Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFA Qualification

Options
  • 17-05-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I work in energy trading and am wondering would a CFA qualification be something worth pursuing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Best try analystforum.com

I suspect not though, if you're looking to stay in the current role. It's more aimed towards long term investing and valuation, and I think the necessary skills for trading aren't really covered in the program.

Put it this way, I've completed the program and I dare say I'd have little chance of finding myself a trading role because of the qualification.

From your current position and the risk/reward element of the program I'm not sure you'll find it a good use of your time. It's a fairly chunky task. For somebody with a greater leap to get in the door then I'd say yes.

Advertisement