Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Megathread

Options
  • 17-05-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anybody got a spare ticket ? I thought i was on hols when these gigs were announced so didnt book any , i live in Cork but am off on hols the day the play here (june15) .

Saw them 30+ times so am a genuine fan , most recently in brixton and manchester last november - brilliant show - Repentless a great way to open show .

Anyhow just thought id ask , to those of you going - its brilliant - enjoy !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Anybody got a spare ticket ? I thought i was on hols when these gigs were announced so didnt book any , i live in Cork but am off on hols the day the play here (june15) .

Saw them 30+ times so am a genuine fan , most recently in brixton and manchester last november - brilliant show - Repentless a great way to open show .

Anyhow just thought id ask , to those of you going - its brilliant - enjoy !

The Marquee isn't sold out. You can still get them on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Degag wrote: »
    The Marquee isn't sold out. You can still get them on Ticketmaster.

Im off on hols that day , booked before gig was announced so thought id try go to Dublin the night b4 instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Toutless is probably your best bet mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Whats the Olympia like for getting to the standing area from the seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bushball wrote: »
    Whats the Olympia like for getting to the standing area from the seated?

Not connected; different entrances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can't bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

STAGE TIMES FOR SLAYER X ANTHRAX @olympiatheatre
    7pm Doors
    8pm @Anthrax
    9.30pm @Slayer
    **Please note, this show is completely SOLD OUT*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Best pubs for pregig pints near to the Olympia?

Peadar Kearney's is nice, great Guinness. About 60 seconds walk from the venue.

Brogans is decent too, literally right beside it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foggy Dew is a good spot too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Didn't realise they were playing again.

Enjoy the gig! They were fantastic when I saw them a couple of years ago.

Good gig but i thought the crowd were woeful up until South of Heaven!

Degag wrote: »
    Good gig but i thought the crowd were woeful up until South of Heaven!

They were very sedate alright.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Olympia is a terrible venue for a metal gig.

They were very sedate alright.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Olympia is a terrible venue for a metal gig.
    Yeah not the best. Have been at both Academy gigs and they were definately better for atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Agree with above, crowd was quiet, and thanks to the two arseholes in front of me all night videoing every god damn minute of it so I couldn't see until I lost the head.
    **** sake that's what youtube is for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Agree with above, crowd was quiet, and thanks to the two arseholes in front of me all night videoing every god damn minute of it so I couldn't see until I lost the head.

You're right about people going to gigs only to watch through a lens wrong about YouTube whose slogan has been broadcast yourself! since its inception, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Where do you think the videos on Youtube come from?:D!!

Heading to see them tonight in Cork.
    Anyone got a set-list for last night?
    Is the tour Merchandise ridiculously overpriced?

thelungs wrote: »
    Where do you think the videos on Youtube come from?:D!!

Heading to see them tonight in Cork.
    Anyone got a set-list for last night?
    Is the tour Merchandise ridiculously overpriced?

Can't remember the full list but they played the usuals like Seasons, south of heaven, war ensemble, reign in blood, angel of death, fight til death etc and some new tracks incl repentless.

T-shirts were €35 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's bloody atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Any idea what time Anthrax will be on stage in Cork tonight?
    Doors open at 6:30 so would assume 7:30. Have been hearing that a lot of the gigs in the Marquee are finishing early this year so don't want to miss anything but want a few pints beforehand ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You're in for a good gig.
    Anthrax were good - a good mix of old and new.
    Slayer were excellent!

Nbi7BHYVH7sURlzOFFP-AzhL3X7ZvIzjbmtDUQgUa3Sfo2sDyypzd7LSAD3xr6EWqXLkqDwej6E4U5xr_nCI09Afv8wice0bk3xFuV7V4iv9FIwcSg3SiXa0kiiLJ9pKEm72Kwtd5I9fYrhGvyF0pY-2OZ_NRHYBme4_ggr4gOWulG2eKU_L_W1nv0J7ouBsawPo9d_byT9GajrSwAwc7nSVf2cGnI11hO-zvoUafbIUeemeoVh6jDdMskMgIg-zrhsJe3bbHyVnS1QPazVuyEtelLvB3ZeRIhm8CslXbtcEGxNY9XuTlWv8x_Gryp9mYfB31-AzRD2jaLtISaf7j_8nod3bFSYn2J-oXOKnmZvn6yBH2XlGPcTWpKdytaY4TnnSM5gCY6qZFnsfzyfOsSSPS5I8EtR31L9Ur6igs-i3-gBW_HCbgrrX5D7MOp89_Rbr_AsICXxozK0XUSdbnVsoaauVPVCrp7KbWgwcoZn4wxzV6rikuJ710EEWmCVw71vKOr-UID_qW8jmiqkTpGlJiANRrmtyYF9iEHsufnZMYK32aEpeyqNZZSZK9DvfZd3amOWRr8zmNEG_M1-0VX3mOr63ylE=w1204-h677-no

Its 30 years since I saw Anthrax. SFX hall supporting Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour and they blew Metallica away that night.
    Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Its 30 years since I saw Anthrax. SFX hall supporting Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour and they blew Metallica away that night.

Jayzus. Another old fella! See you in the pensioner's section!

First time I saw Anthrax was 89 at the "infamous" Top Hat show and Slayer 94 in the SFX with Bostaph on drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Was there as well.

James Hetfield handing out beers from the stage at the end of the gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Jayzus. Another old fella! See you in the pensioner's section!

First time I saw Anthrax was 89 at the "infamous" Top Hat show and Slayer 94 in the SFX with Bostaph on drums.
    I remember selling my ticket outside the top hat for a fortune..got back to bruxelles..got pissed..found out they walked off stage..no refunds..those where the days.

drake70 wrote: »
    Was there as well.

James Hetfield handing out beers from the stage at the end of the gig :D

We walked back to the Gresham as we knew that was where they were staying and yapped away to a variety of people on the way. We were nearly back at the hotel when we realised one of the people walking with us was Scott Ian. He sent Metallica out to us and they spent about 30 minutes just chilling on the steps with us. Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

We walked back to the Gresham as we knew that was where they were staying and yapped away to a variety of people on the way. We were nearly back at the hotel when we realised one of the people walking with us was Scott Ian. He sent Metallica out to us and they spent about 30 minutes just chilling on the steps with us. Great night.

Ah, that's deadly. Great pic of Cliff, he played an amazing bass solo that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

YE22Hbt.jpg

Cork.

Sound mix was pretty horrible for both bands. Spent a lot of time on the right hand side of the stage where I could see Gary Holt but not hear him. The left side sounded a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

As an older fan, I really enjoyed them both. I dont think I saw Slayer before but they were good. I didnt know a lot of the songs but it was well worth seeing, Bostaph on drums was a pleasure to watch and listen to, and Tom Araya still has it.

Anthrax - last time I saw them was the ill-fated gig in the Top Hat Dun Laoghaire, so was glad to see them again. Scott Ian is cool!

Advertisement