Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth GAA Jersey

Options
  • 18-05-2016 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Quick question if anyone can help. I looking for a (or 3 possibly) Louth jerseys with McCabes as the sponsor. It is for family in the US, the young lad was given one on his last and only visit to Ireland and it has gone missing on him. He is quite upset about it and a new one wont do as it isnt the same as his dads was! He also now has a wee brother who now requires one so they are all matching lol (kids being kids!).

Its nice that he cares and he is being well schooled on his County team;)

We will send the current jersey but i've a feeling it just wont be the same.

5-6yrs and toddler type sizes, maybe an adult to just in case. If anyone would happen to have the 2009-12 shirt that they wouldn't mind parting with or would know where to go looking? it would be really appreciated. Happy to pay for them, collect etc.

Have checked Ebay and there was one.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Official-Louth-Gaelic-Football-Shirt-Jersey-Small-Man-/391388350051

I could try the County Board but it seems a menial enquiry to put to them I think. McCabes themselves are gone out of business I believe. Anyways thanks for any help or a pointing in the right direction!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You could try O'Neills. They have a factory shop just off the kylemore road in Dublin. They might have some old stock. Failing that try the supporters club. They used to meet in the clans clubhouse on the echo road don't know if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Supporters Club! Good thinking, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The Oneills shop in Newry have a section of clearance gear for sale .

If you give them a ring they might be able to check for you .
    I have used Oneills customer service for help manys a time through the years and I found them nothing but extremely helpful.

Absolutely brilliant to see the Louth colours being schooled into our young kids , especially kids overseas .

I hope you find one. My young lad has had all the jerseys since he was a kid, I must see if I have one like the picture you posted at home, from memory I am not so sure.

Cheers Andrew, I will give O'neills a call and the outlet in Newry. Be great if you could have a look see what you might have in case other enquires turn up nothing. I have mailed a couple of people and they have certainly been helpful and offered to ask about. If we're lucky enough to get it sorted I shall make sure there is a pic taken at some famous spot in Santa Monica in the jerseys and post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

http://www.adverts.ie/gaelic-football/gaa-rugby-soccer-deal-to-go/9956090

There is one of what your looking for in here, the size doesn't seem to be for a kid though. Could we worth checking out all the same.

• Advertisement

O'Neills were friendly and as helpful as the ould but with no luck so still on the hunt. Any child's size at this stage would be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

http://www.adverts.ie/6524259

Seen this on adverts.ie if this is any help

disc79 wrote: »

That would have been perfect but the add is quite old. I'm hoping that it is still listed it might still be there somewhere and stuck the offer in. Thanks nonetheless, much appreciated! Not a whole lot of luck so far. I mailed the Louth Supporters Club but no word yet also no word back from Louth GAA but it is important enough to persist so if anyone knows a name that might be able to help please pm me! There could be a Galaxy/Lakers/Anaheim shirt etc in it in return for the right Louth jerseys!

Actually not totally getting a blank, a jersey collector from Galway offered to assist with the hunt but ironically in in California on hols currently.

Looks like this is a winner, thanks disc and good spot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Looks like this is a winner, thanks disc and good spot:)

Hopefully works out .. Amazing that it's person in the us looking for a Louth jersey and the only one to be found is in cork lol

• Advertisement

Hopefully works out .. Amazing that it's person in the us looking for a Louth jersey and the only one to be found is in cork lol

All sorted and a couple more Louth shirts being sported in California. Was a bit mad that they were got from Cork. Apparently a family friend bought jerseys for the kids thinking they were Cork shirts and when opened up they were the Louth variety of red and white. So great stuff and thanks to all who pm'd and put us on to the various possibilities. No need to bribe with LA shirts in the end either so bonus for me ha!

Advertisement