Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debran Authentic indian Swords - Open or Closed?

Options
  • 17-05-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I was told about this place the other day, and I went to order this evening, but both phone numbers don't seem to exist, or have been disconnected.
    Anyone know what the story is with it?

http://debran.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I walked past their premises at 7.15 last night. There was a sign on the door which stated: 'closed for renovations'. There was a number of letters on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I presume the sign was to give collectors the impression they were coming back?

Although I was told it was good....

Phone gone, mail uncollected. I guess they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Allyall wrote: »
    I presume the sign was to give collectors the impression they were coming back?

For some reason food service businesses never want to admit they closed down. "renovations" and "water damage" are the two most common ones I've seen

Maybe they think people may assume closures otherwise were related to something nefarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Shame, was in there on a few midweek nights. Very nice food, but across 3 nights we were nearly the only people in the place. For a town it's size swords should be able to support plenty of different restaurants, they obviously can't all survive, but the rejuvenation of the main street can't happen soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

For a town it's size swords should be able to support plenty of different restaurants....

Was it there long ? I didn't know of the place.

Would have thought it'd be tough for them to come in against longer established Indian restaurants like Indi Spice and the Chilli Shaker.

• Advertisement

Was it there long ? I didn't know of the place.

Would have thought it'd be tough for them to come in against longer established Indian restaurants like Indi Spice and the Chilli Shaker.

Even as a takeaway..

I used to love an Indie Spice delivery, but something seemed to change over a year ago. Sometimes you would get what you expected, and sometimes you could get a cold meal, or slightly watery. I don't order from them anymore for fear it may be the latter.
    It has probably changed and is back to normal, but don't fancy risking it. Maybe one day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Looks like its going to re-open as "spice of Life " Indian , Dont quote me on the name though .

sharkman wrote: »
    Looks like its going to re-open as "spice of Life " Indian , Dont quote me on the name though .

Cool, so maybe a rebranding?

Either way, I'm now definitely going to try it.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hopefully it gets up and running again, with it's selling point being that it's a more authentic indian. As has been pointed out there is no shortage of places for a curry around. There is no shortage of places full stop. The council just needs to do it's bit to promote the town centre more so the 38 thousand living around the town come down and keep these places busy ahead of the castle redevelopment.

The flowers and plants fingal did last year, as well as the festival in july was a start

It is beside peter marks, or the cock tavern.

Advertisement