Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

lawlolawl wrote: »
    New Nier trailer.

Looks interesting.

The closest I've come to playing any type of JRPG was the FF MMO, which I turned off after half an hour and haven't gone near it since.

The combat here looks interesting, graphically it wasn't mind blowing stuff, but what I do know about JRPG's, it's all about the story and combat, but i do hope they sort out the stuff floating 3 feet away from the characters back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Looks like ammo wont be much of an issue from that trailer. :D

From then the whole swarm/murmuration of zombies that's not bad but it was a bit odd from watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Varik wrote: »
    From then the whole swarm/murmuration of zombies that's not bad but it was a bit odd from watching it.

It was a bit. "Stop turning around to shoot them man, just fcuking run" "Oh look, a conveniently placed red barrel (which we all know means it's an explodey barrel)"

The concept of the swarm type zombie is my personal favourite, World War Z springs to mind here (Good man Max Brooks), tied in with a bounty hunter biker (currently watching Sons of Anarchy so on a bit of a biker high), this will be a probable purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Out of everything thats coming down the tracks, its Battlefield 1 thats the highlight for me.

I felt the exact same battlefield 1 is the only "fall 2016" game that I'm really interested in.

i did like the look of a happy few so will probably pick that up but i wouldn't be running out to buy it.

i'll preorder bf1 on the xbox and enjoy is a week before ps4 players
    to me that a pretty big deal to get a game a week before another console.

project Scorpio I'm excited for but it'll depend on the price point at the moment i have a gaming pc, xbox one and ps4. but if Scorpio is about 600
    i doubt i'll upgrade unless it had some killer feature.

because with first party games now also coming to pc i think a lot of Gamers
    will have to make a choice.

thing about an xbox is you go into a shop and buy it and if anything goes wrong you can deal with MS directly.

with a pc if you don't know much you have to bring it to either a techie friend or a pc repair shop. which for some people can be a lot of hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

This music on the Nintendo stream is so annoying :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I felt the exact same battlefield 1 is the only "fall 2016" game that I'm really interested in.

i did like the look of a happy few so will probably pick that up but i wouldn't be running out to buy it.

i'll preorder bf1 on the xbox and enjoy is a week before ps4 players
    to me that a pretty big deal to get a game a week before another console.

project Scorpio I'm excited for but it'll depend on the price point at the moment i have a gaming pc, xbox one and ps4. but if Scorpio is about 600
    i doubt i'll upgrade unless it had some killer feature.

because with first party games now also coming to pc i think a lot of Gamers
    will have to make a choice.

thing about an xbox is you go into a shop and buy it and if anything goes wrong you can deal with MS directly.

with a pc if you don't know much you have to bring it to either a techie friend or a pc repair shop. which for some people can be a lot of hassle

TBH, Time is the only thing that keeps me from branching out to other consoles, Just last week i was thinking on getting a PS4 to play Bloodborne, The Last of us, and the Uncharted games but I bailed out as realistically, the console would be gathering dust afterwards. All my friends are on xbox, my gamerscore, everything. I'm just too deeply invested in it to bail at this stage. I'd love a PC for similar reasons but I've only time for one gaming device so I'm happy to stay where I am.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

LOL, Nintendo can't even test their sound out before hand? Attention to detail there lads... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bottom line is that a Kickstarter campaign was announced by Sony last year and yes they asked fans to fund it. That is irrefutable. That's what happend.

I'm saying that reducing it down to "They announced a Kickstarter" is needlessly dismissive of the scale of the announcement.

It's like saying "Valve announce some new shooting game that won't even be out for another 2 years" if they announced they decided to make Half-Life 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Penn wrote: »
    I'm saying that reducing it down to "They announced a Kickstarter" is needlessly dismissive of the scale of the announcement.

It's like saying "Valve announce some new shooting game that won't even be out for another 2 years" if they announced they decided to make Half-Life 3

To be fair, it was more like they decided to look up what was sure to be a crowd pleaser, yet didn't have the confidence in it to front the money themselves, so went out and essentially asked people to put their money where their mouths were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

New Pokemon look so silly :pac:

The blue guy looks like a Kids Blankey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Shiminay wrote: »
    No surprise there, I think they'd rather just forget that it's out there except the people who own one seem to keep buying games for it.

I will never buy a Sony handheld again. Burned twice now. The only games I will play on the Vita now are whatever is given with PS+

The guys from Giant Bomb just walked off in the middle of their stream because this Pokemon stuff is so boring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't blame them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

left the Nintendo steam as well, got so bored with Pokemon, gonna rewatch that Zelda trailer tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can't tell you guys just how much I'm hoping that this'll get a PC release

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zelda looks amazing, I'd nearly buy a WII U just to play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    I can't tell you guys just how much I'm hoping that this'll get a PC release

I'd say there's a good chance of that happening seeing as they released Toukiden on pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Why is the narration as gaelige? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The guys from Giant Bomb just walked off in the middle of their stream because this Pokemon stuff is so boring :D

it's Giant Bomb, they never like anything, and will end up like this

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

MS was meant to have a Sea of thieves demo late US time yesterday, anyone seen anything of this videos of this?

Want to see a bit of wandering, and less scripted stuff.

• Advertisement

I'd say there's a good chance of that happening seeing as they released Toukiden on pc.
    I hope so, Koei Tecmo have definitely upped their game on PC, and there's quite a bit of Sony stuff seeing a Steam release. It's one I'd happily hurl my moneys at.
    sheep? wrote: »
    Why is the narration as gaelige? :pac:
    I don't know, but it's cool!

They accidentally left the demo timer on for the Zelda playthrough so they are having to start again after about half an hour because the demo reset.

Nintendo are really bad at this :o

it's Giant Bomb, they never like anything, and will end up like this

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

More like this, surely? ;)

latest?cb=20101102142824

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had a quick gander at the Zelda trailer and looks very promising. Lovely sense of physicality to the world. Whether it can avoid falling victim to the many pratfalls of open world design will be the key...

Links234 wrote: »
    I hope so, Koei Tecmo have definitely upped their game on PC, and there's quite a bit of Sony stuff seeing a Steam release. It's one I'd happily hurl my moneys at.

I don't know, but it's cool!

Also his appearance, from the other humans in it I think he's meant to be white, also the mention of "these Islands" (Japan) as a far away place to those characters came from and the magical appearance of a white bull (of connacht).

Varik wrote: »
    Also his appearance, from the other humans in it I think he's meant to be white, also the mention of "these Islands" (Japan) as a far away place to those characters came from and the magical appearance of a white bull (of connacht).

Well his name is William, roughly based on the historical figure William Adams, who was English. So I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The closest I've come to playing any type of JRPG was the FF MMO, which I turned off after half an hour and haven't gone near it since.

The combat here looks interesting, graphically it wasn't mind blowing stuff, but what I do know about JRPG's, it's all about the story and combat, but i do hope they sort out the stuff floating 3 feet away from the characters back.

There's nothing JRPG about it. It's pure platinum action!

Also the FF MMO games are pure western RPG fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only getting to watch the Sony conference now. Holy sh*t that Days Gone trailer looked amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Lads the Square Enix show is the most painful thing I've ever watched :(
    Doesn't look like there will be any FF VII news out of i though.

Zelda looked amazing will be getting a Wii Ujust for that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Damn, just scrolled back through this thread to see some reactions. The amount of negativity towards absolutely everything is ridiculous. Absolutely nothing will excite some of you guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement