Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭dasdog

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got 2 in block F in the 3 presale along with a pair of Alphine Ear plugs for €147.65

Should be a good gig, only seen Metallica out of the big 4. Be nice to get Slayer and Anthrax off the list

They were the only of the big four I missed seeing 1988-9. And D.R.I but I'm making amends for that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Over half tickets gone already. Surprised at that, love if it was a sell out. They were in the Marquee last year and there was only a couple thousand, I got about 5 free tickets for it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anyone heard the radio ads yet?
    Strange hearing an ad with Raining Blood blaring!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

rob316 wrote: »
    Over half tickets gone already. Surprised at that, love if it was a sell out. They were in the Marquee last year and there was only a couple thousand, I got about 5 free tickets for it.

It's probably only standing and lower tier, still, if they sell that out it'll be impressive

i stand corrected, it's the full arena

how come on ticketbastard site i can only see seats in upper tier??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »
    how come on ticketbastard site i can only see seats in upper tier??

They want to flog them first me thinks, I was on earlier will hold off I'd say my preference would be good seats, shall go standing if needs be down the line.

They want to flog them first me thinks, I was on earlier will hold off I'd say my preference would be good seats, shall go standing if needs be down the line.

same here, in no rush at all, be PLENTY of tickets/comps flying about closer to gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Better seated tickets now available, just got mine for block D.

Noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

scudzilla wrote: »
    same here, in no rush at all, be PLENTY of tickets/comps flying about closer to gig.

And where would one get these ? :p;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Be great crossing Anthrax off "Seen them live" list, only band from the Big 4 I haven't seen, and have missed them the last time they were in Ireland...

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Be great crossing Anthrax off "Seen them live" list, only band from the Big 4 I haven't seen, and have missed them the last time they were in Ireland...
    As someone who has seen them around 10 times great live but kinda very stale lately IMO should be dropped from bill if they refuse to remove those crap covers ,guarantee Be All and playing something from Persistence (discounting that previously stated cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Re poor fella going on his honeymoon above, I feel your pain, I missed Black Sabbath for my honeymoon last year. Still hurts. Tried to get tickets to their Birmingham show but was sold out :/

Cant wait for this. Hoping for plenty of their older tunes, first time for me seeing them

greenspurs wrote: »
    And where would one get these ? :p;)

2/3 wks before the gig MCD will do a big sales push, probably have tickets every hour over a weekend to give away on Nova. Social media places like overdrive etc will prob have comps too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

'Very Limited' tickets available according to MCD. Surely an exaggeration???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

xpletiv wrote: »
    Re poor fella going on his honeymoon above, I feel your pain, I missed Black Sabbath for my honeymoon last year. Still hurts. Tried to get tickets to their Birmingham show but was sold out :/

Cant wait for this. Hoping for plenty of their older tunes, first time for me seeing them

Lol thanks

Degag wrote: »
    'Very Limited' tickets available according to MCD. Surely an exaggeration???

Hard to know. In the recent past they sold out three nights on the same tour so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it will nearly sell out. It would be great to see them in a nearly full venue. In terms of pricing you get 4 cracking bands for €65 where as with say Sabbath it was €100 for one cracking band and only 12 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ah crap, I'm going to have to get them now aren't I.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Depressed that I've missed out on this. Saw them in Cork the last time and I heard they were giving away tickets for free at the door coz they couldn't sell them. If anyone knows where I can get two standing tickets please help me out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All standing tickets for the gig in November have SOLD OUT.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    All standing tickets for the gig in November have SOLD OUT.

I'd imagine they will try and shift some of the less attractive seated tickets then suddenly announce more standing seats are available.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

I'd imagine they will try and shift some of the less attractive seated tickets then suddenly announce more standing seats are available.

I'm desperate for two standing tickets. Is this something you think is likely, and when do you think I should keep an eye out? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Would appreciate if anyone has standing tickets for sale, I'd gladly take 1 or two!,, obviously Lily should get first refusal, cheers, ðŸ˜႒

I'm desperate for two standing tickets. Is this something you think is likely, and when do you think I should keep an eye out? Thanks.

I could be very wrong but I was at Maiden and Sabbath in the Three last year. Neither were close to being sold out and imo they would be much bigger draws than Slayer.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that more standing tickets will be released nearer the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I could be very wrong but I was at Maiden and Sabbath in the Three last year. Neither were close to being sold out and imo they would be much bigger draws than Slayer.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that more standing tickets will be released nearer the date.

Pretty sure it was announced that Maiden sold out. I was outside anyway with a tickets wanted sign. Got one. Seemed full enough.

Anyway, tickets will materialise closer to November. It's likely there wil be another ticket run through ticketmaster closer to the event. And always keep an eye on the Toutless website. They will definately be people starting to sell on that in October - when people have change of plans.

Was at Maiden and was most definitely sold out and was advertised as so. Wasn't at Sabbath but know it wasn't sold out tickets were about 30 quid more than Maiden and aren't the same draw but it was their last tour.

Official video from the night...

Was at Maiden and was most definitely sold out and was advertised as so. Wasn't at Sabbath but know it wasn't sold out tickets were about 30 quid more than Maiden and aren't the same draw but it was their last tour.

Official video from the night...

Didn't think Maiden was a sell out at all tbh. I'm basing it on the fact that I had a huge amount of space around me at all times and I was by no means standing near doors / back walls etc. Maybe organisers have to leave so much space for health and safety reasons but at other gigs that Ive been to that were sellouts eg Fear Factory or Machine Head in the Academy, the standing areas were all packed and I was shoulder to shoulder with other attendees. At no point did that happen at Maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

In my experience if you're at a sold out gig you bloody well know it: I've never been to one that didn't feel wedged like a sardine tin, in all kinds of venues. If you can move around with any degree of comfort then the strong odds are it isn't a sellout

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Maiden was certainly a sellout in terms of not being able to buy tickets anyway, I had to buy tickets elsewhere because I waited too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Anyway, tickets will materialise closer to November. It's likely there wil be another ticket run through ticketmaster closer to the event.

I wouldn't be sure of a second run of tickets. The word I'm hearing is that it's a legit sellout and as such they (promoter) don't need to play any games/sales tactics with "making tickets available" closer to the date. Could be wrong but that is my understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Tickets (seated) released for this again this morning

Advertisement