Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Any word on Tomb Raider coming to PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Any word on Tomb Raider coming to PS4?

Pretty sure Xbox only got a 1 year exclusive, so should be coming to PS4 around November... Could be wrong though, but hopefully not...

Pretty sure Xbox only got a 1 year exclusive, so should be coming to PS4 around November... Could be wrong though, but hopefully not...

I heard that too, but thought they'd announce something during E3 about the PS4 release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Damn, just scrolled back through this thread to see some reactions. The amount of negativity towards absolutely everything is ridiculous. Absolutely nothing will excite some of you guys.

Different strokes for different folks that's all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Lads the Square Enix show is the most painful thing I've ever watched :(
    Doesn't look like there will be any FF VII news out of i though.

Zelda looked amazing will be getting a Wii Ujust for that alone.

You sir must never have watched a Konami conference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Venom wrote: »
    You sir must never have watched a Konami conference :)

If it was anything worse than what I watched earlier I don't think I could hack it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any word on State of Decay 2 for PS4?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realise MS publishes it ha.

If it was anything worse than what I watched earlier I don't think I could hack it!

Check them out on Youtube. Pure car crash tv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lads the Square Enix show is the most painful thing I've ever watched :(
    Doesn't look like there will be any FF VII news out of i though.

Zelda looked amazing will be getting a Wii Ujust for that alone.

Microsoft's conference where they announced the Kinect beats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone play the Resident Evil demo?
    Played it once was alright nothing that has me stoked for it

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Microsoft's conference where they announced the Kinect beats all.

The Kinect reveal was bad in a lying through there teeth way along with the creepy pets game + child actor combo. But this.....

is a damm horror show in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I heard that too, but thought they'd announce something during E3 about the PS4 release

I don't think Sony are realistically going to promote a game that had a marketing/exclusivity deal with Xbox. I imagine we'll get news in a blog post.

I can't believe I saw a post moaning about the live orchestra. That orchestra was incredible. They actually made a show of the conference. Played to all the gameplay and trailers too from what I could tell. Some incredible talent on show.

Zelda looks aesthetically pleasing. Definitely interested in it, just hope the NX is worth purchasing.

I get the feeling that Link himself won't have VO.

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't think Sony are realistically going to promote a game that had a marketing/exclusivity deal with Xbox. I imagine we'll get news in a blog post.

I can't believe I saw a post moaning about the live orchestra. That orchestra was incredible. They actually made a show of the conference. Played to all the gameplay and trailers too from what I could tell. Some incredible talent on show.

Agreed. The orchestra and the ONE Sony guy coming out a few times throughout the conference was miles better than the boring and cringe worthy taking muppets EA, Microsoft and especially Ubisoft rolled out over and over and over and over. The Sony lad's few jokes and happiness to be there felt genuine unlike the awful forced banter we get subjected to.

• Where Dafuk is crackdown 3??

Grrr

They said it was delayed to 2017. I imagine it'll be the full package now rather than that split of multiplayer and single player nonsense it was going to be before. Makes way more sense that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the orchestra was boring at the start it was too long.

it was like they went hmm we dont have enough to fill all the time.. i know let have the orchesta play for 10 minutes at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gameplay demo for Nioh. Looks alright but the narrator for the video is speaking Irish. Really weird

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Venom wrote: »
    The Kinect reveal was bad in a lying through there teeth way along with the creepy pets game + child actor combo. But this.....

is a damm horror show in comparison!

WOW! Ok now I see what you mean that was the cringiest thing I have seen in a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Gameplay demo for Nioh. Looks alright but the narrator for the video is speaking Irish. Really weird

You do realize there has been a playable demo of it on PSN for a few weeks at this stage?

Also, the prevailing theory about Crackdown seems to be that it was pulled because the cloud-powered destruction physics thing is being shelved so the game is being reworked a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

lawlolawl wrote: »
    You do realize there has been a playable demo of it on PSN for a few weeks at this stage?

Yes, I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Completely forgot about Ace Combat 7. Shame there was nothing about it this year.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    the orchestra was boring at the start it was too long.

it was like they went hmm we dont have enough to fill all the time.. i know let have the orchesta play for 10 minutes at the start

I could not disagree with that more.

It sounds more like impatience than anything else.

They can make the conference shorter if they want, there is no rule on how long it should be.

Also this idea that companies don't have enough to fill the time makes no sense to me. It's not like Xbox, Sony etc don't have other games they could show. They are making a conference that they think will connect with people.

Sony could have shown Gran Turismo, Ni-oh, Persona 5, Abzu.. whatever. Those trailers are still out there.

If they start next year the same way, I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Does Zelda have a release date?

Not sure how I feel about the aesthetic of it. Seems washed out looking imho.
    Also, the world seemed pretty, but empty.

I of course it is awesome, but was not blown away at all.

Oh I know they wouldn't. I was on about from the Square Enix conference :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cormac... wrote: »
    Does Zelda have a release date?

Not sure how I feel about the aesthetic of it. Seems washed out looking imho.
    Also, the world seemed pretty, but empty.

I of course it is awesome, but was not blown away at all.

Have they said whether it will be only on the Wii U or will there be a version for NX? Have they mentioned any details on the NX or its lineup so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Have they said whether it will be only on the Wii U or will there be a version for NX? Have they mentioned any details on the NX or its lineup so far?

It will be released simultaneously on both consoles. No details have been released about the NX, all rumour at this stage. Nothing official about its lineup either apart from Zelda and Just Dance 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I could not disagree with that more.

It sounds more like impatience than anything else.

They can make the conference shorter if they want, there is no rule on how long it should be.

Also this idea that companies don't have enough to fill the time makes no sense to me. It's not like Xbox, Sony etc don't have other games they could show. They are making a conference that they think will connect with people.

Sony could have shown Gran Turismo, Ni-oh, Persona 5, Abzu.. whatever. Those trailers are still out there.

If they start next year the same way, I'd be delighted.
    Did Sony really need to spend 10 minutes on the orchestra at the opening?

That's 10 minutes that could have been spent showcasing amazing indie games coming to PS4. Maybe there wasn't much to show.

It seems Xbox is the new home lately for indie games. It's nice at E3 to see big players like Microsoft highlight indie studios and titles who don't really get a big spotlight like E3 every year. It's a shame Sony doesn't think they are as important this year.

So my question is if you had a choice between 10 minutes of a Orchestra or 10 minutes of showcasing indie titles which would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Sooooo.... No "Red Dead"?

• Advertisement

Did Sony really need to spend 10 minutes on the orchestra at the opening?

It seems Xbox is the new home lately for indie games. It's nice at E3 to see big players like Microsoft highlight indie studios and titles who don't really get a big spotlight like E3 every year. It's a shame Sony doesn't think they are as important this year.

So my question is if you had a choice between 10 minutes of a Orchestra or 10 minutes of showcasing indie titles which would you choose?

Do you have to exaggerate everything? The opening song wasn't even 5 minutes long.

That orchestra played throughout the conference so ya, I'll take the orchestra over an indie sizzle reel. I can watch that trailer after like I have done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement