Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Watch Golf GPS

• 18-05-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anybody use the Apple Watch for yardage? Are they accurate? Was thinking of getting a garmin approach but thinking of getting the Apple Watch cause more functions. Anybody use the apple watch for golf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Think peter finch on youtube done a review if its any good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hi,

I have an apple watch and I use the app GolfShot (free for the basic version).

This is very accurate and has a large database of golf courses for Ireland.

I compared the distance mine was showing compared to my dad's Garmin and both distances were exactly the same.

You can buy the pro version which will give you distances to sand bunkers, water hazards etc… but I'm more than happy with the free version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Hole 19 is accurate enough also. I find when using the Apple Watch for golf, whatever way I swing, it takes a lot of screenshots of the watch. I guess I could wear it on the other hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Downtime wrote: »
    Hole 19 is accurate enough also. I find when using the Apple Watch for golf, whatever way I swing, it takes a lot of screenshots of the watch. I guess I could wear it on the other hand.

I actually found I was doing the same thing and as it happens, this ended up solving a swing fault.

Turns out I was cupping my wrist at the top of my backswing which leads to an open club-face.

So I started to keep my wrist straight at the top of my swing and it no longer was taking screenshots and I was hitting the ball straight.

So my apple watch cured my slice :D

Advertisement