Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just reported this thread, maybe a mod will then change it

Every time i log into boards i see 'SLAYER JUNE 14TH" and get myself all excited, then 5 seconds later i realise it's an oldie and shout DOH, Every ****in time:mad::mad:

Did it there earlier :pac:

Gonna be weird not having Slayer around, kinda hard to imagine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Angron wrote: »
    Did it there earlier :pac:

Gonna be weird not having Slayer around, kinda hard to imagine really.
    Have to imagine it's mostly down to Tom. He's been pretty vocal down the years of not liking touring and wanting to finish up sooner rather than later. His body has gotten some battering too!

KK not a fan of touring either but i always got the impression it didn't bother him as much as Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Reign In Blood is their best album. However, I find Slayer overall puerile.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Puerile? In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah for a band who's songs/lyrics cover stuff like murder, serial killers, necrophilia, torture, genocide, human experimentation, Satanism, hate crimes, terrorism, religion, antireligion, Nazism and war..

I'm not sure puerile is the word I'd use..

• Advertisement

After googling the meaning of the word I can safely say Slayer are not puerile.

Of the "Big Four" they probably take their craft the most serious i would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Not puerile obviously, but way past their sell-by date IMO ...so a Slayer farewell tour is long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Sheridan81 wrote: »

Troll alert, methinks....check the Iron Maiden thread as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Holy fckuing shytballs.

Slayer

Obituary

Lamb of God

Anthrax

Three Arena

Thursday 1st of November.

OMFNG!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Holy fckuing shytballs.

Slayer

Obituary

Lamb of God

Anthrax

Three Arena

OMFNG!!!!!!!!!!!

What a send off. Holy **** that's unreal

Megadeth are much more "accessible" than Slayer and would attract alot of the hair rocker crowd.

I'd LOVE to see them on a big stage like the 3 though along with their full stage setup but alas I doubt it will ever happen.

Never been happier to be wrong.

I'd love if Behemoth were on the bill too but Obituary I'm delighted with, they are unreal live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Holy fckuing shytballs.

Slayer

Obituary

Lamb of God

Anthrax

Three Arena

OMFNG!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably wait til a bit closer to get my tickets for this.

Good lord what a final gig this is going to be. Be my 4th time seeing them.

And ****ing Obituary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Really bringing the young guns in tow for this tour :D:D:D

Awesome! Part of me wishing its not 2 gigs in the academy so i could go to both but this should be amazing.

Anyone know how you cn be eligiible for the presale on wednesday?

Degag wrote: »
    Awesome! Part of me wishing its not 2 gigs in the academy so i could go to both but this should be amazing.

Think you have to be a 3 customer and sign up for their rewards. Wouldnt worry tbh, no chance this will sell out.

Think you have to be a 3 customer and sign up for their rewards. Wouldnt worry tbh, no chance this will sell out.

Ah yeah, i know i'm more likely to go for seated though so would like something close. Whats it like in the 3arena - is the seating far back from the stage?

Went to one of the Academy ones previously think it was towards the end of their summer run then, was phoned in I thought but saw them at Graspop 2 years after and were much improved so could be a good thing we have the first date of the Euro trek here. I'll likely give them one last hurrah anyhow.

As said 3 customer with 3 plus app, there is alternatively their fan presale https://www.slatanicwehrmacht.com/ requires a $20 membership to access but as said it's not gonna be a rapid ticket mover.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭BurnUp78

Meh Slayer are grand like.. but Obituary are the only reason I'm heading to this. Anthrax will be a long piss break.

• Advertisement

Lads, i've seen Slayer a few times in the last 4-5 years and they are (still) an amazing live band. Maybe not the same intensity as 10+ years ago but still great in my mind.

My only regret is never seeing Lombardo play live with them, because while Bostoph is competant, he aint no Dave and that would certainly add to the experience in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

It would be rude not to go to this. Pre-sale code for anyone interested which worked for me...

H3M42Q7AX

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ticket bought. Looking forward to this, one last time.

Any opinions on the best seated section?

Feckin Ticketmaster!
    Ticket + Slayer Fan Club Membership €59.50 ea + Fees
    = €59.50 + €25 + €6.85
    = €91.35
    :rolleyes:

Managed to buy using my Three work phone and got it without the Slayer membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Am gonna miss this!! 😣. Will be preparing to head off on my honeymoon. Oh well

Am gonna miss this!! 😣. Will be preparing to head off on my honeymoon. Oh well
    Tsk. You'll have your whole life with Mrs Mental Mickey. You'll never get to see Slayer again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Tsk. You'll have your whole life with Mrs Mental Mickey. You'll never get to see Slayer again!

I know!!! Timing is ****ing BRUTAL!!

Any opinions on the best seated section?

E,D,C are the best

Only G and A showing for presale so I'm gonna hold off till general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got 2 in block F in the 3 presale along with a pair of Alphine Ear plugs for €147.65

Should be a good gig, only seen Metallica out of the big 4. Be nice to get Slayer and Anthrax off the list

Advertisement