Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYC Documentation

• 17-05-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

I'm flying from Dublin (T2) to NYC, JFK for a short stay.

Can I just double check the documentation required?
    - Passport
    - Flight Tickets / Boarding Pass
    - ESTA (print out)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

you don't need to print out your flight tickets or ESTA - once you produce your Passport and have already done online check-in they will be linked.

You will however, need to complete a Customs Declaration form BEFORE going to CBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

you don't need to print out your flight tickets or ESTA - once you produce your Passport and have already done online check-in they will be linked.

You will however, need to complete a Customs Declaration form BEFORE going to CBP.

Thanks, do I fill out a Customs Declaration at the airport or can this be done in advance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I believe you do it there, I always have anyway. Its only a single page form that you'll pick up on your way through the airport, just fill your details on it etc, takes a few minutes is all.

Here's a link that might help with everything, U.S Preclearance guide from Dublin Airport: https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/us-preclearance-facility

JIdontknow wrote: »
    I believe you do it there, I always have anyway. Its only a single page form that you'll pick up on your way through the airport, just fill your details on it etc, takes a few minutes is all.

Here's a link that might help with everything, U.S Preclearance guide from Dublin Airport: https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/us-preclearance-facility

Very helpful, thank you.

I would also suggest you bring a pen, you might find one laying around where the forms are but handier to have your own (can't remember if when you drop off your bag they give you the form, if not you'll get it further on, you'll see others standing around filling the form out, there's a table or two there with the forms on it) as you go through, I think at the top of the escalator you'll travel up. Don't worry its all relatively straight forward just allow some time for pre-clearance, enjoy NYC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Greenpointers

Just in case you were not aware there are new rules regarding passports for travelling to the US, you need to make sure your passport has a small chip symbol on the front of it. I can't post links but you can search it there's plenty online.

I think all Irish passports issued after 2006 have it anyway so just check to make sure. Enjoy the trip!

Just in case you were not aware there are new rules regarding passports for travelling to the US, you need to make sure your passport has a small chip symbol on the front of it. I can't post links but you can search it there's plenty online.

I think all Irish passports issued after 2006 have it anyway so just check to make sure. Enjoy the trip!

I'd been tipped off on this already, thankfully I already have one. I'd imagine there's a few people been caught out by this.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    I would also suggest you bring a pen, you might find one laying around where the forms are but handier to have your own (can't remember if when you drop off your bag they give you the form, if not you'll get it further on, you'll see others standing around filling the form out, there's a table or two there with the forms on it) as you go through, I think at the top of the escalator you'll travel up. Don't worry its all relatively straight forward just allow some time for pre-clearance, enjoy NYC.

Thanks for the tip on this, every little bit of advice is a big help.

Advertisement