Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I played a bit of Dishonoured 1 but it didn't do much for me.

Dishonoured 2 looks pretty good.

Dishonored 1 was great. I suggest you go back and give it a good few hours.
    The only bad thing was.....playing it the 'fun' way involved using all your gadgets and killing ppl etc (but you were penalised somewhat for playing this way)

The stealthy, no kill method...which got a bit boring...was the good ending...and you didn't receive certain penalties.

Great game nonetheless...deffo go back and play it again, game still holds up very well. The graphics and art style are still brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is Kadokawa's show being streamed anywhere? Never stayed up for a conference before and assumed they were all live streamed :(

I don't think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It felt like Bethesda are playing it very safe this year, nothing that really stood out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Nothing jumped out at me at Bethesda this year, it kinda hard to follow up on Fallout 4 last year. Skyrim remaster looks nice

EA was had more interest for me. I will be buying FIFA, I love a good sports game to sink time into. EA Indy Games has a ring of Miramax or Focus about it. The Irish accent in Battlefield was interesting choice.

I just want EA to answer the following question:

Is the new Mass Effect story single player only or are you following Destiny and the Division down the dark path of console MMOs

• Why was Doom at E3 again?? Haven't got a chance to look at youtube vids but there seems to be loads listed for it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Witcher 3 made Fallout 4 look/play like absolute cack, I can only imagine how boring Skyrim would be to go through again. Mafia 3 is looking very generic and not very Mafia.

The Fallout 4 stuff looks interesting but nothing I'd pay for. Gotta bulk up that season pass I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why was Doom at E3 again??

It's getting a VR version I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Battlefield 1 trailer looked amazing, but think I'll enjoy the Titanfall MP more, hopefully they have more content this time.

Not huge amount interesting from Bethesda. That Quake trailer was awful, but Dishonored looks good.

Wow that Fallout 4 season pass justified it's price hike to 50 quid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why was Doom at E3 again?? Haven't got a chance to look at youtube vids but there seems to be loads listed for it again.

Gotta fill that hour and shill some DLC

• Advertisement

Wow Prey looks amazing, but I must admit that I'm slightly disappointed that it's not a follow on to the magnificent Prey of previous generations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Chris Avellone working on it as well which has me very interested.

Friday 13th Gameplay:

Since when did Jason have the ability to transport and have super hearing? While I love the thought of playing as Jason, it just seems like they're moving into silly territory.

Also, is it multiplayer, like some Slenderman games?

The teleport was ridiculous but it looks like you can't run so there has to be some way to pop up unexpected. Maybe you can only use it at certain times. Also, the eagle vision looks like it only follows them to a location and then you have to search the location. So far it looks fun but this would want to be a ps+ or discounted at least, does not look 60-70 quids worth.

It would have much more tense if you had smaller locations. Then you wouldn't need to teleport. It just gives an unfair advantage to whoever plays as Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Is there anyone here over at this? Looking for dimensions green arrow and supergirl polybags.

Word is Ubi are announcing and releasing a title called "Grow Up'' today.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/742181747731922944

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Word is Ubi are announcing and releasing a title called "Grow Up'' today.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/742181747731922944

What an awesome title, be better if it were a statement made to them though :)

Poor ol' Ubi, burnt too many bridges for anyone to get excited about new games. This could be the one to break the mould....

Probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sequel to Grow Home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    Still hyping Fallout Shelter? I assumed everyone uninstalled it after two weeks.

I know I did, bloody rad roaches wiped my whole vault. *deletes*
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sequel to Grow Home?

God, that game got boring fast. Especially cause of the amount of tedium. It was cute for like 1 hour. Then it was like "move faster you clutz"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sequel to Grow Home?

Seems to fit the bill, same studio and 3+ pegi rating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Always found Grow Home to be Ubisoft's own response to the curse of the Ubisoft open world formula. Short, sweet, focused and with an emphasis on mechanics and exploration above all else. Would love to see a sequel or follow-up, as long as it doesn't fall victim to Ubisoft sequelitis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Always found Grow Home to be Ubisoft's own response to the curse of the Ubisoft open world formula.

Yup. Essentially you play a game whose whole gameplay is climbing one giant tower :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm hoping Ubisoft will give a release date for Ghost Recon: Wildlands tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Ubisoft will give a release date for Ghost Recon: Wildlands tonight.

No point, all Ubi games get at least one delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Always found Grow Home to be Ubisoft's own response to the curse of the Ubisoft open world formula. Short, sweet, focused and with an emphasis on mechanics and exploration above all else. Would love to see a sequel or follow-up, as long as it doesn't fall victim to Ubisoft sequelitis :pac:
    In terms of full on productions, Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are probably more indicative of an attempt by Ubisoft to do something a little different. Grow Home was a little different again since it started life as a small Unity prototype put together by a bunch of folk at Reflections.

Either way though, it'd be nice to see more of that kind of stuff, they certainly have the resources for it and it'd definitely help add some variety to their arguably formulaic roster of titles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gizmo wrote: »
    In terms of full on productions, Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are probably more indicative of an attempt by Ubisoft to do something a little different. Grow Home was a little different again since it started life as a small Unity prototype put together by a bunch of folk at Reflections.

Either way though, it'd be nice to see more of that kind of stuff, they certainly have the resources for it and it'd definitely help add some variety to their arguably formulaic roster of titles.

What I found particularly interesting about Grow Home though was that it was actually much more comparable to particularly Assassin's Creed - what with its open world and emphasis on climbing. Whereas Child of Light, Rayman etc were off doing their own things, Grow Home was the game that perhaps unintentionally responded to the criticisms we often see directed at the 'Ubisoft formula'. The main mechanics were genuinely involving (unlike the automated parkour of AC), the world was filler free (unlike the icon littered maps of all Ubisoft open world games), and the whole thing just felt fresh, innovative and pleasantly experimental. Had a blast with the couple of hours I spent with it.

Ubisoft no doubt has more going on than just those generic open world games, but I always find it fascinating that they themselves released a game - quietly and without much fanfare - that was IMO the perfect antidote to the increasingly frustrating, filler-packed games they themselves have popularised :) If the sort of player-friendly, economic design seen in that game was translated to their AAA fare, no question they'd be vastly, vastly superior games than the junk-filled stuff they're peddling at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What I found particularly interesting about Grow Home though was that it was actually much more comparable to particularly Assassin's Creed - what with its open world and emphasis on climbing. Whereas Child of Light, Rayman etc were off doing their own things, Grow Home was the game that perhaps unintentionally responded to the criticisms we often see directed at the 'Ubisoft formula'. The main mechanics were genuinely involving (unlike the automated parkour of AC), the world was filler free (unlike the icon littered maps of all Ubisoft open world games), and the whole thing just felt fresh, innovative and pleasantly experimental. Had a blast with the couple of hours I spent with it.

Ubisoft no doubt has more going on than just those generic open world games, but I always find it fascinating that they themselves released a game - quietly and without much fanfare - that was IMO the perfect antidote to the increasingly frustrating, filler-packed games they themselves have popularised :) If the sort of player-friendly, economic design seen in that game was translated to their AAA fare, no question they'd be vastly, vastly superior games than the junk-filled stuff they're peddling at the moment.
    Totally agree. Think of the "they" you mention above though, what you're really referring to is not Ubisoft as a whole but a small number of people working within the confines of their multi-studio system on larger scale projects. It's not really surprising that there's going to be folk there that want to experiment with some of the core ideas found in the projects they're working on without being burdened by the trappings of the AAA templated design.

Props to Ubi for actually releasing it though, even if I don't see them incorporating that kind of stripped down design into their mainline releases. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We can unfortunately kiss that goodbye if Vivendi take them over which is looking increasingly likely.

Ubisoft should do a new kickstarter. Promise to make Beyond Good and Evil 2 and in return backers can buy their shares.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement