Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yoga mat

• 18-05-2016 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to buy a yoga mat, I already have a very cheap one and I'm not happy with the quality (doesn't bounce back quickly and has tears), does anyone have recommendations? My local yoga sell Manduka mats for 60e which seems steep but maybe that's the price of a good quality mat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tkmaxx. They always have loads of good quality ones around the €20 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi,

I want to buy a yoga mat, I already have a very cheap one and I'm not happy with the quality (doesn't bounce back quickly and has tears), does anyone have recommendations? My local yoga sell Manduka mats for 60e which seems steep but maybe that's the price of a good quality mat.

My girlfriend got two in TK Maxx.

One is a standard Yoga Mat but the other is a nice thick springy one she uses for Pirates. Not great for holding single leg balancing poses though as it is a little soft but great if you get sore wrists.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My girlfriend got two in TK Maxx.

One is a standard Yoga Mat but the other is a nice thick springy one she uses for Pirates. Not great for holding single leg balancing poses though as it is a little soft but great if you get sore wrists.
    Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr!!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

endacl wrote: »
    Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr!!

:pac:

Stupid autocorrect. But I'm going to leave it there because it's funny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I didn't even cop on to that. I thought it was a new wave yoga thingie. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

How do you know which ones are the good quality ones?

How do you know which ones are the good quality ones?
    Bring your phone and Google them? Mine is an all-natural rubber/jute surface. Very comfy and just the right amount of grippy. Can't remember the name atm, but Amazon had them for around eighty quid sterling at the time. Which was probably overpriced... I paid €22, iirc.

Edit: Maji Sports. Just popped into my head. Definitely overpriced at 80 at the time! But a great deal at 22. It's about three years old now and still like new. Something like this one:

http://www.majisports.com/collections/yoga-mats/products/jute-premium-eco-yoga-mat-purple?variant=4192025153

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

truth - picked up 3 last week there

picked up a pirate sortage box for my food in work the other day also - arghhh

Transform wrote: »
    truth - picked up 3 last week there

picked up a pirate sortage box for my food in work the other day also - arghhh

How can I tell the quality without the help of Google? Do TK maxx only sell good mats? I live near one so I don't mind checking regularly, I'm looking for advice on what to look out for i.e. materials etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

How can I tell the quality without the help of Google? Do TK maxx only sell good mats? I live near one so I don't mind checking regularly, I'm looking for advice on what to look out for i.e. materials etc.
    i honestly couldnt care, if it looks like a yoga mat for about €20 then thats good enough for me.

most can be slippy when you first get them but a quick wash in the washing machine on a delicate or cold cycle makes them more grippy.

went to a teacher training course years ago with david swenson and he basically did his yoga on a beat up old thin yoga mat

just buy one and get on it and practice

• Advertisement

Transform wrote: »
    i honestly couldnt care, if it looks like a yoga mat for about €20 then thats good enough for me.

most can be slippy when you first get them but a quick wash in the washing machine on a delicate or cold cycle makes them more grippy.

went to a teacher training course years ago with david swenson and he basically did his yoga on a beat up old thin yoga mat

just buy one and get on it and practice

I bought one in TK maxx yesterday and brought it to my yoga teacher and she said it was no good, even though it stated it was for yoga it was a fitness matt and would never be grippy enough. I'm returning it.

Advertisement