Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House building in limerick city

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ghjnr

New houses on the golf links road too right?
    I had a drive down to ros mor for a look. Not exactly thrilled by the location. Do they have problems with anti-social behaviour?

I don't often post, more of a reader of boards, but thought I could help here.

I bought a house in Ros Mor when it was initially built. At the time, I couldn't afford the extra to buy in somewhere like Kylemore which I would have much preferred at the time. TBH, I had the same reservations but was planning to move a few years later.

Fast forward 8 years and I am happily still here. The area is quiet, about the closest new estate to town (about 30 mins walk), and has a good shop near by. The neighbours are nice. A lot of them now have young families and though I am not the biggest fan of kids, these ones seem really polite. They call at halloween or when they are looking for money for school walks and the like and are always very polite. I don't have a clue about schools or facilities for children though!

There is little in the way of a bus route though, so if that's important to you, keep it in mind. They have opened an education and training centre in the old St Enda's school facility which is making the road busier so hopefully we will see something in the near future.

Regarding anti social behaviour, I have never experienced any. For a while, when the building site was not in use, there was horses placed illegally in there. They have been moved and the council fenced off the site. Since the rebuilding has happened, this hasn't occurred. You do come across the odd 'unusual character' in the local petrol station. However, as they don't have the motivation to get out of their pyjamas to go to the shop, they also do not seem to be motivated to explore past the shop and go back home as soon as they are done in there. Even then, I havent seen anything happening in there either and as public pyjamas wearing is another bug bear of mine, I tend to notice it when I see it.

The most frustrating thing I find about living here is getting stuck behind a horse and sulky on Childers or the Old Cork Road as certain types use the city roads as an exercise route for their horses. I get more annoyed about the animal welfare part of it than anything else. They don't come into any estates on their route though. Thankfully though, that's about it. The second most annoying thing is traffic around Christmas. From about November turning right at the Kilmallock road roundabout is next to impossible with the mountain of visitors to the retail park at Childers Road! PM me if you want any more information on the area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mancy

Hi all,
    We are living in limerick since 9 years.planning to buy a home at rosmor ballyneety limerick.
    We don't know anything about the area.we have 2 children who are in primary school.can anyone help me to know what primary and secondary schools comes under this catchment area or perish.Also I want to know is the place safe or is there any antisocial there near ros mor ballyneety or old cork road. The

Advertisement