Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Anyone doing videos of the highlights? Can't be assed sitting through the full thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems screens of ReCore have been 'leaked'

Loved the look of that last year. Really made me want an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Loved the look of that last year. Really made me want an Xbox.

Yeah looks really good. Also it appears it's release date has been leaked too.
    September 2016

Think MS will have Dead Rising 4 as an exclusive / timed at least tomorrow given the leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any guesses as to which franchise will appear on which of the other conferences? Battlefront on Microsoft and Titanfall on Sony?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any guesses as to which franchise will appear on which of the other conferences? Battlefront on Microsoft and Titanfall on Sony?

Other way round I'd say, Sony have a deal with Battlefront already and Titanfall 1 was an Xbox exclusive so MS might have a deal sorted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ItsHoggie wrote:
    Other way round I'd say, Sony have a deal with Battlefront already and Titanfall 1 was an Xbox exclusive so MS might have a deal sorted with them.

Ms are pretty buddy buddy with ea these days

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Ms are pretty buddy buddy with ea these days

Yeah, i thought EA might of jumped ship with the way the current gen is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That was a truly awful conference. I find it amazing that EA, who do a conference every year manage to have such a bad conference.

Full of people talking, office tours. I really don't understand as they had stuff to show. Show Battlefield properly, the stuff after was way more impressive. Show a match of Titanfall 2.

Even Fe. For the first 5 minutes I thought 'this is a bad attempt at Unravel with a slideshow' and then they showed the game. Why over explain it! Just show the trailer.

My god that awful bit with Mourinho and the stage actor too... oh man.

Anyway, it can only get better from here.

tok9 wrote: »
    That was a truly awful conference. I find it amazing that EA, who do a conference every year manage to have such a bad conference.

Full of people talking, office tours. I really don't understand as they had stuff to show. Show Battlefield properly, the stuff after was way more impressive. Show a match of Titanfall 2.

Even Fe. For the first 5 minutes I thought 'this is a bad attempt at Unravel with a slideshow' and then they showed the game. Why over explain it! Just show the trailer.

My god that awful bit with Mourinho and the stage actor too... oh man.

Anyway, it can only get better from here.

EA are doing their own thing this year and will be keeping all the more interesting things like gameplay for that.
    I'm sure they have Titanfall 2 playable at it as well so will see some gameplay for that over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    That was a truly awful conference.

Personally, I'm of the opinion all gaming press conferences are awful. Close to a universal truth. Watching one is basically letting a huge corporation advertise and market directly at you for 90 minutes or so. There'll be nothing of substance or interest that isn't posted everywhere else within minutes or seconds of it happening.

I completely stopped watching the conferences a few years ago, and couldn't be happier with the decision. It was great last year to wake up one morning and find out The Last Guardian was back on track - and I didn't have to stay up to stupid o'clock and suffer through some intolerably stiff presenters and marketing guff to to experience it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ItsHoggie wrote: »

COD is a dead cert for Sony after they switched the time exclusive dlc to sony last year. Thankfully Activision aren't doing a conference.
    Amazing EA were juggling Battlefront, Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 at the conference. Hope you all like FPS's

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Ah, I meant Battlefield. Always get those 2 names mixed up.

Speaking of overexplaining stuff, I think the worst example was James Cameron explaining Avatar at the Ubisoft conference. Think he was onstage for at least 3 hours to explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ERG89 wrote:
    COD is a dead cert for Sony after they switched the time exclusive dlc to sony last year. Thankfully Activision aren't doing a conference. Amazing EA were juggling Battlefront, Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 at the conference. Hope you all like FPS's

Am I the only one who thinks that it's stupid to release bf1 and Titanfall so close

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That Bethesda press conference time is poor. Making sure that no-one outside of the US will watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Huh, Visceral Games doing a Star Wars game is the near future :eek:

Obviously fresh off the success of the Battlefield Hardline campaign :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Am I the only one who thinks that it's stupid to release bf1 and Titanfall so close

Stop trying to help EA. If they want to crash and burn, let 'em! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No, its one of the most stupid gaming decisions ever. Titanfall would do much better as a spring 2017 title.

2 FPS games with the same publisher going head to head is madness.

Is silly alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Huh, Visceral Games doing a Star Wars game is the near future :eek:

Obviously fresh off the success of the Battlefield Hardline campaign :P
    Amy Hennig was brought in to lead the Star Wars team as Creative Director back in early 2014. From the investor call back in January this year, the project is still a few years out so it looks like it's being given plenty of time in the oven.

There may be plenty to be cynical about at this time of year but that project sure as hell ain't one of them. :)

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, I meant Battlefield. Always get those 2 names mixed up.

Thought that myself but thought I'd say anyway :pac:

Yeah, with the success that EA have had with Battlefield 1's announcement so far and COD coming out in the same window I think it's only going to damage Titanfall's sales, like someone already mentioned a spring release would be much better off for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so like 3 years on and nothing more on mass effect 3 than what was giving on the original reveal :pac: but fifa+madden through the whole show, god it was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Maybe it will be like battlefront and people will get bored of it in the week.

Not too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Disappointing conference. Titanfall and Battlefield looked great but since they're coming out so close to each other I will probably choose one, most likely Battlefield.

How little Mass Effect was shown was insane. Why announce it so early? Stop this, please. No way it's released in early 2017 with how little they had to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nope, it aint no Gwent!

Quake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"wooooooooooooooo"

Would someone please smother her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still hyping Fallout Shelter? I assumed everyone uninstalled it after two weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement