Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reserved area for husbands 40th

Options
  • 18-05-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi
    Im looking to reserve an area for about 30 people in dublin city. Anyone any ideas. Want somewhere with bit of music. Hes into dance music so somewhere lively would suit.
    We would be looking for finger food too. I was looking at chelsea drugstrore-downstairs. friends have suggested 'House' but he isnt really into it there.

Any suggestions welcome, Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Wrights Cafe Bar in Swords ?

Findlater Howth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I had my 40th last summer on a Saturday night in Dicey's Garden in Harcourt Street. I was offered a private room with DJ at front but I felt it might be too isolating and less atmospheric as I also only had about 30 guests coming so instead reserved an area at the back of the semi sheltered beer garden so that you could also enjoy the buzz of the general crowd/atmosphere. It was summer so the lovely warm evening added to it greatly. BBQ meals were also included served via ticket system and were really good.

It was a fantastic success and all my friends said they had the best night in ages (I don't think they were just being kind to me when they said it:D:D). I'll be honest, the music played was more commercial dance and charts rather than pure deep house/techno/garage type dance music but unless all your guests have the exact same music tastes as hubby then I think it's good to be have a broader mix. Everyone really got into it. When originally sussing out locations, I was kind of concerned that maybe our group might be a little "old" for Dicely's on a Saturday night but there was a very broad mix of 20/30/40 somethings. Security is top notch so no dodgy sorts get in.

Tip - go there for a drink yourself prior as my partner and I did a few months earlier to just get an impression. We also went to 2 other venues the same night as part of our scout and they didn't impress the same way even though online their ads looked great.

PM if you want any other details.

Advertisement