Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow Trend

Options
  • 18-05-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I don't understand who or how this trend of exaggerated eyebrows became a thing. I don't understand how women think a really over exaggerated eyebrow looks well? I understand that defining the eyebrow and filling it out can really frame the face; I do understand that. However the amount of women (of all demographics) going around with these blackened eyebrows that are taking up most of the forehead is ridiculous! I just think it looks way OTT and they will look back in years to come with a cringe feeling!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sure let them off; if they like it, so what? Is it interfering with your life in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

murphy01 wrote: »
    I don't understand who or how this trend of exaggerated eyebrows became a thing. I don't understand how women think a really over exaggerated eyebrow looks well? I understand that defining the eyebrow and filling it out can really frame the face; I do understand that. However the amount of women (of all demographics) going around with these blackened eyebrows that are taking up most of the forehead is ridiculous! I just think it looks way OTT and they will look back in years to come with a cringe feeling!

It's a trend, like any other trend. The trend years ago was for women to over-pluck their eyebrows (or in the 1920s, shave them off altogether). Like those ones, this one too will pass. You don't care for it aesthetically, that's fine. But I doubt anyone is posting in the Facial Hair & Hats forum asking how "men" (as if they're a hive mind) think growing a beard looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

People are very cranky on boards, I'm going back to Twitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

What women are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I saw them and they look awful. I don't like beards either. So there is the gender neutral reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yeah they cant be way OTT.

A receptionist at a beauty place that i got to (who I might add is actually stunningly pretty) gave me quite the shock the other morning. She's blonde and fair skinned and all of a sudden, she had these two huge, black, aggressive looking eyebrows. I did a double take when I saw her.

I hope she was only experimenting and she hasn't had them tattooed on or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I don't mind the eyebrow trend, I find the lip injections and facial filler trend far more worrying, I mean a little but of makeup never caused any lasting harm.

Advertisement