Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue WiFi lighting set up - what do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

OU812 wrote: »
    Did you ever post that photo Andy?

I'm sure I did put up a few photos of the kitchen in various different colours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm sure I did put up a few photos of the kitchen in various different colours!!

I'd say disco Hue is great in there !

I'd say disco Hue is great in there !

Saturday Night Fever, my kitchen, every Friday from 8-11pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Saturday Night Fever, my kitchen, every Friday from 8-11pm!

Can I come..... Looks deadly.

Theres a nice new Hue app update on iOS

They've added a timer function, and also added better functionality to the Routines, you can turn lights on and off again in the same routine, whereas before you had to have 2 routines! (though you can't fade them off, which I prefer to do, they just go off!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Theres a nice new Hue app update on iOS

They've added a timer function, and also added better functionality to the Routines, you can turn lights on and off again in the same routine, whereas before you had to have 2 routines! (though you can't fade them off, which I prefer to do, they just go off!!)

They had timers in the old iOS app and I used to love it, can’t believe it took them this long to implement it again.

The Hue Bloom is down to €55.99 in Woodies for anyone interested (works out slightly cheaper than the £54.48 they are currently at on Amazon)

I just picked one up for the feck of it! I already have one and their decent enough. I just need to figure out where to put it!

The Iris is down to €79.99 though it's still a little cheaper on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Is the bloom worth it ahead of the Iris or the Go?
    the only one I have is the Go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive 2 blooms and 4 Go's, i think the Go is way better, much brighter and you can move it around without being plugged it. but purely on throwing out light the Go wins out for me.

Is the bloom worth it ahead of the Iris or the Go?
    the only one I have is the Go.

I don't have an Iris or a Go, but do have a bloom behind the TVbin our bedroom, and it works really well there, there is great colour out of it, better even than the colour bulbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

I don't have an Iris or a Go, but do have a bloom behind the TVbin our bedroom, and it works really well there, there is great colour out of it, better even than the colour bulbs.

Hmmmm.... now I'm wondering how it would work with my ambilight...

Does it have such a focused centre circle in real life or is it just in the photo?

Does it have such a focused centre circle in real life or is it just in the photo?

That's just the photo, you can't see that with the naked eye

Hmmmm.... now I'm wondering how it would work with my ambilight...

I must add a disclaimer though that those photo's were taken with 2 bedside lamps with colour hue bulbs in them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I must add a disclaimer though that those photo's were taken with 2 bedside lamps with colour hue bulbs in them

How did you take a photo with two lamps? I usually have to use a camera :pac:;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How did you take a photo with two lamps? I usually have to use a camera :pac:;)

You've clearly only scratched the surface of what can be done with Hue

amateur.. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Speaking of Blooms...hop over to the bargain thread! 28 quid on Amazon today!

Don't listen to your wallet :P

Shlippery wrote: »

Of f**king course they'd slash the price of the bloody thing a week after I bought one for €56 in Woodies!!

W**kers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Of f**king course they'd slash the price of the bloody thing a week after I bought one for €56 in Woodies!!

W**kers

Seeing your pics was the inspiration I needed to pull the trigger :P

But, handy trick is camelcamelcamel....

http://camelcamelcamel.com , add all your Hue products to your Amazon wishlist, then you can import them to that site and it'll notify you if they drop in price, or if they reach a price point you're happy with.

Stupid website is responsible for many of my impulse buys, the definition of a bargain alert.

PQNAcK1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Shlippery wrote: »

Got a link, still showing at 59.99 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Got a link, still showing at 59.99 for me.
    Try this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00KDG58BC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It's giving a 1-4 week dispatch time.

if it doesnt come up on the page on the link look down to the right at the "also available from these sellers" you will see the amazon one down there, its doesnt come up as the main one because its out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

One thing about the go. The battery back up can be a bit of a pain. I can't seem to turn it if would be great if someone could point me in the direction of how to.

I've scene selection switch for lightwaverf kit
    I switch on the TV, amp , STB and a couple of lamps, one has a hue lamp the other is a hue go.
    Works well switching it on. But the hue go back up kicks in when I switch it off so I have to use the hue app

Looks like a fairly big Hue update was just released for iOS,

brief look at it and it appears you can now add scenes from 3rd party apps to your routines (this could be very, very good)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Looks like a fairly big Hue update was just released for iOS,

brief look at it and it appears you can now add scenes from 3rd party apps to your routines (this could be very, very good)

And switches and motion sensors now work with HomeKit which is a big win for me!

I tried to add another sensor to my setup yesterday. I ran into teh issue that my bridge is full and i need to delete rotines.
    I deleted all my routines but the error still appears.

I have 25 bulbs, 10 dimmer switches and 7 sensors. so i thought well under the limit.

has anyone else experienced this?

I tried to add another sensor to my setup yesterday. I ran into teh issue that my bridge is full and i need to delete rotines.
    I deleted all my routines but the error still appears.

I have 25 bulbs, 10 dimmer switches and 7 sensors. so i thought well under the limit.

has anyone else experienced this?

do you have the older Hue app as well as the new one? if so, go in and delete some/all scenes from the old app.

alternatively delete some of the default scenes for rooms on the newer app.

if you have a room with a colour bulb in it, theres about 6/7 default scenes loaded for that room alone, and every other room in your house depending on bulb type will also have loads of default scenes. you'll probably never use half of these default scenes, so go into each room and delete them, they all take up space on the bridge.

Thats my wish list for a 3rd gen Bridge if they ever release one, a sh1t load more storage memory!

do you have the older Hue app as well as the new one? if so, go in and delete some/all scenes from the old app.

alternatively delete some of the default scenes for rooms on the newer app.

if you have a room with a colour bulb in it, theres about 6/7 default scenes loaded for that room alone, and every other room in your house depending on bulb type will also have loads of default scenes. you'll probably never use half of these default scenes, so go into each room and delete them, they all take up space on the bridge.

Thats my wish list for a 3rd gen Bridge if they ever release one, a sh1t load more storage memory!

I had no old apps and ive already deleted most scenes. From reading online the issue seems to be the dimmer switches. there is a 100 rule limit on the bridge and each sensor has 7/8 rules associated with it.

And switches and motion sensors now work with HomeKit which is a big win for me!

this is actually really great, you can see temp and lux levels now in homekit for each sensor in each room. pretty cool update!

• Advertisement

Bloody Hue and their 3 for 2 deals!!

I've just ordered 4 more White Ambiance GU10's, as well as 2 colour E14's

The 4 GU10's will probably go with the previous 2 I bought in an earlier sale, and go into the attic to replace 6 non smart LED GU10's (the room will have 9 hue bulbs and its only a guest room!)

the 2 E14's, I'm not sure yet, I have a ceiling light (not unlike this) in my hallway with halogen bulbs in it that I've never liked, and although the light is never used, i'd like a nicer fitting there, so perhaps the E14's will sit idle for a while until I find a suitable light fitting. (and more sales of the E14 occur)

I could also wait for the right fitting and possibly replace the sitting room centre light. It was originally a 5 bulb (E14) fitting, but I didn't really like it so replaced it with a pendant/shade and a colour B22. I'd love to have maybe 5/6 colour E14 bulbs if the right fitting came up.

Advertisement