Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue WiFi lighting set up - what do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dammit!!

missed out on a sale of E27 & B22's last night on Amazon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Dammit!!

missed out on a sale of E27 & B22's last night on Amazon!!

Me too, joined waitlist but no one dropped. First world problem anger ensued :D

Looks like there will be a sale of the Hue Go at 6:30pm this evening on Amazon, 40% off, so if current price is £70, it can be got this evening for about £42

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Looks like there will be a sale of the Hue Go at 6:30pm this evening on Amazon, 40% off, so if current price is £70, it can be got this evening for about £42

But but but..... I don't need it....

It's getting worse than my crack addiction ffs.........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

How do you know about this - did you get an email? Just wondering....

• Advertisement

How do you know about this - did you get an email? Just wondering....

Saw it on the Amazon page

go to deals
    then lighting, and it was on the second page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

In London next week to collect my Echo and Dot and also can get a Go for £42(family staff discounts) but gone a bit overboard recently
    I have the TP Link plugs and getting the Philips Hue Starter kit also. upstairs I will have Hue installed in bedroom and also possible Go or use TP Link on existing lamp
    When setting up Hue can you set up groups so turn off all downstairs lights and can I link the Go to a group and can I set them up separately ie Turn off lights upstairs or Turn off go hope I explained that well ???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

When setting up Hue can you set up groups so turn off all downstairs lights and can I link the Go to a group and can I set them up separately ie Turn off lights upstairs or Turn off go hope I explained that well ???

Yes. Though they call them rooms now, rather then groups, nothing stopping you calling a room upstairs and having all upstairs lights on it. And if you do, then yes, you can turn the go off as part off the upstairs "room" or directly by it's own name.

Hue Go is £46.99 now on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Hue Go is £46.99 now on Amazon

For Prime members, everyone else at 18:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tempted but thought it would be a little cheaper.
    Short battery life is putting me off to.

Anyone have one already?

I don't have one or need one, so I think this time I'm going to pass

..... oh hurry up and end flash sale!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

adox wrote: »
    Tempted but thought it would be a little cheaper.
    Short battery life is putting me off to.

Anyone have one already?

Yep, they're cool out. Bit plasticky. Of all the bulbs and light strips it's my favourite :)

Roen wrote: »
    Yep, they're cool out. Bit plasticky. Of all the bulbs and light strips it's my favourite :)

Ah now see now you have me tempted. Do you have it permanently plugged in?
    See I love the idea of the portability of it but the battery life is so short I'm sure it would drive me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

was going to use it as a night light in the babies room........ to buy or not to buy?????

Ah couldn't resist and ordered one. Had a tenner on my Amazon account as well so made it cheaper again.

So I have this on the way and a lightstrip on the way from Spain and no idea yet where I'm going to put them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ah now see now you have me tempted. Do you have it permanently plugged in?
    See I love the idea of the portability of it but the battery life is so short I'm sure it would drive me mad.

No. It's usually plugged out. Off to work and it's charging. When we come back it's used as a wandering light. Adds greatly to the staircase and random places you find yourself in the house.

Battery life is stated at three hours, which ties in with my experience of it so far. If you're sitting on your arse for three hours at a time you have other problems to worry about.

It's a great mood lighting gadget. But it's no main light. Use it as something to augment a room and you won't be disappointed.

E27 white & colour available now on Amazon for £29.99

So nice Monday morning surprise. Had stuff ordered towards the end of last week from both amazon.co.uk and amazon.es, lightning deal stuff.

All arrived at the same time. A lighting strip and dimmer switch from amazon.es and a Hue Go lamp from amazon.co.uk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

So nice Monday morning surprise. Had stuff ordered towards the end of last week from both amazon.co.uk and amazon.es, lightning deal stuff.

All arrived at the same time. A lighting strip and dimmer switch from amazon.es and a Hue Go lamp from amazon.co.uk :)

I ordered the B22 starter pack and the Personal Lighting Wireless Dimming Kit on the 25th from amazon.co.uk and the fu(kers still haven't dispatched them, but still saying they will be delivered tomorrow :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

davo2001 wrote: »
    I ordered the B22 starter pack and the Personal Lighting Wireless Dimming Kit on the 25th from amazon.co.uk and the fu(kers still haven't dispatched them, but still saying they will be delivered tomorrow :mad:

It looks like stock is low as I got 2/which you expect to come together and got email to say one is on way but sorry about delay other will be along soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Had four boxes arrive from the various amazon sites this morning. Unfortunately the wife was still in the house so I have some explaining to do later. Just hope she's not there for the other four that are due later in the week. (Gulp)

Did anyone else order this from amazon on black Friday for £21, has anyone got theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did anyone else order this from amazon on black Friday for £21, has anyone got theirs yet?

1 on its way another still yet to arrive in stock they have sold out and waiting on more as that's what it looks like to me.

1 on its way another still yet to arrive in stock they have sold out and waiting on more as that's what it looks like to me.

Grand, at least I'm not the only one :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ordered two on Sunday. Dispatched today (from Czech Republic).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I ordered 2 as well dispatched Friday I think.

God know where my starter kit from Spain is.

XsApollo wrote: »
    I ordered 2 as well dispatched Friday I think.

Where exactly did you order it from? amazon.co.uk?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

OU812 wrote: »
    Had four boxes arrive from the various amazon sites this morning. Unfortunately the wife was still in the house so I have some explaining to do later. Just hope she's not there for the other four that are due later in the week. (Gulp)

LOL - I'm the same 4 deliveries today - some more tomorrow and then next week
    I'll be in the bad books if she doesn't get a decent crimbo pressie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Where exactly did you order it from? amazon.co.uk?

Yes.
    Ordered on the 27th I think.

Advertisement