Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great gig really enjoyed it. Holt is a sick guitarist, his face presence is excellent too. Anthrax were good, surprised I remembered so much of their stuff, the front man worked the crowd well and pumped for Slayer.

Love the way Slayer come out lash out the songs, not much breaks, not much talking to the crowd and then goodnight thanks for coming out. Pure business.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

Cork gig was great, so happy Anthrax played a lot of the old stuff (dont like Bush's Anthrax) and Slayer were unreal. Sound was a bit poor, like the speakers were under pressure. When Paul was blasting away the speakers just sounded bad. Marquee is a great venue but I though the crowd were very quite. I haven't seen a Thrash band live in years and to be honest I was expecting a lot more from the crowd. Still I had waited over 20 years to see both bands so well worth it. Why the **** do the only sell Carlsberg and Guinness???? Heinken ye mother ****ers...my head was killing me the next day....

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

mikeweed wrote: »
    Cork gig was great, so happy Anthrax played a lot of the old stuff (dont like Bush's Anthrax) and Slayer were unreal. Sound was a bit poor, like the speakers were under pressure. When Paul was blasting away the speakers just sounded bad. Marquee is a great venue but I though the crowd were very quite. I haven't seen a Thrash band live in years and to be honest I was expecting a lot more from the crowd. Still I had waited over 20 years to see both bands so well worth it. Why the **** do the only sell Carlsberg and Guinness???? Heinken ye mother ****ers...my head was killing me the next day....

Crowd were giving it welly.great gig sound was poor smithwicks was there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Did anthrax play 'Bring the noise'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

They didn't in Dublin.

• Advertisement

That's a hip hope tune at a slayer concert, **** no!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

rob316 wrote: »
    Great gig really enjoyed it. Holt is a sick guitarist, his face presence is excellent too. Anthrax were good, surprised I remembered so much of their stuff, the front man worked the crowd well and pumped for Slayer.

Love the way Slayer come out lash out the songs, not much breaks, not much talking to the crowd and then goodnight thanks for coming out. Pure business.

His "face presence"? WTAF?

His "face presence"? WTAF?

Like his stage presence, he's an entertainer, he looks into the crowd and interacts, shows a lot of energy as opposed to just staring down at the neck of the guitar for the whole gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Seems Tom decided to go instrument shopping whilst in Dublin.:)

https://youtu.be/KyjgkNY38Fk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Dublin gig was great....was on the upper circle....great sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

https://twitter.com/Slayer/status/955453754450493441?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Really hope this doesn't mean what I think it does. I've a feeling Tom has had enough and finds touring hard now. Sad that they may be the first of the trash originals to call it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Packin' it in for sure imagine Euro dates are end of year or 2019 even.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tom has been hinting at it as far back as 2016.

End of an area, ill have to catch a few of these.

Please play somewhere better than the Marquee in Cork, the sound is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Knew this was coming sooner rather than later but thought there might be one more album first.

Hope they come to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

About time to be honest. I wish more bands would realise when they're past their sell-by date.

But their early output from Show No Mercy to Seasons in the Abyss has cemented them as one of my all time favourite metal bands. I'm thankful for their influence and legacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I've seen them 3 times over the last number of years and have always had a cracking time though the last time was in the Olympia which is cat for a metal gig, will defo go and see them when they play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

About time to be honest. I wish more bands would realise when they're past their sell-by date.

But their early output from Show No Mercy to Seasons in the Abyss has cemented them as one of my all time favourite metal bands. I'm thankful for their influence and legacy.

always find these kind of statements odd, its not up to fans to make artists decisions to stop, its up to them and them alone. we as fan should be happy for them to be around, for them to be still able to make their music, and for them to be happy to do so. if they are not happy to do all that, its probably time to stop, but that is their decision, not ours. if your favorite artists are not making music that you like, move on, and wish them well, and thank them for producing music you do like. its a pet peeve i have with the world of metal.

i wish the folks of slayer the best of luck and thank you

Could the thread be renamed to something else perhaps? A bit misleading!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    always find these kind of statements odd, its not up to fans to make artists decisions to stop, its up to them and them alone. we as fan should be happy for them to be around, for them to be still able to make their music, and for them to be happy to do so. if they are not happy to do all that, its probably time to stop, but that is their decision, not ours. if your favorite artists are not making music that you like, move on, and wish them well, and thank them for producing music you do like. its a pet peeve i have with the world of metal.

i wish the folks of slayer the best of luck and thank you
    I had another specific member of The Big Four in mind when I was typing that. I'll leave you guessing which band ;)

• Advertisement

They're going to be supported by Anthrax, Lamb of God, Testament and Behemoth in North America. Would the 3arena be a viable option here if the support was similar?

Degag wrote: »
    They're going to be supported by Anthrax, Lamb of God, Testament and Behemoth in North America. Would the 3arena be a viable option here if the support was similar?

There is zero chance of getting that kind of support line up over here unfortunately.

There is zero chance of getting that kind of support line up over here unfortunately.
    Ah yeah but if they got Anthrax or Lamb of God and Testament or Behemoth maybe. Megadeth did the Point a few years ago with LOG. Not sure how it sold though.

Ah yeah but if they got Anthrax or Lamb of God and Testament or Behemoth maybe. Megadeth did the Point a few years ago with LOG. Not sure how it sold though.

Megadeth are much more "accessible" than Slayer and would attract alot of the hair rocker crowd.

I'd LOVE to see them on a big stage like the 3 though along with their full stage setup but alas I doubt it will ever happen.

Ya the Megadeth show in the 3 I guess they sold somewhere around 4.5-6k which in isolation is you'd have to say not too bad for a metal gig here tbf but given it was the point that's only close to half full or so doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hot tube productions

Yeah, in general I prefer smaller venues!

They should do their farewell tour with Elton John.

Saturday Nights alright for Mandatory Suicide
    Crocodile Rock in the Abyss
    Rocketman Postmortem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Could the thread be renamed to something else perhaps? A bit misleading!

Just reported this thread, maybe a mod will then change it

Every time i log into boards i see 'SLAYER JUNE 14TH" and get myself all excited, then 5 seconds later i realise it's an oldie and shout DOH, Every ****in time:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Repentless is the last Slayer album, well that's if Gary Holt is to believed.
    No. No, there's no new album. I'd say it's a no. But my name is Gary 'No Comment' Holt today. I don't know nothing.

Advertisement