Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E fibre Glenageary

Options
  • 18-05-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am somewhat frustrated with Eir, several calls over the last year or two have yielded NO information regarding the junction box in front of Rathdown School, Glenageary Rd Upper. We just had an engineer from Eir round who says that this junction box has plenty of e fibre ports, that it needs a card or wiring then good to go - last summer work was done on this by engineers, when asked 'yes we are enabling e fibre should be good to go'.

Why is it that in Glenageary Dublin we are still not able to get e fibre, NO one is able to comment at Eir, and its not just me, there are several if not 50+ households in a similar scenario, thats alot of new customers for Eir, and yet all roads are dead ends. 

Am physically done with 5.00mbps download, and 0.5 uploads... not fair. I dont expect a response from Eir, like when I call in, but if you could find out what is to be done, when this is due to be rolled out I would greatly appreciate this, then happy to discuss moving telephone, mobile, broadband and tv over.

Happy to supply telephone number if required. 

Edward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ROC1_034
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Fibre Broadband Cabinet is Live[/font]

Its up and running. If your line doesnt qualify at the moment that isnt your cab.

DLA1_115
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location[/font]

Is down the street, would that be you? 

The area is an intermingling of DunL and Rochestown, depending on where you live your line may run one direction or the other. Only wholesale techs can see the cable paths though so reps won't really know much.

http://www.openeir.ie/Our_Network/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

s12mmo wrote: »
    Hi, I am somewhat frustrated with Eir, several calls over the last year or two have yielded NO information regarding the junction box in front of Rathdown School, Glenageary Rd Upper. We just had an engineer from Eir round who says that this junction box has plenty of e fibre ports, that it needs a card or wiring then good to go - last summer work was done on this by engineers, when asked 'yes we are enabling e fibre should be good to go'.

Why is it that in Glenageary Dublin we are still not able to get e fibre, NO one is able to comment at Eir, and its not just me, there are several if not 50+ households in a similar scenario, thats alot of new customers for Eir, and yet all roads are dead ends. 

Am physically done with 5.00mbps download, and 0.5 uploads... not fair. I dont expect a response from Eir, like when I call in, but if you could find out what is to be done, when this is due to be rolled out I would greatly appreciate this, then happy to discuss moving telephone, mobile, broadband and tv over.

Happy to supply telephone number if required. 

Edward
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font] s12mmo,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]

I'm afraid it sounds like ED E is correct and you are not connected to an active cabinet. 
    Please feel free to PM me your details and I can check your line.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In response to a PM:

Local field service having confirmed he's routed via the commissioned cab it sounds like there's extra jumpering to be done, maybe a case of a riser being required for the extra cross connect bundle. This kinda stuff is what I'd call "fill in" and I suspect is low priority. 

Keep an eye for one of these going in: 
    NrAzynf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 s12mmo

ED E wrote: »
    In response to a PM:

Local field service having confirmed he's routed via the commissioned cab it sounds like there's extra jumpering to be done, maybe a case of a riser being required for the extra cross connect bundle. This kinda stuff is what I'd call "fill in" and I suspect is low priority. 

Keep an eye for one of these going in:
    Any idea when that might happen? Thanks for your assistance. 

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stannman

Hi Edward

I share your frustration.

I've been waiting on this cabinet becoming active too for a looong time.... see parallel thread here.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057320969

Especially frustrating because many of the houses on this stretch don't have UPC, so no alternative available.

Stan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 stannman

Happy to report that cabinet ROC1_34 is now live - got my broadband upgraded this morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks  stannman :D

-Pamela 

Advertisement