Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let's form a band! 35yo, loads of tunes ready to work on...

• 18-05-2016 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

Hey there.

Been thinking about this for years...too many years without acting on it.

I was in a band in my late teens, good times. Then went and did boring stuff like work, get married, and all that.

Anyway, long story short. I am 35, loads of free time these days, used to play drums but I was never that great so would prefer to play bass + supply songs, riffs, ideas.

The thing is, I have a heap of tunes sitting here doing nothing (many in home demo form - bass, drums, guitar, some with my bad vocals, all by me). I believe many of them have great potential when played properly by the right band. I also have some new ones which are good, perhaps very good.

Do you see any of this in yourself? Perhaps you want to recapture your youth, or put your poetry to music, have a good voice but would love to put it to use?

Maybe you're a guitarist who is tight and would love to record a demo, an album, play live again in front of people?

Or you are a drummer who despite being on the money with every beat, nothing much ever happened with this skill of yours?

I am not looking to just jam for the sake of it, did plenty of that in my youth. Really looking for lads who'd like to have a stab at doing some noisey pop songs (think Oasis, Nirvana, Pixies, Weezer, Blur) properly and see what happens.

Sure think about it, and ask any questions you like.

Male, based in Dublin west, laid back, nice guy, looking for like-minded guys/girls.

Cheers!

N.b. you don't have to be Dave Grohl on the drums, or Slash on the guitar. Just be tight and want to make some rocking tunes. An advantage would be a decent lyricist...not a strong point of mine.

Someone with a rehearsal room would be great too! :pac:

Comments

Advertisement