Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance/supplement - Topping Up

Options
  • 18-05-2016 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Whats the legal point of view of tenants topping up their SW payment such as rental allowance/supplement etc?

I have a house up for rent at the moment and lot of people asking about it even though its well above the local maximum rate for such payments

As a landlord am i breaking any laws by allowing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

If they go on HAP they are allowed top up their payments. There is a limit but tenant is allowed pay the rest themselves. They have to declare what rent they are paying and I think one of the aims with this is that the social will know about the payments so landlords will have to declare it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You're only breaking the law if you falsify a contract stating the rent is less than you're charging.

Advertisement