for it, if anyone is selling there OP2 near 200 give me a message. Dont get paid till end of month to go for the OP3 and phone cracked earlier today so have to get something to do me till them. Seems people are looking for 300 on Adverts etc which is ridiculous considering they are almost same nww.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

dan786 wrote: »
    Was expecting to see a Micro SD, I dont see the point of not having it. Yeah with the One Plus One they had a 16GB and 64GB model so gave Customers options and made One Plus money.

But with the OP2 and OP3 its 64GB only so dont see the advantage for One Plus behind it.

Considering the fact it would have added under 5e to the manufacturing cost, its really a disspointing one.

Seeing as many are going for it, if anyone is selling there OP2 near 200 give me a message. Dont get paid till end of month to go for the OP3 and phone cracked earlier today so have to get something to do me till them. Seems people are looking for 300 on Adverts etc which is ridiculous considering they are almost same nww.

Where are you located? I could sell mine for 220ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Website saying ships within 5 business days. Has it been that way all day or am I just late to the party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So as someone who hasn't spent over €100 on a phone before and is using a Lumia 520 at the moment, do you think this would be the phone to splash out on? Power button's beginning to go on the 520. :)

What's the warranty like?

• Advertisement

I assume this supports 5ghz Wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

I assume this supports 5ghz Wifi?

yes

davo2001 wrote: »
    yes

Cheers.

I'm trying to buy from the Hong Kong store with Revolut to save me a few euro. Proving tricky but I'll get there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers.

I'm trying to buy from the Hong Kong store with Revolut to save me a few euro. Proving tricky but I'll get there!

How are you going to get it shipped to Ireland from there?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How are you going to get it shipped to Ireland from there?

Friend who lives in Hong Kong is moving home in early July :)

Anyone else using Revolut to make the purchase from a foreign OnePLus store? Can't get it to work so far.

EDIT: Forgot about using a VPN when accessing the site. Hopefully will work now!

Friend who lives in Hong Kong is moving home in early July :)

Anyone else using Revolut to make the purchase from a foreign OnePLus store? Can't get it to work so far.

Just get him to sign up to Revolut and transfer him the money that way and get him to order for you from there.

Should I just get the bundle pack if I'm getting fast charger and cover?

Just get him to sign up to Revolut and transfer him the money that way and get him to order for you from there.

He's already on Revolut but don't want to be nagging him all that much with stuff. He's already sorting me out enough as it is and there's a customs risk when he comes home I guess.

Tried with VPN and still wouldn't process so I'm wondering if there's a Revolut issue with the OnePlus site. The phone and a flip case works out at €375 euro. Well worth the effort in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

decided to pull the trigger and ordered it, should be here in a week! oh and it's for my dad hahah!

• Advertisement

He's already on Revolut but don't want to be nagging him all that much with stuff. He's already sorting me out enough as it is and there's a customs risk when he comes home I guess.

Tried with VPN and still wouldn't process so I'm wondering if there's a Revolut issue with the OnePlus site. The phone and a flip case works out at €375 euro. Well worth the effort in fairness.

You might just need a card from that region to match your friends Address.

You could try change your address in the Revolut app to the shipping Address.

You might just need a card from that region to match your friends Address.

You could try change your address in the Revolut app to the shipping Address.

Yeah, I thought about that, but assumed it would be same process like with foreign Xbox stores - you go to the foreign website through VPN and make up a fake billing address as long as it was in your name. This one is proving a bit trickier.

Tried transferring him the money and letting him buy with his Revolut locally in Hong Kong and still didn't work so I'm assuming it's a OnePlus/Revolut issue.

Can still get him to buy it locally and will work out cheaper but I want to save my additional 15 euro!

Tried transferring him the money and letting him buy with his Revolut locally in Hong Kong and still didn't work so I'm assuming it's a OnePlus/Revolut issue.

Can still get him to buy it locally and will work out cheaper but I want to save my additional 15 euro!

You could go sing a song out on the street and busk for that €10 :D

You could go sing a song out on the street and busk for that €10 :D

It works out as phone and flip case for €390 euro instead of €420 by buying from local store. Can't be too disappointed I guess!

It works out as phone and flip case for €390 euro instead of €420 by buying from local store. Can't be too disappointed I guess!

No but don't forget that you need to use the included charger to avail of the Dash Charge so how is that going to work if you use an adapter for Irish Plugs?

• Advertisement

No but don't forget that you need to use the included charger to avail of the Dash Charge so how is that going to work if you use an adapter for Irish Plugs?

The Hong Kong plug is the same as the UK/Irish one.

The Hong Kong plug is the same as the UK/Irish one.

Three prong? I never knew that !!

Three prong? I never knew that !!

Same. Problem is I live in Spain! Will use an adaptor initially and then just buy local one here and keep the three prong one at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Ok I've had a think about it, I knew I would when I seen the price, I'm gonna go for it now and see if I can get one purchased tonight or tomorrow if possible. My Oneplus 2 is going on Adverts.

EDIT: DONE! I guess I'm in the OnePlus 3 club now. Ordered a flip case to go with it. This has been a surprise purchase for me, really for the life of me did not expect to be buying this right now. Knowing I can sell my Oneplus 2 for the 200 odd mark motivated me to do it so I wont feel the financial pinch much at all. Heres to good things ahead.

Did you pay €400 + €20 for the OP2 and delivery when it came out?

I was thinking the same as you, but figure it'll drop price after a while like the OP2 did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

All tech drops in price after a while :)

I might be wrong, but didn't it take 8 months for the OP2 to get a price cut?

• Advertisement

Did you pay €400 + €20 for the OP2 and delivery when it came out?

I was thinking the same as you, but figure it'll drop price after a while like the OP2 did.
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    All tech drops in price after a while :)

I might be wrong, but didn't it take 8 months for the OP2 to get a price cut?

:rolleyes: I dont think it was that long and it dropped price twice thats why I said I'll wait. Also, some people got €50 vouchers from OnePlus at some stage too.

There's more details on the OP3 in the Q&A on Reddit with the OnePlus team

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4o308u/oneplus_ama_oneplus_3dition/

It's clear when some Android sites have a bias against oneplus.
    Android Authority have a tweet saying how the new screen on the oneplus 3 is only a super AMOLED from Samsung ... wait what? Only? that is a reason to celebrate not criticise it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

:rolleyes: I dont think it was that long and it dropped price twice thats why I said I'll wait. Also, some people got €50 vouchers from OnePlus at some stage too.

Ah, I see, I wasn't really keeping track of the OP2 that much :)

The OPO got a €50 increase the week after I bought one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Just purchased, wont ship till the 23rd so hoping it arrives before intended. One thing I didn't like about OOS was that you couldn't change the the DPI and was one of the main reasons why I switched ROMs currently using CM on my OP2, might just try and keep the OP3 stock this time and not mess about with it. Have seen there is an unofficial CM13 already available for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Are the Otterboxes are worth buying? I've normally just stuck to a Diztronic TPU case and tempered glass protector.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I like the look of the sandstone cover , it apparently squares off the "camera bulge"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ive ordered the otterbox ,highly regarded

Ive ordered the otterbox ,highly regarded

Same here but didn't know it was there when ordering the phone so have to pay huge shipping of 24 euro so it gets here before the phone does...

god's toy wrote: »
    Same here but didn't know it was there when ordering the phone so have to pay huge shipping of 24 euro so it gets here before the phone does...

Maybe someone who orders in the next few days could help you out and add it to their order for you. Spirt of Boards!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement