Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue WiFi lighting set up - what do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

donegal. wrote: »
    how ?

Routine set to come on at 3:30pm, 3 rooms (hallway, sitting room & front porch), the hallway and front porch are just set to come on low at 3:30pm, the sitting room is set to come on on concentrate.

Then at about 6pm I've another routine set for the same 3 rooms, only this routine has the hallway and porch light coming on a bit brighter, and the sitting room to go to relax. This routine is on a 30 minute fade so it gradually changes the sitting room from concentrate to relax over half an hour, while also brightening the other rooms to the desired preset over the same half hour period.

Routines fading into other routines.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Motion sensor arrived today. Thats the second one which will go on the landing, having one already in the hall.

Thats my lot................for now!

adox wrote: »
    Thats my lot................for now!

I've been saying that for months

43 lights, 2 sensors, 6 dimmers later.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Great offer on starter kit ATM.

£86 I just ordered another set (Don't need the bridge) but the single Bulb offer only allows you to buy 2 per customer. Starter kit offer is a better deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambience-Wireless-Lighting-Starter/dp/B0152WXD18/ref=sr_1_2?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1482730640&sr=1-2

That's a fantastic price for 3 colour bulbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Great offer on starter kit ATM.

£86 I just ordered another set (Don't need the bridge) but the single Bulb offer only allows you to buy 2 per customer. Starter kit offer is a better deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambience-Wireless-Lighting-Starter/dp/B0152WXD18/ref=sr_1_2?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1482730640&sr=1-2

I think someone on this or the other Hue thread was looking for a hub so you should be able to offload it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just grabbed that starter kit and two bulbs as I need five of them. So that was a great one for me. What's the cheapest the motion sensor as ever been on amazon as I need a couple of them and am wondering if I should hang on and see if the price goes down in sales

£29.99 is the cheapest I've ever seen the motion sensor on Amazon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks I was thinking that , that's what it's at right now. Just grabbed one. If it goes down further over the next few days I'll get another. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

£29.99 is the cheapest I've ever seen the motion sensor on Amazon

They were cheaper on amazon.fr for a spell, while they were running a Hue promotion. Worked out at about €32 delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

balls, had a light strip in my cart and go to checkout and they are now out of stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a fantastic price for 3 colour bulbs

They weren't the colour bulbs were they? I thought they were the white ambience ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They weren't the colour bulbs were they? I thought they were the white ambience ones?

Offer over they weren't the richer colour but were colour alright.

Offer over they weren't the richer colour but were colour alright.

I don't understand? I know there are plain White, then White Ambience and then Colour Bulbs. Are you saying there is a fourth type?

I don't understand? I know there are plain White, then White Ambience and then Colour Bulbs. Are you saying there is a fourth type?

The latest colour ones are richer colour.

The latest colour ones are richer colour.

Ah so those ones for £86 were gen 2 bulbs? I've a second set of the Gen 3 colour bulbs on the way.

I recently took delivery of a richer colours bulb and in my opinion, the previous version is much better.

The green is slightly better in the richer colours, but at a cost of the yellow, which is just a very pale green now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I have a spare hue bridge that I received with another starter kit that I purchased. It's the latest hue bridge that works with up to 50 lights and apple homekit.

PM me if your interested. Can post normally or by Parcel motel (preferred)

Regards,
    BobbyT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

i tried to install 3 bulbs onto an island lighting fixture, but only one bulb works, i swapped the bulbs around and to make sure all the bulbs were working but it seems only one bulbs works on an island light fixture as i tried it on another island and had the same problem, any ideas as to why this is happening?

andy125 wrote: »
    i tried to install 3 bulbs onto an island lighting fixture, but only one bulb works, i swapped the bulbs around and to make sure all the bulbs were working but it seems only one bulbs works on an island light fixture as i tried it on another island and had the same problem, any ideas as to why this is happening?

Is there a power supply at other fittings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Is there a power supply at other fittings.

yea there was 3 normal bulbs all working before and after trying the hue bulbs

andy125 wrote: »
    yea there was 3 normal bulbs all working before and after trying the hue bulbs

Have the 3 hue bulbs been paired to your bridge?

Have the 3 hue bulbs been paired to your bridge?

Have you turned them on&off again.

As above pair them or an update is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This Philips Hue road is a bit of a rabbit hole me thinks- i started with the kit which included 3 colour bulbs- one each in the lounge and dining room, which are just off the kitchen in an open plan layout, and the third in the man cave. I then added a dimmer to these bulbs, and also added an ambiance bulb to the lamp. I put a white bulb in the sitting room lamp, and two further white bulbs in the hall and landing. I added a white ambience to the master bedroom, and i still have two white ambience bulbs to fit. Probably going to look at some of the other bits available- the Go or Bloom maybe, and i like the look of white ambiance being.

Welcome down the rabbit hole, you obviously took the red/blue/green pill.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    This Philips Hue road is a bit of a rabbit hole me thinks- i started with the kit which included 3 colour bulbs- one each in the lounge and dining room, which are just off the kitchen in an open plan layout, and the third in the man cave. I then added a dimmer to these bulbs, and also added an ambiance bulb to the lamp. I put a white bulb in the sitting room lamp, and two further white bulbs in the hall and landing. I added a white ambience to the master bedroom, and i still have two white ambience bulbs to fit. Probably going to look at some of the other bits available- the Go or Bloom maybe, and i like the look of white ambiance being.

Hahahaha that'll never happen to me...

On a completely separate unrelated point I wish An Post would hurry up with my lightbulbs I bought :pac:

Welcome down the rabbit hole, you obviously took the red/blue/green pill.

And the plain white pill.....and the white pill that you can select moderately different versions of white and/or yellow with :pac::D

All joking aside they are terrific, and once i get a chance to sit down and do some reading about fully integrating them with GHome/Alexa ifttt etc then i know i'll probably never use a conventional light switch again.

I'm hoping that there will be further third party integration so as to kit out the few remaining rooms with possible cheaper alternatives.

Hahahaha that'll never happen to me...

On a completely separate unrelated point I wish An Post would hurry up with my lightbulbs I bought :pac:

Here's the craic emmet, once they are in half your house you won't be happy with the remaining half :D:pac:

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Here's the craic emmet, once they are in half your house you won't be happy with the remaining half :D:pac:

I nearly bought more today sure. Going to get a Go when it drops in price again.

• Advertisement

I nearly bought more today sure. Going to get a Go when it drops in price again.

I'm going to ease up on the bulbs for a while until the house is 100% finished and concentrate on other IOT areas....... looking at you Nest.....

Advertisement