Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Pro 15" 2010 (No upgrades) to El Capitan?

Options
  • 18-05-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Ive a Macbook Pro 15" 2010 (No upgrades) and was debating whether to upgrade to El Capitan. Did anyone here upgrade an old MBP to El Capitan?

One of my friends upgraded their Macbook Pro, slightly newer than mine and they said it bricked their Macbook, so Im concerned it'll mess mine up. Do you think I should upgrade?

Also, my batteries condition is replace soon and I hear a clicking noise sometimes, probably my hard drive.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've an early 2011 15" MacBook Pro on which I installed El Capitan a few months ago, and it's been fine so far (though tbh it spends the vast majority of its time running on the Bootcamp partition).

Advertisement