Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That was a whole load of Meh for me.

God of War looked remotely interesting, Crash Bandicoot remastered fun, Spiderman might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Like the look of days gone. Disappointed there is no elite PS4 controllers or custom built controllers. I'm not expecting much from The Last Guardian at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

I have to say the animation in Days Gone looks top notch, seeing all those Z's piling on too of each other scrambling towards you looked awesome.

The graphics look really polished also. Things have come a long way since Left For Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I just don't know why, if they're moving on entirely with the gameplay and setting, why they keep Kratos as the main guy in the God of War reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Much better than last years Sony show. Some really interesting prospective games shown.

Last years Sony E3, was terrible with no real late 2015 games but this is more like it.

Shocked to see indies getting 0 coverage. That's a surprise from Sony.

They kept the show very consise but definitely left a few things out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Doge wrote: »
    Thought it was a bit too short considering they could have showed Gran Turismo and a good few other games.

Tbh they usually go off on sales and marketing tangents every year that really drags things to a needless halt. This year was surprisingly concise and game-packed for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I just don't know why, if they're moving on entirely with the gameplay and setting, why they keep Kratos as the main guy in the God of War reboot.

Easier than pushing a new IP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Tbh they usually go off on sales and marketing tangents every year that really drags things to a needless halt. This year was surprisingly concise and game-packed for them.

Yeah I guess you're right, they kept it short but sweet.

Easier than pushing a new IP

Keep the IP just move on from Kratos, I don't think I can stand to play another Angry Mr Angry game. Gears of War are doing it, the other GoW could too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

This god of war developer just comes across as an asshole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just found the whole of E3 a confirmation of how creatively bankrupt the triple A game space is right now. The only game I'm remotely excited for is Dishonored 2. Maybe Zelda will surprise but that's a series that has been doggedly conservative so I'm not expecting it to do anything new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I wonder was Junji Ito involved in Death Stranded?

Think of all the things I've seen tonight I'm most looking forward to We Happy Few.

That and a console port of Stardew Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what is that new kojima game about

Norman Reedus and Norman Fetus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Your guess is as good as anyone's. The game probably won't be out for another 3+ years anyway.

Interview with kojima on e3 YouTube live soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is it not Silent Hills / P.T .... If not I am going to be bitterly disappointed :(

Is it not Silent Hills / P.T .... If not I am going to be bitterly disappointed :(

looks typically kojima with the 5 floating badasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sony know how to put on a show. That orchestra was incredible.

I'm definitely checking out Resident Evil 7 once it hits the store.

That Last Guardian trailer... that was too much even as far as I was concerned. I don't need to see anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The big mic drop moment today was the 4K Xbox announcement.

Interesting times ahead. No doubt Sony will have to get off the canvas and regroup to come up with a counter that will work.

I wonder will the PS4.5 be scraped, maybe reworked, and/or pumped up with more power to at least get it to limp it through the reminder of this gen until a 4K PS4.

I am sure they didn't mention it today to give themselves some room to manoeuvre. They possibly knew it was coming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the silent hills game for sure but just remember PT was a separate project and was meant to be very different from silent hills and was created by a handful of Kojima productions staff in their spare time to mess about with fox engine.

at least the last guardian has a release, it was getting near hl3 vaporware at this stage :D

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just found the whole of E3 a confirmation of how creatively bankrupt the triple A game space is right now. The only game I'm remotely excited for is Dishonored 2. Maybe Zelda will surprise but that's a series that has been doggedly conservative so I'm not expecting it to do anything new.

I dunno, Vampyr, We Happy Few, and Observer all look seriously good. I'm finding more things to be excited about this year than previous years to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What's more mythical, the creature in The Last Guardian, or the game The Last Guardian?

The big mic drop moment today was the 4K Xbox announcement.

Not a hope in high heaven is an XBOX or ps4 delivering proper 4k it's just not happening

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Not a hope in high heaven is an XBOX or ps4 delivering proper 4k it's just not happening

there building a new machine from the ground up to play games at 4k, while keeping the xbox one at the same time, kinda like low end pc's can play the same games as high end pc's at the same time, their new motto seems to be "no more generations"

there building a new machine from the ground up to play games at 4k, while keeping the xbox one at the same time, kinda like low end pc's can play the same games as high end pc's at the same time, their new motto seems to be "no more generations"

High end gaming pcs are struggling with 4k at the minute unless they are running multiple good spec graphics cards.

A new 500 euro Xbox/PS4 running 4k at 60fps is impossible.

It will upscale to 4k mist likely. And is probably being built to run vr at a guaranteed 60fps minimum as anything less will make you sick in vr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jcd5971 wrote: »

Scorpio will deliver 4k native, not upscaled.

The gpu is about the same power as the 1080 which can currently run games at 4k/60 medium settings.

So I can see it being very possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement