Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap car insurance?

• 17-05-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

hi

was wondering can anyone recommend any cheap car insurance for this year?
    I've 7y NCB, driving over 15y no damage what so ever.
    my current renewal is 857eur, which is overkill, can i get any cheaper than this?
    third parties cover would also suit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call them all, there's no cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭lisij

Call them all, there's no cheapest.

did that :( no help, they all in region for 820-900 some are stupid for 1500
    just wondered if some one might have a secret hidden gem insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

lisij wrote: »
    did that :( no help, they all in region for 820-900 some are stupid for 1500
    just wondered if some one might have a secret hidden gem insurance

No such animal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Unfortunately that advice is so true when it comes to car insurance.
    There seems to be vast differences in what they charge, I have no idea what criteria some companies build into the quoting software.

You just have to spend a few hours online putting all your details into the various websites and seeing what comes up.
    The majority of them you'll find no difference, but there might just be one that will save you a couple of huundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 muggins77

yha mine doubled and for the first time if i am in a crash i will be going to hospital first then solicitor. never claimed in my life for anything but will in future. claims are down but they still put it up. guy crashed in to me four years ago i just let him fix the car at cost of 350. and i was out work for week with frozen shoulder. wonder if that statut of limitations means i can claim after four years . my shoulder still gives trouble in winter. will check that out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You've two years. So you're too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What car op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have you tried the brokers OP. Dont restrict your self to home town ones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Just renewed tonight 390. Up from 360 last year. Every where else was 500 to 700 when we rang/online.

Advertisement