Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You could put an SSD into your PS4 if you wanted tho. However, it would work better if you could still keep your HDD and a separate SSD for a couple of games at a time like on XB1 & PC.

You could, but it doesn't help much in the majority of cases.

http://m.ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Hard_Drive_Speed_Test_Comparison

Only one game with a notable difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Trying to get my head around this

Do I have this all wrong? Is the Scorpio solely aimed towards those seeking 4K visuals and VR or am I missing something?

Seeing as the X1 cannot manage 1080p at 60fps in most games as it is the Scorpio will at least do that. Never mind 4k or VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Varik wrote:
    Doesn't matter, will still need to but a copy after the free period if you do any major hardware changes.

You don't need to buy a copy if you upgrade while it's free.

If you upgrade now it's free forever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    You don't need to buy a copy if you upgrade while it's free.

If you upgrade now it's free forever

To add to this:

"However, replacing your computer’s motherboard or CPU will likely be so big a change that it prevents the PC from automatically activating. Windows 10 will see it as a different hardware configuration, one which isn’t allowed to have the free upgrade.

If you run into this problem, you should just be able to clean-install Windows 10 normally. Skip both prompts when you’re asked to enter a product key. After it installs, it will attempt to activate itself with Microsoft and won’t automatically activate. It will be considered non-genuine until you activate it. The activation screen will prompt you to purchase a new license from the Windows Store.

According to Gabriel Aul, Vice President of Engineering for the Windows & Devices group at Microsoft, you can then contact support from within Windows 10, explain the situation, and they’ll activate Windows 10 for you:

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/630161382042808320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Seeing as the X1 cannot manage 1080p at 60fps in most games as it is the Scorpio will at least do that. Never mind 4k or VR.

Even so, my eye isn't as calibrated as some to pick out the graphical differences.

A lot will depend on the price of the Scorpio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

So erm, anyone watching the PC Gaming conference? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe the difference in framerates between SKUs will mean Japanese companies will stop tying game logic to frame rate!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doge wrote: »
    So erm, anyone watching the PC Gaming conference? :p

I thought the Xbox conference was the PC conference? :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Maybe the difference in framerates between SKUs will mean Japanese companies will stop tying game logic to frame rate!

Wish they did that back in the PAL NTSC days, oh what I missed out out on being deprived of NTSC. Suppose PAL was all I knew anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I thought the Xbox conference was the PC conference? :P

Alright folks, pack it up, we're down here, move along :pac:

• Advertisement

Miss Lady Horn up next.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm glad I don't give a tupenny f**k about VR to be honest.

Makes it even easier to convince myself to not be an early adopter for any of these machines (PS4k, XBone1s, Scorpio).

This whole E3 thus far has been fairly light on the games that make me go "holy hell, I want that NOW, gimme, gimme"

Some of them look nice, but theres feck all gameplay showed, and I mean those that do look nice were shown last year. I can no longer maintain hype for 12+ months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

That was a good conference, but, for me at least, Microsoft are missing the point. Hardware is not the issue with the Xbox, it's the software. As already said, most the games on show are also coming to pc. There is nothing there to convince me to get an Xbox, where as the PS4 has a collection (all be it small) of games you can't play anywhere else.

Also, while Scorpio sounds exciting, it also sounds expensive. Wouldn't be surprised to see it retail at €600, which would be excessive to just play the same games but at higher fps/better looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So many WW games all of a sudden :D

re: Day of Infamy

Thing is MS are trying to push Windows 10 big time and with Cortana. Kinect 2.0 seems like a long forgotten memory at this stage, fool me twice shame on you...

Wish they did that back in the PAL NTSC days, oh what I missed out out on being deprived of NTSC. Suppose PAL was all I knew anyway.

It's even worse when you spend time collecting old games and find out about it too late. 'Oh... My N64 and PS1 collection I spent countless hours and money on is inferior European PAL crap. Guess I'll just have to collect everything again :('

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The classic ubisoft just dance opening ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

This 'performance' is to cater for American búll****. They eat this $hit up. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh gods Ubisoft...

beyond good and evil 2 and a new child of Eden game (not likely with Rez HD) please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shut your hole Ubi and announce Beyond Good & Evil 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wait, when did this become Eurovision?

The one who trys to be hip from ubisoft is back again....

Do they ever learn ? Ha ha

Want South Park

The NX has got its 1st shovelware title in just dance 17 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shut your hole Ubi and announce Beyond Good & Evil 2.

That'll be a Nintendo announcement.

Said it before, but I want Prince of Persia

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is this lad Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That'll be a Nintendo announcement.

Said it before, but I want Prince of Persia

Oh it better not be. Bad enough that Bayonetta 2 ended up there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Could be, Dominic Butler is the name.

Wildlands looks kinda interesting alright, I just hope it's not like The Division.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is this lad Irish?

Can't be, his hipster beard isn't big enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement