Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue WiFi lighting set up - what do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I set mine up the other night, ordered 3 white/colour bulbs, 2 Hue Go's, 2 dimmer switches and a light strip. Pretty pleased with it so far. Had a bit of hassle getting the dimmer switches connected, but now have the lightstrip and the three bulbs in the kitchen as a single room, and a switch at either entrance to the room. They work really well. Have the two Hue Go's in the adjoining dining room, looks like the mother in law has her eyes on one of them though.... :mad::mad:

Going to play around with some apps tonight, the list I have is as follows:

LightSwitch – for showing off, colour flows, passing clouds, candle light
    Humote - Just for quick and easy access to lights and groups, very easy layout
    iConnectHue - Lots of advanced setup features that the official app doesn't support.
    On Switch
    Ambee
    Hue Talk – voice activation
    Hue Disco
    MagicHue
    HuePRo
    Ambify
    Yonomi
    Hue Christmas

Any others worth playing with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Huetastic, very trippy.... :D

Agreed, the adhesive is not great, I tried affixing the lightstrip to the underside of my marble kitchen counter-top, and it keeps pulling off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BQNQQ1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good for what ails ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So just got my hue go. Looks really cool and have it in behind TV for the moment really makes the room.

Its cool messing around with all the different colours but I think she is getting worried and keeps asking am I feeling OK. Most times ever I've being asked.... Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So I got a new E27 (richer colours) bulb yesterday, and there not a whole lot of difference between it and the older colour bulbs!! Green is a little bit better and thats it, the yellow is now non existent (its just a very pale green). so all in all, not very impressed with the 'richer colour' angle they are taking with them, as it doesn't appear to add much to what was already there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

So I got a new E27 (richer colours) bulb yesterday, and there not a whole lot of difference between it and the older colour bulbs!! Green is a little bit better and thats it, the yellow is now non existent (its just a very pale green). so all in all, not very impressed with the 'richer colour' angle they are taking with them, as it doesn't appear to add much to what was already there!

Not used the older ones, but I get what you mean about yellow. It's not very yellow at all.

• Advertisement

Roen wrote: »
    Not used the older ones, but I get what you mean about yellow. It's not very yellow at all.

the original bulbs actually did a shade of yellow. The new one, its just pale green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Does anybody know any place around Limerick , Clare that sells those e14 to e27 adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

How many did you get? colour?

Just white gu10's,can't fit the color ones. Using the bridge but need to manually find the bulbs via their serial numbers.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Just white gu10's,can't fit the color ones. Using the bridge but need to manually find the bulbs via their serial numbers.

That happened with 2/3 of my 10 GU10's I installed a few months back, so to save having to do the whole serial number thing, I just wired a GU10 fitting onto a plug and plugged it in beside the bridge, and it found the bulbs instantly

They finally shipped my 4 White Ambiance GU10's today!!

meaning by Christmas, I'll have a 42 bulb set up!!!

(suddenly that 50 is looking like a target now!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Just received an email from amazon.es saying they are delaying shipping the colour starter set I bought on Nov.25th until approx. Dec.21st.

Leaves me with 12 other bulbs and 2 strips I bought and which arrived gathering dust until then (no hub)!! :-(

Did anyone else get an email about it?

Ouch, that hurts. I ordered mine on Amazon.es on black Friday, got it last week, Thursday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ouch, that hurts. I ordered mine on Amazon.es on black Friday, got it last week, Thursday I think.

Are the lamps the same ? Can they operate at 110V

Stoner wrote: »
    Are the lamps the same ? Can they operate at 110V

No, 110v is U.S. only, Everything in Europe is 230vAC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Just received an email from amazon.es saying they are delaying shipping the colour starter set I bought on Nov.25th until approx. Dec.21st.

Leaves me with 12 other bulbs and 2 strips I bought and which arrived gathering dust until then (no hub)!! :-(

I got that email about 3/4 days ago unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Mine arrived in Dublin yesterday, but Fastway have delayed/rescheduled delivery to some day next week. Was supposed to have had delivery Wednesday.

edit - strike that. It's now out for delivery today.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ordered a lightstrip & Starter set from Amazon.es on the 30th, no update yet apart from them saying the LED started kit would arrive on the 14th, it was out of stock when I ordered it.

Going by the posts above, mine will be delayed too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

I ordered from Amazon.es on the 30th and still no sign of them shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I ordered the starter pack from amazon.es on the 25th was shipped the 2nd and is due today.

alastair wrote: »
    Mine arrived in Dublin yesterday, but Fastway have delayed/rescheduled delivery to some day next week. Was supposed to have had delivery Wednesday.

edit - strike that. It's now out for delivery today.

They've arrived. :)
    They've only got a continental plug. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

You can pick up an adaptor for very little money.

So did my lightstrip from Spain. Obviously I would never do this myself, but if I absolutely had to, I would just ram a screwdriver into the top pin/neutral, and shove the two pins into the socket. Like I could have done with my lightstrip.

adox wrote: »
    You can pick up an adaptor for very little money.

No instant gratification in that though. ;)

So did my lightstrip from Spain. Obviously I would never do this myself, but if I absolutely had to, I would just ram a screwdriver into the top pin/neutral, and shove the two pins into the socket. Like I could have done with my lightstrip.

Did you double check the box? Mine came with an extra 3 pin plug that could be awpped out with the two pin. Came from Spain too.

adox wrote: »
    Did you double check the box? Mine came with an extra 3 pin plug that could be awpped out with the two pin. Came from Spain too.

Heck no, I was too excited for all that, it was wrapping and paper and cardboard everywhere, Muppet Show style. :D:D

I did check later, did not find anything.

Heck no, I was too excited for all that, it was wrapping and paper and cardboard everywhere, Muppet Show style. :D:D

I did check later, did not find anything.

That's a bit weird. I mean the extra plug wasn't just thrown in, it was part of the pack from Philips with its own place to sit in th box and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Anyone know where I could pick up some Bayonet to E27 adapters in store? DIdnt see any in Woodies but may have missed them.
    Is it easy enough to just change the socket instead of buy adapters?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Anyone know where I could pick up some Bayonet to E27 adapters in store? DIdnt see any in Woodies but may have missed them.
    Is it easy enough to just change the socket instead of buy adapters?

Ikea if you are close to one and yup it is pretty straight forward if you re use to basic DIY electrical stuff, wiring plugs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

bk wrote: »
    Ikea if you are close to one and yup it is pretty straight forward if you re use to basic DIY electrical stuff, wiring plugs, etc.

Yes, forgot Ikea had them. Might change some of the sockets though. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hue Go is back down to £46 on Amazon, and the sensor is down to £29.99 for anyone who wants in on the act.

Advertisement