Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LEAF Key fob - bad button design - opening charge port lid inadvertently

• 18-05-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭

A few times now since I got the car I have come back to it to find the charge port lid popped open and I saw my wife coming home with it yesterday and it was also open.

Got out of the car this morning at work and had the keys in my hand and it popped open while I was locking the car.

It seems to me that the buttons on the fob are flush with the body of the fob and it is very easy to inadvertently press a button. Previous fob's I've had, the buttons were recessed into the fob and would very rarely get pressed by mistake.

I usually bundle the keys into my pocket and my wife just throws them into the bottom of her bag so there is loads of opportunity for the button to be pressed.

Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

Haven't found it to be an issue myself. Though i mostly use the buttons on the boot / handles to lock and unlock and have the keys buried in my pocket somewhere.

I do find that when I am driving the 132 gen 1 model that I miss the remote charge point unlock though as it is not present on that model.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Yep, happened me a few times, I think they could improve this. Would also be nice to have the option (configurable) that when you lock the car it automatically locks the charging cable in place.

steelboots wrote: »
    Yep, happened me a few times, I think they could improve this. Would also be nice to have the option (configurable) that when you lock the car it automatically locks the charging cable in place.
    The auto mode somewhat does that but I find the window of the opportunity to pull the cable after unlocking the car too short. It seems to only be about 15 seconds and I can't think any reason why the "auto" does not just fully follow the central locking.

You have to rush to pull the cable immediately after unlocking the car. While rolling it for storage the timeout for the central locking triggers if you haven't opened any door (if you do before pulling the cable then most likely the cable lock has time to engage again) and then you need to unlock the car again. It's a small gripe but not sure why the cable lock can't just fully follow the central locking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm guilty of this too.

I thought for a while it may have been a fault but much more likely that I manage to pop it via the fob.

Advertisement