Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal car park

Options
  • 17-05-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for parking near the Bord Gais Theatre and the Grand Canal car park is the closest but it seems very small. Does anyone know are the spaces in it very tight? I don't fancy my car getting damaged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

I've parked there twice and I can say that it is the tightest car park I have ever been in. Absolutely ridiculous even if the charges were cheap which they are not. The countless pillars make life difficult enough but the spaces seem to be designed for Fiat 500's or Minis. I had to let the passengers out before backing in and the reverse going out and it took very careful manouvering to avoid hitting anything. Getting out of and back into the car required various body contortions.

A few spaces were not available because some drivers had encroached on an adjacent space, probably deliberately to avoid being hit by later entrants. There is some work going on there so maybe they are doing something about it. It's impossible to walk to the office going between vehicles as wing mirrors are almost touching.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

It's funny to see that there are no posts on this topic for about 5 years (according to my search for 'Parking Bord Gais Theatre).

I was about to book for a Saturday pm show when I checked the T&Cs:

Your booking does not hold a specific space for you and does not give you priority over other car park users who have not booked.

Booking also requires a minimum six-hour slot (€35.40).

Why inthenameofjaysus would anybody in their right mind book?

Advertisement