Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What actually will the Batman VR game be like,Is there any details on it?.
    I couldn't imagine it would be like a first person Arkham game, maybe more of a cinematic VR one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The only thing VR related that has me excited so far is Fallout 4 VR. That sounds awesome!

If they made Battlefield 1 VR, I'd lost my shít! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Benzino wrote: »
    You mean camera footage from other folks playing it? Any of Gone Days,really like the look of that!

The Giant Bomb guys were saying the Days Gone demo shows just a little bit more than the demo shown at the Sony conference with just extra way to use the landscape to slow down or kill the zombie horde. Saying that the game looks the business.

Would Batman VR not have players puking their guts up due to all the gliding and grapple-hook action those games tend to have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The only thing VR related that has me excited so far is Fallout 4 VR. That sounds awesome!

If they made Battlefield 1 VR, I'd lost my shít! :eek:

The new CoD VR demo looked pretty cool.

Out of interest what ever happened to No Man's sky? That game seems to have fallen into a PR black hole :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Venom wrote: »
    The CoD VR looked pretty cool.

CoD got to focused on be something it's not and it's terrible now.

• Advertisement

The new CoD VR demo looked pretty cool.

Out of interest what ever happened to No Man's sky? That game seems to have fallen into a PR black hole :(

Delayed till 2017 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    CoD got to focused on be something it's not and it's terrible now.
    Yes. It was difficult to watch the footage of the COD campaign.

I am just gobsmacked where the franchise has ended up.

Then the COD4 remastered footage came on and I was like this is much more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I actually like the like of the new CoD campaign from what they've shown. I do worry that the space battle stuff will be utterly linear and probably only contained to a couple of short sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I would love a Vietnam version of CoD (or a Vietnam version of anything tbh), complete with the period soundtrack. The fact that it was such a controversial war unfortunately scares developers away.

I downloaded the Resident Evil demo but that's as far as I got. I'm such a wimp when it comes to survival horror, especially in first person.

I watched a let's play though, definitely looks interesting. Need to find ways of thickening my skin before release. Suggestions welcome!

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I would love a Vietnam version of CoD (or a Vietnam version of anything tbh), complete with the period soundtrack. The fact that it was such a controversial war unfortunately scares developers away.

Not at all. Battlefield did Vietnam before and it was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Benzino wrote: »
    You mean camera footage from other folks playing it? Any of Gone Days,really like the look of that!

That plus some sites have dedicated footage like IGN has Mafia stuff and I think gamstop have Gwent gameplay and dev interviews so I'm sure there are others like it.

Read another report on batman vr and not sounding great now. Talk to alfred, go to batcave, go to crime scene, use gadgets to analyse crime scene like the main games. No word of gliding around. Game is 1.5 hours with replayability to get 1 more play through out of it.

Sounding true what a few others are saying that these VR games sound nothing more than fancy tech demos. Resi 7 could still be a class experience. No interest in playing through fallout 4 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    If they made Battlefield 1 VR, I'd lost my shít!

I'm not sure if a vr fps would work well

Yes. It was difficult to watch the footage of the COD campaign.

I am just gobsmacked where the franchise has ended up.

Then the COD4 remastered footage came on and I was like this is much more like it.

Advanced Warfare was the end for me. It was like the developers looked at how well received Titanfall was and said we should just put jump packs on ours guys, we can't loose.

Advanced Warfare was the end for me. It was like the developers looked at how well received Titanfall was and said we should just put jump packs on ours guys, we can't loose.

Wasn't Advanced Warfare in development before Titanfall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ItsHoggie wrote:

I'm convinced that every cod game is only in development for about a month

ItsHoggie wrote: »

AW was released November 14 and Sledgehammer previous game was released November 11 so probably late 2011/early 2012 by the time AW was in development.

Titanfall began development in 2011.

I also don't remember any of the wall running etc in the early AW material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm convinced that every cod game is only in development for about a month

It would not shock me as if you have 400 + programers working on something it will be done in a month ha ha,

There is prob just one guy making trees :P

AW was released November 14 and Sledgehammer previous game was released November 11 so probably late 2011/early 2012 by the time AW was in development.

Titanfall began development in 2011.

I also don't remember any of the wall running etc in the early AW material.

Yeah supposedly late 2011, but wasn't Titanfall created by previous Sledgehammer employees? so could explain why the games are similar in ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yeah supposedly late 2011, but wasn't Titanfall created by previous Sledgehammer employees? so could explain why the games are similar in ways.

Infinity Ward staff who set up Respawn

Infinity Ward staff who set up Respawn

Knew it was one of them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitely a generation jump. We are talking 4k on consoles. If thats not next gen I don't know what is.

How do you think PC game development works. Loads of gamers are out there with all kinds of rigs and they make it work. So it should be childs play to make an Xbox Scorpio version and work downward to the Xbox One S and the base model.

I expect sales of the Scorpio to be insane anyway so they'll most likely priotise the Scorpio and work their way down to Xbox One.

Better graphics, frame rate, loading, and resolution. Most graphically intense games on Xbox One are like 900p at 30 fps so the Scorpio will be a giant leap.

The Scorpio is the first real next gen console. The others have been just a stopgap.

How is it a next gen console if it plays games made for the XBox One (the current gen console)?

I'm not denying the graphical capabilities of the Scorpio (though we haven't seen any anyway). But it's a different variation of the same console, not a next gen console. If they're considering it a next gen console, they badly, badly f*cked up the announcement for it.

It's a hardware revision of the current gen console, not a next gen console. Let's treat it as such.

Penn wrote: »
    How is it a next gen console if it plays games made for the XBox One (the current gen console)?
    I don't see the logic in how this means the Scorpio is not a next generation console. When the Nintendo Wii was released it could play Gamecube games.
    Penn wrote: »
    I'm not denying the graphical capabilities of the Scorpio (though we haven't seen any anyway). But it's a different variation of the same console, not a next gen console. If they're considering it a next gen console, they badly, badly f*cked up the announcement for it.

It's a hardware revision of the current gen console, not a next gen console. Let's treat it as such.
    Its a next gen console. Simples. Sony are no doubt going to get to work on a plan for some form of competition to stay in the running since the PS4 Neo will be under powered in comparison.

Its a console targeting 4K which has never been done before so of course its next gen. A hardware revision looks more like PS4 Neo, a slight improvement. The Scorpio is a giant leap forward. Its not a slight step up a revision chart.

MS f*cked up with the announcement of the One and they've doing the same with the Scorpio, at least Sony are clear with what they're doing with the Neo.

MS f*cked up with the announcement of the One and they've doing the same with the Scorpio, at least Sony are clear with what they're doing with the Neo.
    Seems incredibly clear and concise to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

I don't see the logic in how this means the Scorpio is not a next generation console. When the Nintendo Wii was released it could play Gamecube games.

Because it will not be playing the "next generation" of games, simples.

It will be playing the same generation of games the Xbox One will.
    I dont see the Neo as next gen either.

Like previously mentioned. Microsoft is trying to get rid of the whole "generation" thing. If the Scorpio didn't support current games, it would most definitely be next gen but they want to break away from the whole gen thing so won't classify Scorpio as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Doge wrote: »

Gonna be 4th wall breaking shıt when the Scorpio gets Xbox One remakes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It was supposed to come out on the 21st of this month but has been delayed to August 9th now which is why we didn't see anything regarding it at E3.

Doge wrote: »

From now on all games for both PS4 and XB1 will play on all future generations going forward.

You can't really think that Sony and Microsoft and going to get you to invest in hundreds of digital games and then be like "Sorry lads, here is the next gen console so you can no longer play that library of 300 games you purchased"

Its a 4k gaming console. It does not get much more next generation than that. The technology to create this machine wont even be in production for a good few months and its cutting edge AMD tech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's backwards compatibility, not forward compatibility. Try sticking one of your Xbox One disks into a 360 and let us know how you get on.
    Its a next gen console. Simples. Sony are no doubt going to get to work on a plan for some form of competition to stay in the running since the PS4 Neo will be under powered in comparison.

Its a console targeting 4K which has never been done before so of course its next gen. A hardware revision looks more like PS4 Neo, a slight improvement. The Scorpio is a giant leap forward. Its not a slight step up a revision chart.

Again, not denying the graphical upgrade. That's not the issue. But better graphics isn't enough to make it a next gen console.

From Phil Spencer himself:

Given the power of the Scorpio, should it be considered a refresh of the Xbox One, or are we looking at, actually, the next-generation of what you are doing in terms of console? Is that actually the fair assessment of it?

Phil Spencer: That fact that when you buy an Xbox One and start creating your game library and when you buy Scorpio those games and accessories and everything are going to run, make it feel like part of the Xbox One family to me. That's why we communicate it that way. That was also part of the design point of the box.

Last year we announced backward compatibility, which at the time I think people looked at as, hey, can you get your Xbox 360 customers to buy an Xbox One? And yes, that's an important part of it. But really from a soul standpoint, we're thinking about when you buy your games from us, we want you to be able to play those games on the hardware we sell to you.

That's why we say beyond generations. The idea, is this part of the previous generation or the next generation gets a little blurry. For you and I, we usually think about generations in terms of what games will it play? This thing will play Ryse: Son of Rome, a launch game for your Xbox One. And we'll have launch Scorpio games as well that are playable on an Xbox One, Xbox One S and Scorpio and look great on all three of them.

So the idea of a generation is a little difficult to stretch on to this. That's why I focus on 4K and say this is really a six teraflop console built to support 4K and the power of high fidelity VR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement