Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

Wow and sony said they aint showing theirs , 1-0 MS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh well. E3 is over. Good win.

In Phil we trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Jeses this generation has been crap and where all ready getting the new console next year jeses this was a useless gen full of remasters ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

In Phil we trust.

giving you fair warning, if you start your Xbox fanboy BS during the Sony conference, like last year, I will report your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

In Phil we trust.

Yeah all those multi-format games they showed and them basically giving the Xbox One the Old Yeller treatment live on stage sure won it for MS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Links234 wrote: »
    I'd be happy if they didn't force Windows Store, I've already got half a dozen different clients I have to use to play my games, between Steam, Blizzard Launcher, UPlay, Origin, etc. That's why I really appreciate that Witcher 3 was up on Steam and didn't force GOG.
    Even if they did have the games available on Steam (which would be nice, I'll happily admit) you'd still need to login into your Live Account for online-functionality. I guess this way they get to keep the ~30% of the revenue they would have otherwise handed over to Valve for the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Either Sony pushed the Neo too early or it's actual specs better be alot higher than the rumored specs to compete head on with the Scorpio. The performance gap will be bigger then the PS4 to X1 right now.

Scorpio will do 4K gaming while the Neo can do 4K upscaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Soo, no point getting an Xbox till 2018 pretty much? Seems odd to announce it so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ok, so I'm confused. Project Scorpio and the S are 2 different consoles with Scorpio coming Holiday 2017? And all games released on Scorpio will play on Xbox One?

Then talking about VR? Is HoloLens abandoned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

giving you fair warning, if you start your Xbox fanboy BS during the Sony conference, like last year, I will report your comments.

Boo hoo. BTW, I hear the new Xbox is 50% more powerful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm confused. Project Scorpio and the S are 2 different consoles with Scorpio coming Holiday 2017? And all games released on Scorpio will play on Xbox One?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

I wonder what VR headset MS will use with Project Scorpio, possibly something they'll develop themselves?

Couldn't really hear the announcement properly with noisey kids around.

CastorTroy wrote: »

All games will work on the One but will look and play better on the Scorpio, it's like selecting high level graphics on a PC game.

All PS4 games from September will have a Neo mode for the Neo console.

Doge wrote: »
    I wonder what VR headset MS will use with Project Scorpio, possibly something they'll develop themselves?

Couldn't really hear the announcement properly with noise kids around.

They are in bed with Ocolus Rift, it will be a version of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Going to be the occ rift they had it on stage today for mine craft.

They have a major partnership with the PC with it so they will use it as everything is there as they will kill the Sony Vr with it over the name alone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Any further 'fanboy' nonsense or goading from this post onwards will not be tolerated.

Wonder if it could be Gear VR/Oculus - giving they used Gear VR on stage today.

I've no problem with Scorpio or Neo - but I do find it annoying that the consoles will be so much more powerful, but the games will be held back to play on the current gen of console - in the same way a game like Destiny has been held back by support of 360/Ps3. I get it, cause the current gen is still so new - but itwill still be annoying that games won't be as good as they can be. Unless Sony/MS remove the 'family' support requirement after a couple of years.

Given they have said all games and accessories will play across the family I would question whether even VR games will get the full dev experience - as they will have to work with the current gen versions too.

HHHHMMMMMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Maybe Sony held off talking about Neo 'cause they wanted to see what MS had up their sleeve, considering the Neo's specs have been leaked months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

No Crackdown 3, no clarification of what Scorpio actually is, and no HoloLens or commitment to a specific VR headset. I wonder will Scorpio be a module you attach to your console, a sort of cloud based system localised, or is it a new console.

Strong conference from MS, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

They're putting their balls on the table by guaranteeing 4k native support, given they have 12 months to make it more powerful than a €2000 PC using technology that's a generation a head of what's coming out this autumn.

Despite being negative about everything I would love to see MS do this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kind of confused about this Scorpio deal. These mid gen upgrades have almost universally failed spectacularly with the exception of the Gameboy colour which at least was a massive update to the hardware (and only lasted 18 months)

As for the games announced.... I mean the PS4 is a piss poor console if you own a PC but what Microsoft presented looked great... but will be on my PC. At least the PS4 has some exclusives. I can't think of a single game on Xbox One that makes me want to own one.

Falthyron wrote: »
    No Crackdown 3, no clarification of what Scorpio actually is, and no HoloLens or commitment to a specific VR headset. I wonder will Scorpio be a module you attach to your console, a sort of cloud based system localised, or is it a new console.

Strong conference from MS, imo.

I think it was pretty clear it was an all new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I've no problem with Scorpio or Neo - but I do find it annoying that the consoles will be so much more powerful, but the games will be held back to play on the current gen of console - in the same way a game like Destiny has been held back by support of 360/Ps3. I get it, cause the current gen is still so new - but itwill still be annoying that games won't be as good as they can be. Unless Sony/MS remove the 'family' support requirement after a couple of years.

I wouldn't say it will affect it quite as much in the same way. Like someone has already mentioned, it will be more like getting a new better GPU for your pc.

The games will look amazing on your new gpu but will still look good on your old gtx 760.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Kind of confused about this Scorpio deal. These mid gen upgrades have almost universally failed spectacularly with the exception of the Gameboy colour which at least was a massive update to the hardware (and only lasted 18 months)

As for the games announced.... I mean the PS4 is a piss poor console if you own a PC but what Microsoft presented looked great... but will be on my PC. At least the PS4 has some exclusives. I can't think of a single game on Xbox One that makes me want to own one.

I think that was part of the point, if they can't get you to buy a console , they can still sell you games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The scorpio is a new console that has back compatibilty with existing XB1 games.

Announcing it basically made the XB1S pre-obsolete. Why would anyone buy one now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it will affect it quite as much in the same way. Like someone has already mentioned, it will be more like getting a new better GPU for your pc.

The games will look amazing on your new gpu but will still look good on your old gtx 760.

On the other end of the spectrum you have the likes of Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS. Plays great on New 3DS. Is an unplayable slideshow on normal 3DS. Don't be surprised if you see a lot of that happening if the majority of users migrate to the new SKU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

All games will work on the One but will look and play better on the Scorpio, it's like selecting high level graphics on a PC game.

still a bit strange, asking people to buy a new version of a console that will be superseded in 15 months.

that said, a far better showing than last year, I've gone from having little or no interest in buying an Xbone, to seriously considering buying a 2nd hand one when the big sell-off of older models beings.

I think that was part of the point, if they can't get you to buy a console , they can still sell you games.

I shouldn't be unhappy about it, especially being able to play Scalebound now with out forking out for a new console but I would have thought MS would want to sell Xbox Ones. And if not then perhaps look into making Windows 10 a better gaming platform. It's like they aren't committing to either.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

But with so much more CPU power and memory, beyond the GPU improvements - the AI could be better, you could have more on screen, you could have bigger environments. But because you have to keep parity with the current versions of the game you have to develop the games to those limitations.

As it stands, it does seem that the Scorpio and Neo will simply be offering a graphical upgrade, but thats my issue - with the power on offer it could be closer to a generation change.

Unless the current gen version of the game is allowed to be inferior to the Scorpio/Neo version in aspects beyond resolution and framerate.

• Advertisement

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The scorpio is a new console that has back compatibilty with existing XB1 games.

Announcing it basically made the XB1S pre-obsolete. Why would anyone buy one now?

The Scopio games will be playable on X1, X1S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement