Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Splatoon Internet play over mobile broadband?

• 17-05-2016 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to get their Wii U working when their wifi comes from a mobile broadband connection?

It connects fine for updates etc but splatoon gives "Cannot connect to partner" errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

I tried playing the first splatfest when I didn't have fixed internet yet, it wasn't very successful, a lot of those partner errors as you say.

I'm on three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There'd be high latency on most mobile connections, which would make most online multiplayer games laggy/unplayable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I tried playing the first splatfest when I didn't have fixed internet yet, it wasn't very successful, a lot of those partner errors as you say.

I'm on three.

Cheers for the reply.

Did it work at all? I understand it may be laggy. Did you have to make changes to router settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »
    There'd be high latency on most mobile connections, which would make most online multiplayer games laggy/unplayable.

My ping was very low when I tried this when it came out but it just wouldn't connect. Fairly annoying, as we had just moved not too long before it came out and had t anything set up.
    Still don't have anything set up as we have to get the phone line connected to the house!
    3 4G connection here works for everything else though, apart from Splatoon.

Advertisement