Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodview Heights Lucan

• 17-05-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. My fiance & i are considering buying a house in Woodview Heights are were wondering would anyone know what the area is like? Would it be a good area to raise our kid? Or if anyone has any suggestions of nice areas in Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Grand area and close enough to the village and also handy for the likes of the 25, 66, 66a/b, 67 buses if you're heading into the city centre.

My only issue would be the houses in Woodview Heights are quite pokey and cramped and any works to extend them means you'll have no back garden.

It all depends on what your budget is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 THFC33

Cheers for your post. Do you know of any areas we should be avoiding or any areas we should also look at?

Again, depends on what your upper limit is and if you're a first-time buyer.
    My rule of thumb was to stay away from areas east of the Outer Ring Road apart from Ballyowen, Hermitage and Larkfield. There seems to be a few posters here who are based up around Finnstown.
    I used to live over by Willsbrook Park but moved earlier this year closer to the village. Elmbrook, Willsbrook, Esker Lane are all nice.
    Closer to the village, the likes of Beech Park, Beech Grove, Lucan Heights are all the older areas and very settled but are typically bigger houses (albeit in need of renovations) and tend to be more expensive than a lot of the newer ones.

Our limit is about €300,000 & we are first time buyers. Really appreciate your posts. As we are both not from the Lucan area its really difficult to know which are the best areas to go for.

If you want any further details, please feel free to PM me! More than happy to give you info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Ensure to consider schools in your choice if your planning a family!

The one in the estate no good then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

THFC33 wrote: »

No idea, something for you to check out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

THFC33 wrote: »

scoil mhuire up at airlie heights? thats a great school.

Yeah i have heard good things about that school was surprised by the last post as i thought they meant that school

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement