Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4G Network In The North-East?

Options
  • 18-05-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people find to be the best network in the north east for mobile coverage and especially for 4g coverage?

I'm with 3 and I spend a lot of time driving around Louth/Meath/Cavan/Monaghan.
    I find 3's call coverage to be very patchy, while their mobile data is non-existent most of the time, especially outside urban areas.
    Even at home in Drogheda I have to leave the phone on a windowsill to get a decent signal and avoid missed calls! :mad:
    I'm thinking of changing to vodafone's 4g service, can anyone tell me what their call & 4g coverage in the NE is like?
    Thanks.

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Depends where you live. I work on the southside of Drogheda and get 4g with eir, live on the northside and it filters between 3g and H+. Used to live in Brookville, had a meteor mifi dongle. Kept it in the back bedroom, seemed to get much better signal pointing towards the hospital area, dunno if theres a mast there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Im from Monaghan was with THREE for 6-7 years and had the same issue as you OP, changed to Vodafone 2 months ago and the coverage difference is unbelievable in the rural areas (you can actually have a call on the road now without the signaL dropping 10 times )plus the voice call quality difference in terms of clarity is chalk and cheese.

Change to vodafone you wont look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

My-self ,my Brother and Nephew do a lot of business between Dundalk,Castleblayney,Cavan Town and Drogheda.
    We would all be speaking near constantly on the phone at one time or another and also tracking different stuff via the internet.Hardly any echos or breaks on the coverage.Tried all networks,but now have everything routed through Vodafone and very happy with it.Can't speak highly enough about them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

Well I jumped ship from 3 to vodafone yesterday and the difference is night & day.
    I had uninterrupted spotify all the way from Drogheda to Cavan, something I could never do on 3.
    I also had 4g coverage in areas where I had no network coverage at all on 3 before.
    I was slightly apprehensive about moving networks but I thought 3 was so bad I had nothing to lose.
    So far the difference is huge, delighted I switched.
    Thanks all. :)

CPL 593H

Advertisement