Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

We didn't see even see 2 seconds of what they Kickstarter funding generated also at this E3 which is a shame.

The game is only in development for little over a year, what were you expecting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

This could be a big year for me in games, sorry wallet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Bottom line is that a Kickstarter campaign was announced by Sony last year and yes they asked fans to fund it. That is irrefutable. That's what happend.

We didn't see even see 2 seconds of what they Kickstarter funding generated also at this E3 which is a shame.

Think you really need to build a bridge. You've been bringing this up for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Benzino wrote: »
    The game is only in development for little over a year, what were you expecting?
    An update.

Not much to ask for after fans gave 6 million dollars of their own money into the Sony spun Kickstarter.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Think you really need to build a bridge. You've been bringing this up for a year.
    I don't follow... A year, where?

I can't be the only one that was expecting a Shenmue 3 update. According to online talk I am not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

An update.

Not much to ask for after fans gave 6 million dollars of their own money into the Sony spun Kickstarter.

They give updates every month to the fans who gave them money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Missing Nintendo at this show. It's usually something different amid all the triple A boring nonsense and sequels and they at least do new things with existing IP.

I really want to be amazed by Zelda, I've my fingers crossed but it's become Nintendo's safest franchise and remains the most unchanged between iterations. Would love if they did something new and bold.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Yeah, announcing Shenmue 3 and the FF7 remake were real low points for Sony last year.

MS really killed it last year with yet more GearsofHaloForza, the worst versions of multiplatform games and the amazing disappearing Crackdown ;)

At least this year they had State of Decay 2 and Dead Rising 4. Last year was an encapsulation of why no one cares about Xbox anymore, same tired old franchises that haven't been relevant/good since the mid 2000s.

Unless you are being sarcastic here then I am confused. You're complaining about Gears, Halo and Forza being tired old franchises but then talk about Final Fantasy and Shenmue, two franchises that are even older than those three. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

quad_red wrote: »
    I have to ask, wtf with 4K?

I've got a six year old 1080p plasma and watching Euros games on TV3 in bleary **** o vision, it's rare to see content fully utilizing the tv I have.

Give us bloody reliable 1080p at 60fps and then we'll talk.

Even something as old as Uncharted 3 looks sweet at 60 fps.

TV have the worst picture quality out of all Irish channels, have you seen the state of their day time talk shows? Look like they were recorded on very dated cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Benzino wrote: »
    They give updates every month to the fans who gave them money.

Also all up on their kickstarter page itself.

Didn't check through emails but a lot of it is on the site.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/updates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

awec wrote: »
    Unless you are being sarcastic here then I am confused. You're complaining about Gears, Halo and Forza being tired old franchises but then talk about Final Fantasy and Shenmue, two franchises that are even older than those three. :confused:

There have been more iterations of each of those MS franchises than there has been iterations of Shenmue or FF7. 6 Halos, 3 Gears and 8 Forzas already :eek:

Also, Gears is godawful so it doesn't count for anything.

As nice as the Orchestra was at the start of the Sony conference they should have ditched it in favour of 10 minutes to highlight indies coming to PS4.

It's quite a role reversal to see Microsoft give indies a really good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There have been more iterations of each of those MS franchises than there has been iterations of Shenmue or FF7. 6 Halos, 3 Gears and 8 Forzas already :eek:

There have been 15 Final Fantasy games however.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Loads of people love GOW, just because it's not to your taste doesn't mean it's awful :P

Also are there not 15 Core FF games already?

And I think what the other poster meant was that Shenmue and FF have been around a lot longer than any of the Xbox games you mentioned above, I don't believe he was referring to the amount of iterations.

emmetkenny wrote: »

And I think what the other poster meant was that Shenmue and FF have been around a lot longer than any of the Xbox games you mentioned above, I don't believe he was referring to the amount of iterations.

And yet if the MS franchises keep going at the pace they are being churned out then they'll pass out FF at this rate.

I used to be a huge Forza guy but now it has been turned into a EA-like yearly track and car pack. I played 6 for about 2 hours and just gave up on it because it was so souless and workman like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

I only copped on that the orchestra were doing a live score for Days Gone on my second watch of the gameplay!

It was so convincingly well done, I thought it was the in game music! :D

The score made the finally moments seem really intense, that and the hordes of freaky looking Z's charging towards you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Even under the guise of an E3 discussion, the biased and therefore worthless points being made here shows the 'Console War' is still alive and well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What time are square enix on today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also are there not 15 Core FF games already?

Can't really compare it to Final Fantasy though. That series reinvents itself with every numbered entry and even the spin offs and sequels to main line games are usually totally different from anything else in the series.

And then there are morons that want old school FF back, when there's no such thing as old school FF.

And yet if the MS franchises keep going at the pace they are being churned out then they'll pass out FF at this rate.

I used to be a huge Forza guy but now it has been turned into a EA-like yearly track and car pack. I played 6 for about 2 hours and just gave up on it because it was so souless and workman like.

Gears hadn't released a game in a few years, same with Halo before 5.

On PlayStation there has been a good few God of War (will the new one be the fifth?), four Uncharted Games, six Gran Tourismo.

For example GOW has been around since 2006 and have released 4 games (soon to be five). Uncharted has been around since 2007 and just released their fourth game or God of War who's been around since 2005 and have had
    8 releases (9 with the new one announced).

There's a reason companies continue to make these sequels or franchises and that's because they sell well and for the most part are successful games and very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Doge wrote: »

Looks like ammo wont be much of an issue from that trailer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So are MS billing this as a new console?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Can't really compare it to Final Fantasy though. That series reinvents itself with every numbered entry and even the spin offs and sequels to main line games are usually totally different from anything else in the series.

And then there are morons that want old school FF back, when there's no such thing as old school FF.

I'd a friend in school who absolutely loved FF. Used to be up in his a good bit and he'd always be raving about the latest FF. To me they all kind of looked the same and played the same just with different stories but that could be down to the turn based controls for fights and not really playing them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Uncharted has been around since 2007 and just released their fourth game or

There have been 5 Uncharted games, you forgot the Vita outing.

wes wrote: »
    There have been 5 Uncharted games, you forgot the Vita outing.

I never even knew about that :D

My brother loved those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

6 Uncharted. There was the card game. :)

Edit: And apparently one on Android/iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno, I watched the xbox presentation live, and tbh, the only thing that genuinely excited me was project scorpio.

Theres plenty of games coming, but nothing that has me eagerly awaiting their launch, i dunno whether thats just me getting older and jaded or what, I dont know. To be fair to Microsoft, they've a lot of titles that are coming out relatively soon at least. There just isn't as many exclusives on either console as there used to be to really have a big debate on it. Ubisoft have a pretty slack year coming up imo, and bethesda had nothing with much of a wow factor either.

The summary of the Sony Conference that I read didnt exactly wow me either. more Announcements that are way off, Best of luck on getting Kojima to ship anything in a timely fashion.

Out of everything thats coming down the tracks, its Battlefield 1 thats the highlight for me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gears is a fantastic and very successful franchise. The sales figures are there to back it up. You might not like it, but really that's indicative of nothing at all.

Forza is a motorsport game, of course it releases regularly. This is like moaning that there's a new FIFA out every year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

New Nier trailer.

Looks interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement