Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue WiFi lighting set up - what do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

XsApollo wrote: »
    Yes.
    Ordered on the 27th I think.

Ugh, bastards (amazon, not you), no option but to wait I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I ordered 4 White/Ambiance Gau10's on October 14th and they've still not dispatched yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

XsApollo wrote: »
    God know where my starter kit from Spain is.

My Spanish order (25th) has gone from Amazon's handling centre in Inverclyde to Bardon Hill (Midlands) to somewhere in Surrey for the courier service. Supposed to be here Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I pleasantly surprised how fast my stuff arrived from Spain. Ordered on the 30th and arrived today

Oh and a nice surprise in th Lightstrip box, a 3 pin adaptor comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Sorry about the google doc lads, had the share link set up wrong. Should be good now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EIZG2CQRq2yiluIwcOefL_KvegXZ2XYuiR1sTT7J6iU/edit?usp=sharing

• Advertisement

Oh No!!!!

I've just discovered that these exist!!

This could get expensive again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Oh No!!!!

I've just discovered that these exist!!

This could get expensive again.....

What exist?

Wait, i dont want to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

What exist?

The Hue Xmas range?

Brentry_Bristol_Ch_3515553b.jpg

Couldn't attach the first time,

I have a few shades these could work in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

At last my parcels arrived from amazon. Haven't got a bridge yet, still waiting for a starter kit to go down in price but bought 3 dimmer switch and e27 bulb sets a mixture of b22 and e27 colour and white ambiance only bulbs.
    I haven't any e27 sockets at the moment but using the b22 bulbs but can't get the dimmer switch to work. All the instructions says is pull the plastic off the battery and that is it. Currently pressing the remote and pointing at the bulb like a fool. Any helpful links can't find any except a pdf of the simple instructions included?

• Advertisement

Block (8 wrote: »
    At last my parcels arrived from amazon. Haven't got a bridge yet, still waiting for a starter kit to go down in price but bought 3 dimmer switch and e27 bulb sets a mixture of b22 and e27 colour and white ambiance only bulbs.
    I haven't any e27 sockets at the moment but using the b22 bulbs but can't get the dimmer switch to work. All the instructions says is pull the plastic off the battery and that is it. Currently pressing the remote and pointing at the bulb like a fool. Any helpful links can't find any except a pdf of the simple instructions included?

Do it only a few centimetres away from the bulb, it has to be very close to pair with it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Do it only a few centimetres away from the bulb, it has to be very close to pair with it

Got it! Apparently I had to keep the "on" button depressed a couple of seconds to pair it. Went all different colours for a second but alas no bridge!
    Going to try pair and control 2 lamps but that may need a bridge.

So spent the evening last night with the lightstrip trying to find somewhere to put it, after buying it for that special price on Amazon.es and really having an idea where I'd put it.

Tried behind the couch but didn't like it. Too much light blocked and it actually showed up blemishes in the plasterboard on the wall!

Tried it under the bed behind the headboard but again too much light lost and the wall didn't look great!

Messed with it on the stairs but too open and the wires look terrible out in the open.

Finally found the perfect spot for them. On top of the kitchen units up high, pointing up to the ceiling. Left the tape on as well as no need to stick it down. Also had a spare socket up high hidden behind the presses so there is nothing showing.

Delighted with them now after wondering would I have any use for them. Already using them with Alexa "Alexa turn on kitchen" etc.

Delighted with them now and even happier that they were only a little over €40 delivered.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

When did you order off amazon.es?
    Mine didn't ship yet :(

mik_da_man wrote: »
    When did you order off amazon.es?
    Mine didn't ship yet :(

Think it was November 30th. Was out of stock at the time but shipped pretty quickly afterwards and arrived even quicker.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

adox wrote: »
    Think it was November 30th. Was out of stock at the time but shipped pretty quickly afterwards and arrived even quicker.

Same as me so... Odd...

I got my lighting strip that I ordered on amazon.es. ordered on eth 30th as well.

What do people use their lighting strips for?
    I already have one underneath the kitchen cabinets for light and one under the bed with a motion sensor for nighttime. I have no idea what to use my newest one for.

I got my lighting strip that I ordered on amazon.es. ordered on eth 30th as well.

I already have one underneath the kitchen cabinets for light and one under the bed with a motion sensor for nighttime. I have no idea what to use my newest one for.

On top of the kitchen cabinets? Thats where I put mine and Im very happy with them there.

a new colour E27 bulb, a sensor, a light strip with 3 1m extensions just arrived!!

I'v replaced my office bulb with the new colour bulb, and replaced the white only bulb in the baby's room with my old office colour bulb, creating another spare white only (4 now).

now, where to put 6m of light strip??

a new colour E27 bulb, a sensor, a light strip with 3 1m extensions just arrived!!

I'v replaced my office bulb with the new colour bulb, and replaced the white only bulb in the baby's room with my old office colour bulb, creating another spare white only (4 now).

now, where to put 6m of light strip??

Have you hit the 50 bulb limit for the hub yet?

• Advertisement

Have you hit the 50 bulb limit for the hub yet?

This will bring me up to 38 of the 50 bulbs, with 2 sensors & 6 dimmer switches. (There are 4 more GU10's supposidly on the way as well, but god knows when I'll get them)

This will bring me up to 38 of the 50 bulbs, with 2 sensors & 6 dimmer switches. (There are 4 more GU10's supposidly on the way as well, but god knows when I'll get them)

Jaysus you just reminded me I have a dimmer switch still in the box from the delivery earlier in the week. Purchased without much thought when it was on offer so will have to come up with a use for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

If anyone has any gear they dont want just shout!!!! Hopefully I won't be charged the overinflated prices people on adverts are selling them for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

GaryCocs wrote: »
    If anyone has any gear they dont want just shout!!!! Hopefully I won't be charged the overinflated prices people on adverts are selling them for. :D

To be fair I wouldn't call any of the prices currently on adverts as over inflated.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_philips+hue/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

My GU10's have arrived at parcel motel hq, can't wait to fit these guys

Irish_rat wrote: »
    My GU10's have arrived at parcel motel hq, can't wait to fit these guys

How many did you get? colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

Mine are under the cabinets, helps with light on the counter top when cooking.

paulbok wrote: »
    Mine are under the cabinets, helps with light on the counter top when cooking.

Thats where i have mine. I feel on top of the caboinets is overkill.

i guess they'll have to go somewhere else, maybe lighting along the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I've put mine under the couch as per the attached. I had to buy sticky backed velcro though, the adhesive backing is fairly useless I thought. I'll be getting the kitchen tiled in the new year and will likely do away with the cabinet kick boards and throw a lightstrip or two underneath too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Shred wrote: »
    I've put mine under the couch as per the attached. I had to buy sticky backed velcro though, the adhesive backing is fairly useless I thought. I'll be getting the kitchen tiled in the new year and will likely do away with the cabinet kick boards and throw a lightstrip or two underneath too.

Huetastic, very trippy.... :D

Agreed, the adhesive is not great, I tried affixing the lightstrip to the underside of my marble kitchen counter-top, and it keeps pulling off.

Advertisement