Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yes, we always push for excellenceee but we still get le crappy Rainbow 6 servers.

Merci.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Beta link but Ubisoft servers getting hammered: http://steep.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

What I want from Sony conference:

Resistance FoM Remastered
    New Crash Bandicoot

What I will get:

Nothing

:rolleyes:

New Crash Bandicoot

What I will get:

Nothing

:rolleyes:

I'd say theres a good chance of a From Software exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Beta link but Ubisoft servers getting hammered: http://steep.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

"Log in to uPlay"

3004322-9976099713-100.g.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Okay, you're the lead designer of the new main character for Watch Dogs 2. He's part of a secretive vigilante group called DedSec, so he needs to be inconspicuous and blend in. Any ideas?"

"Write DedSec on his hat and make him look as hipstery as possible so he really stands out?"

"Perfect!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good conference from ubisoft. I think they generally have the best ones each year. But within saying that most conferences tend to be flat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New Crash Bandicoot

I'd laugh if I saw that. Crash Bandicoot was never that good but was the best PS1 owners could do at the time without Mario 64 and Resistance Fall of Man gave me a lot of entertainment at the time with PS3 early adopters trying to argue that it was good and the graphics didn't look like a bad PS2 game. Definitely don't want those announcements!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't wait to get my hands on the new Ghost Recon in 3 years time, I'd say it'll look gorgeous.

ingame_16x10_0.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd really love a legendarily crap conference like the Konami one a few years ago or the PS3 announcement. It's too safe and corporate now :)

• Advertisement

What I'd like to see at the Sony conference.

More engaging exclusives launching in 2016/2017.

No more talk of No man's sky. It's been in three E3 Sony shows already and its primed for launch so no more chit chat.

PS Now price reduction.

Some VR content coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd really love a legendarily crap conference like the Konami one a few years ago or the PS3 announcement. It's too safe and corporate now :)

Yeah the Konami conferences used to be a huge WTF moment that lasted over an hour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sony, COD, No Mans Sky with VR support, brush over the fact they won't talk about the elephant in the room that is Neo and just carry on.

Oh and Andrew House will show off some of his very good Japanese as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That was a very good conference from Ubisoft.

Really tempted to get that South Park game now and play through the first one. That is the kind of incentive that actually makes sense for people pre ordering.

Still waiting on more with Wildlands. hate the actor crap but it kind of looks like a co op MGSV so if it ends up like that, I'm in!

For Honor and Steep looked great too. For Honor just because it seems so intense and Steep because I was recently talking about SSX3 and it looks like it'll scratch that itch.

Well done Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

To the people on about Crash Bandicoot, wasn't it already announced he'll be in the next Skylanders games?. Doubt we'll see any stand alone game for Crash soon, even though I wouldn't mind it or a new Spyro game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

"The Last Guardian is available on the PS Store right now"

A man can dream, can't he?

(although I do think E3 would benefit from a megaton 'out now' announcement one of these years :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ubisoft stuff tends to look very good at E3, or at least gain a lot of attention, but personally I think we've been stung by them for too many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I was going to stay up for the Sony conference but it's not until 2 and it'll be a couple of hours long at least so **** that.

I know I'm going to miss a big announcement live because I'm taking the fact that the Neo won't be there as a sign that they have something bigger than it that they don't want to overshadow.

They had FF7R and Shenmue 3 last year for Christ's sake. Sony know how to do these things

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Varik wrote: »
    Windows activated is keyed to you current hardware, change the motherboard and cpu and you'll now need a paid copy.
    Probably worth pointing out this is only the case if you have an OEM licence for the OS rather than a retail licence.

Information on the finer points of the process can be found here as part of the answer to "When I upgrade a preinstalled (OEM) or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 license to Windows 10, does that license remain OEM or become a retail license?"

What I'd like to see at the Sony conference.

More engaging exclusives launching in 2016/2017.

No more talk of No man's sky. It's been in three E3 Sony shows already and its primed for launch so no more chit chat.

PS Now price reduction.

Some VR content coming soon.
    I forgot to add no Kickstarters. Please.

If you believe in a game Sony fund it yourselves. Please don't ask customers to.

• Advertisement

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I was going to stay up for the Sony conference but it's not until 2 and it'll be a couple of hours long at least so **** that.

I know I'm going to miss a big announcement live because I'm taking the fact that the Neo won't be there as a sign that they have something bigger than it that they don't want to overshadow.

I wouldn't say they have something bigger, it will all be about PSVR.

I reckon they held back on Neo to see MS's hand with Scorpion. Now if they want they have time to pull back and match the specs or go with what they have.

It's all about how the cards are played who has what cards at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I forgot to add no Kickstarters. Please.

If you believe in a game Sony fund it yourselves. Please don't ask customers to.

Has shenmue been the only game to date they've asked for funding via kickstarter or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Has shenmue been the only game to date they've asked for funding via kickstarter or more?

Thought Sony took over that and funded it themselves, no?

I'm expecting a few big announcements that are years off. I think they covered the big three vapourware games last year with Shenmue 3, FF7 Remake and Last Guardian so I'm not sure what is left outside of BG&E 2..... a guy can dream can't he?

I am open to correction but I think so and I hope it was just a once off.

It would have went down so well if it was a Shenmue announcement and coming to PS4 & PC on date X with support from Sony but it went down the crowd funding route.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Thought Sony took over that and funded it themselves, no?

Yeah, Sony took over and funded it but the developer left the public funding goals in place.

Sony never asked for anything to get this game funded.

Achievements up for 'Stick of Truth' so xbox getting a One version for South Park pre-order

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth/f39d01b9-4532-4219-89aa-c0128d327016

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Achievements up for 'Stick of Truth' so xbox getting a One version for South Park pre-order

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth/f39d01b9-4532-4219-89aa-c0128d327016

1000g sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Yeah, Sony took over and funded it but the developer left the public funding goals in place.

Sony never asked for anything to get this game funded.

Sony are not funding it, that was a lie. Sony will market it, not fund development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Feck this, im off for a nap. See you guys in 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement