Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrofit Energy Ireland Limited (REIL)?

• 18-05-2016 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right forum for this thread...if not please move to more appropriate section.

I was wondering if anyone had any dealings with Retrofit Energy Ireland Limited (REIL)? I had a guy call to the door last night saying that REIL will provide wall cavity insulation as part of a government grant for €350! He said that a BER rating survey is also included in that price.

I'm always dubious about buying or committing to anyone calling to the door so wanted to see if this was legitimate and a good price. He said he'd call me back next week to see if I was eligible for the grant.

I've also heard mixed reports about cavity wall insulation, so not sure if it's worth investing in it. I know the main problem in my house is the windows!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

Not very many people have a cavity wall that isn't already partially filled with insulation. If its actually a hollow block wall, then the pumped cavity insulation is not suited.
    Did the salesman investigate what is inside the wall, or do you know already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Not very many people have a cavity wall that isn't already partially filled with insulation. If its actually a hollow block wall, then the pumped cavity insulation is not suited. Did the salesman investigate what is inside the wall, or do you know already?

No he didn't look at anything. He took my bord gais electricity number and just said he'd be in touch to see if I was entitled to the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 park2015

one guy came yesterday evening asking me for wall insulation for 500 euro with government grant scheme also included attic insulation with ber energy rating....if any one knows that worth for wall insulation for 500 euro from retrofit energy from meath company..please update here.

Advertisement