If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch 4k

Options
  • 18-05-2016 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm should have about 1000 euro to spend on a TV in a week or two and was lookin for some suggestions.

Basically 4k, 55 inch and preferably not curved. Don't career about 3D.

What would you recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Deadalus, sorry for the delay in reply.  For around that sort of price I would be considering the LG 55UF770 http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201296-55uf770v.aspx .  Priced at €969 including delivery

Regards Stephen

Deadalus wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I'm should have about 1000 euro to spend on a TV in a week or two and was lookin for some suggestions.

Basically 4k, 55 inch and preferably not curved. Don't career about 3D.

What would you recommend?

Cheers
    Hey Dealalus.

You could also check out the Panasonic 55CX680 coming in at 899.00 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201325-viera-tx55cx680b.aspx

If you also didnt mind dropping a few inches you could look a the NEW Samsung UE50KS6000 which HDR coming in at 999.00 Euro (inc Delivery)
    This is a brand new product and has only just been released.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202009-ue50ku6000.aspx

Again both screen come with our free 6 year guarantee.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Hey Dealalus.

You could also check out the Panasonic 55CX680 coming in at 899.00 Euro (Inc Delivery)

If you also didnt mind dropping a few inches you could look a the NEW Samsung UE50KS6000 which HDR coming in at 999.00 Euro (inc Delivery)

Would these be comparable in standard to this TV?

Samsung UE55JU7000– 55” 4K Ultra HD TV

Hey Dealalus.

Would these be comparable in standard to this TV?

Samsung UE55JU7000– 55” 4K Ultra HD TV
    Hi Dealalus,

The Samsung UE50KU6000 is slightly better spec than the JU7000. The refresh rate would be slightly better giving a smoother picture and the KU6000 is also HDR compatible which the JU7000 does not support. The only thing the JU7000 has that the KU6000 doesn't is 3D compatibility but I don't know how important that is to you. The HDR compatibility is a big bonus as most 4K content isstarting to go down this route.

I would say the Samsung is better spec than the Panasonic as well.

Let me know what you think

David

Hi Dealalus,

The Samsung UE50KU6000 is slightly better spec than the JU7000. The refresh rate would be slightly better giving a smoother picture and the KU6000 is also HDR compatible which the JU7000 does not support. The only thing the JU7000 has that the KU6000 doesn't is 3D compatibility but I don't know how important that is to you. The HDR compatibility is a big bonus as most 4K content isstarting to go down this route.

David

Thanks David.

Just to make it mire difficult what if I ruled out the 4k element. I probably won't be using any 4k content for years anyway.

Could I get a top spec non 4k TV these days for about 1000?

• Advertisement

Hi Dealalus,

David

Thanks David.

Just to make it mire difficult what if I ruled out the 4k element. I probably won't be using any 4k content for years anyway.

Could I get a top spec non 4k TV these days for about 1000?
    Unfortunately all high spec TVs at 55 inch are going 4K as standard. To be fair the ability to play 4K and especially HDR content means a standard definition or Full HD picture will benefit from a broader colour spectrum and better refresh rate making the picture a bit more natural. There are a few non 4K TVs on the market but they tend to be much lower spec than the 4K TVs. Last year we had a Sony KDL55W855 which was a fantastic high spec, non 4K TV but unfortunately these have been discontinued and it looks unlikely that they will be replaced.

Hope this is helpful!

David

Unfortunately all high spec TVs at 55 inch are going 4K as standard. To be fair the ability to play 4K and especially HDR content means a standard definition or Full HD picture will benefit from a broader colour spectrum and better refresh rate making the picture a bit more natural. There are a few non 4K TVs on the market but they tend to be much lower spec than the 4K TVs. Last year we had a Sony KDL55W855 which was a fantastic high spec, non 4K TV but unfortunately these have been discontinued and it looks unlikely that they will be replaced.

Hope this is helpful!

David

Thanks David.

I've just gone to my local electrical store and had a look at a few. The Panasonic TX-55CX802B looked decent. It's 999 sterling on your website. Is that the bottom price or could we make it 999 euros???

Would you recommend that TV?

Hope this is helpful!

David

Thanks David.

I've just gone to my local electrical store and had a look at a few. The Panasonic TX-55CX802B looked decent. It's 999 sterling on your website. Is that the bottom price or could we make it 999 euros???

Would you recommend that TV?
    Hi Deadalus,

That is a very good television,but unfortunately any discussion of pricing is academic as the TV is a clearance line and completely unavailable. However there is a Panasonic TX58DX700 with similar but slightly better spec which has been released as a replacement.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx58dx700b/pana-tx58dx700b

This is the same price (999 sterling) as it is on sale. This is the rock bottom price but does include a 6 year guarantee and is a bigger set for the money.

David

Hi Deadalus,

That is a very good television,but unfortunately any discussion of pricing is academic as the TV is a clearance line and completely unavailable. However there is a Panasonic TX58DX700 with similar but slightly better spec which has been released as a replacement.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx58dx700b/pana-tx58dx700b

This is the same price (999 sterling) as it is on sale. This is the rock bottom price but does include a 6 year guarantee and is a bigger set for the money.

David

Thanks for the reply David.

It looks good. Is there anything about the TV that is not as good as the Panasonic I was looking at? Would the picture and everything be as good.

Seems cheap enough for a new model considering the other one was about 2k when first released.

Hi Deadalus,

David

Thanks for the reply David.

It looks good. Is there anything about the TV that is not as good as the Panasonic I was looking at? Would the picture and everything be as good.

Seems cheap enough for a new model considering the other one was about 2k when first released.
    Hey Dealalus.

For me the DX700 would have every bit as good if not better a picture over the CX802.

The 700 screen is HDR where as last years 802 was not.
    HDR gives a much better contrast and a wider colour range.

The 55DX802 is due in sometime this month although incoming dates have been changing so much lately as manufacturers delay shipping, release etc.....
    It hasn't even made it onto our website just yet but I expect it to be priced around £1800.
    http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/viera-televisions/led/tx-58dx802b.html

As you can see there are very noticeable changes to this years 800 series.

We run the 55DX902 here in our demo room using a Samsung 4K player and it is mind blowing the image quality :eek:

I hope this his a little.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.